Ally or Enemy

The Difference Between Pity and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun sighed and put down his music sheet, staring blankly at the wall in front of him. The music class had ended half an hour ago, and everyone had already moved on to their next class. Since Baekhyun had a free period, he decided to take the time to perfect the piece he had planned on performing at the school festival.

At this rate, the closest to the stage he could get was checking the lights and closing the curtains.

Baekhyun lazily drummed his fingers on the stand, humming a tune. He had practiced for hours last night, but for some reason, he just couldn’t perfect it. He grabbed his hair in frustration and attempted to sing it again.

He was on the second verse when his voice cracked. He groaned and quickly scribbled a note on the sheet, mentally scolding himself for not being able to get through one song perfectly.

Suddenly, Baekhyun felt a cold hard touch against his cheeks. He yelped and jumped up, turning around with alarmed eyes.

Chanyeol was laughing hysterically while holding two bottles of iced tea. He handed one to Baekhyun, who grumpily took it while murmuring something about Chanyeol being an idiot. Chanyeol shook it off and took his seat beside Baekhyun.

“So...what you doing?” Chanyeol asked, peering over Baekhyun’s shoulder to glance at the music sheet. Baekhyun sighed and gulped down the drink.

“Been working on this forever.” Baekhyun grumbled. “I just can’t get it right! I always make a mistake at the same place and I swear, if I get it wrong one more time, I might strangle myself.”

“Woah, calm down there. I’m sure you’re doing fine.” Chanyeol chuckled and took a drink, ignoring Baekhyun’s glare and frustrated huffs. Baekhyun turned his back towards Chanyeol and picked up the music sheet, trying to sing it one last time, when the door flung open and Luhan stormed in.

“I will kill him!” Luhan screamed, banging his fist on the piano. Chanyeol grimaced at the loud screech and moved out of the way before Luhan could do any damage to him.

“What is it this time? Honestly Luhan, I feel bad for the poor soul who accidentally managed to piss you off.” Baekhyun scolded, irritated about being interrupted in his practice time. Luhan’s eyes flared in anger and he walked over.

“It’s the ing basta-”

“Oh, him. What did he do?” Chanyeol cut him off while digging out a bag of chips from his jacket.

“What did he do? What did he do?! Oh, I’ll tell you what he did. Oh Sehun managed to call me a two faced and laugh in my face.”

“We call you a two faced all the time.” Baekhyun commented while drawing circles on his music sheet, not interested in the conversation. Luhan didn’t seem to notice this and simply flailed his arms around while pacing around the room.

“The idiot didn’t stop there. Of course he didn’t. Oh Sehun can’t keep his ing mouth shut for a second. He called me immature. He said I couldn’t handle a criticism. Who the does he think he is? Nobody, and I repeat, nobody handles criticisms better than I do. I let people call me a and a bastard every single day and what do I do? I laugh it off. How dare he say that I’m immature?!”

“Oh my god, Luhan.” Baekhyun groaned, leaning back in his chair and closing his eyes. Chanyeol chuckled but immediately shut up at the look Luhan gave him.

“You’re 17. Grow up. People called you much worse than that before. I don’t even know why you’re getting so worked up about this. Just ignore him. If you don’t talk to him, he won’t talk to you either.”

“For your information, I was perfectly nice to him when I first talked to him. He insulted me first, he’s the one bothering the crap out of me, he’s the idiot, and I’m honestly the innocent one here!”

Baekhyun snorted and Chanyeol bursted out in laughter. Luhan narrowed his eyes and put his hands on his hips, glaring at his two friends.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter