Evil Minds Work Together

The Difference Between Pity and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan woke up early the next day. He threw the blankets off and stared out the window, watching as his neighbor came out of her house to walk her dog. Luhan praised himself for waking up so early as he stood up and quickly dressed for school.

“LUHAN!”

Luhan winced when he heard a shout from downstairs. He was about to answer when he was cut off.

“GET OUT OF BED AND GET READY FOR SCHOOL!”

Luhan slammed open the door and poked his head down.

“I’M ALREADY AWAKE! CAN’T YOU WAIT FOR 5 SECONDS BEFORE SCREAMING AT ME?”

A pregnant pause followed. Luhan grumpily grabbed his bag and stomped downstairs. He was met with his mother’s shocked face and no sign of his father.

“You’re actually awake?” His mother gawked. “You mean, I didn’t have to go all the way up there and drag your body away from the bed?”

Luhan scoffed and sat down in his seat. After about 10 minutes, Luhan, who finally reached the end of his patience, started swinging his legs in boredom and tapped his chopsticks against the table. His mother sent him an irritated glare, but he shrugged it off and started to whistle a tune.

His mother suddenly slammed down the spoon she was stirring the soup with and whipped around.

“You woke up early so you could bother me first thing in the morning, didn’t you?”

Luhan gave her a cheeky grin and his mother groaned. He heard a loud thump beside him, and he watched his father stumble into the kitchen, looking like a complete mess.

“Good morning.” Luhan’s father mumbled as he sat down in his chair. He stared at the table for a moment, completely spacing out, before his head snapped up and he stared at Luhan in awe.

“What are you doing here?!” He exclaimed, pointing his finger at his son accusingly.

Luhan laughed cynically.

“Thanks dad. I feel so loved. No need to make it so obvious that you want to see my face this early.”

Luhan’s dad pouted, and it wanted to make Luhan throw up. Instead, he just made a gagging sound and looked away.

“Don’t be so mean, son.” Luhan’s dad sighed, but a wide grin was stretched onto his face. Luhan looked at him in disgust and quickly picked up his bag.

“Mom, don’t bother with my food. I think I’m going to pick up something on my way to school.” He said briefly before sticking out his tongue at his dad. He was on the way to the front door when he heard a shout from the kitchen.

“Luhan! What is wrong with you? Are you sick, sweetie? Why are you going to school so early?” Luhan’s mom called out, looking genuinely worried. Luhans snorted and waved lazily before swinging his bag over his shoulder. He smiled at his parents and shut the door behind him.

“Ugh.”

Luhan groaned out and closed his eyes for a minute. He took a deep breath and opened his eyes again.

He shut them in the speed of lightning. Literally.

“Go away.” He muttered as walked away. He could hear two pairs of feet scurrying after him.

“Good morning!” Luhan heard a low voice pipe up. It was such a weird mixture: a low voice that could make T.O.P go run for his money sound so enthusiastic.

“Shut up Chanyeol.” Luhan snapped back. He wasn’t in a good mood. Ever since last night, he felt something big and dangerous creep up behind him. He didn’t know what, and he didn’t want to know.

Luhan was content with his life, thank you very much.

Well, other than a certain boy with a thick lisp who couldn’t keep his mouth shut.

Now Luhan was getting pissed off.

Chanyeol opened his mouth again and Luhan whipped around, giving him a full out glare. He heard Baekhyun snicker beside him.

“Can’t you guys go anywhere without each other? You guys are like some pathetic losers who don’t have any other friends.”

Baekhyun, who definitely wasn’t one to sit still and be insulted at, put his hands on his hips as he huffed at Luhan.

“What’s your problem? Don’t be such a Luhan. Well, actually, you always are.”

Chanyeol had an amused look on his face as he looked at the two pissed off boys like it was a show. He was about to take out a bag of chips to munch at when Baekhyun suddenly turned to him and snatched it out of his hand.

“You! Stop eating or you’re going to become a fat pig! Doesn’t help that you’re already a freaking giant! Do you know how many calories this is? Look at this! Who in the world carries around 5 ing bag of chips everywhere they go?!” Baekhyun scolded and threw the bag over his head. Luhan caught it and popped open the bag. He slowly walked away from his friends.

“Uhh...Baek?”

“Look at yourself! Do you know how bad chips are for your health?! I know you’re in the basketball team Chanyeol, but yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter