Our Chemistry

The Difference Between Pity and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The living room was filled with an eerie silence and Sehun shifted in his feet, staring at the back of Luhan’s head. The older was still on the ground, muttering incoherent things.

 

“Hey,” Sehun cleared his throat, “are you done yet?”

 

Luhan lifted his head silently and suddenly stood up, surprising Sehun.

 

“What am I doing? This is my house. I’m obviously the one in control. I don’t have to freak out,” Luhan snapped at himself. He lifted his head and met Sehun’s eyes with a determined look.

 

“Well, you aren’t going to just stand there for the rest of the day, are you?” Luhan spat, “you came to do the project, so let’s get started. Follow.”

 

Sehun scoffed at Luhan’s change in behavior, but nonetheless followed him upstairs. Luhan led him down a small hallway and pushed open a door, revealing a room. It was obviously Luhan’s, Sehun thought, as it was undeniably messy and exactly what he imagined it to be. With a small smirk, he closed the door behind him and watched as Luhan threw himself on the bed.

 

“You can find papers and stuff in the drawer over there,” Luhan pointed a lazy finger at the desk. Sehun quirked an eyebrow as the elder rolled over and stuffed his head in the pillow, a small frown plastered on his face.

 

“I take it that you aren’t going to be working on this with me?” he asked. He was met with a short nod. Eyes hardening, Sehun walked over and stared at Luhan before climbing on top of the bed and lying besides him.

 

Luhan felt the bed dip and turned around. He let out of high pitched scream when he was met with Sehun’s face only a few centimeters away from his own.

 

“What the ?!” Luhan yelled, immediately springing up. Sehun sat up with a deep sigh and ran his hand through his hair. “What are you doing in my bed?!”

 

“I thought I’d wait until you decided to start working.”

 

“In my bed?!” Luhan seethed. He stretched his hands and pushed Sehun off the bed, watching as the younger male fell on the ground with a painful bump.

 

“That was uncalled for!” Sehun bellowed, and Luhan noticed that it was the first time he actually heard Sehun lose his cool.

 

“You’re the one who climbed onto my bed!” Luhan snapped back, “seriously, what the heck is wrong with you?”

 

Sehun scoffed as he massaged his throbbing head. “Stop pretending to be a prude, Luhan.”

 

“I’m not being a prude!”

 

Sehun winced at the high pitched screech. Luhan’s eyes narrowed dangerously as he slowly reached for the nearest pillow and swung it in Sehun’s direction. It hit him square in the face and once again, Sehun found himself hitting the floor.

 

“This project better be worth this crap,” Sehun snarled as he grabbed the pillow off his face and slammed it down the floor, “all I want to do is finish this project. Will you please cooperate?”

 

“I would’ve before you decided it was a good idea to lie down next to me.”

 

“Really? You’re trying to make this my fault?”

 

Luhan crossed his arms and huffed in annoyance. “It is your fault.”

 

Sehun decided that he finally had enough and stomped over to the bed. He grabbed Luhan’s arm and dragged him off the bed. Luhan’s eyes widened for a split second before he tried to get away, but Sehun successfully pushed him onto a chair and took his seat besides him.

 

“It’s either this,” Sehun threatened as he turned the chair around and made Luhan face the table, “or we take a pleasant nap together. Which one?”

 

“I’m not going to sleep with you!” Luhan shouted, banging the table with his fist, “since when were you such a ert?”

 

“I’m not being a ert. I’m being smart and efficient,” Sehun shot back before taking his seat next to Luhan, “besides, if I didn’t do what I did then you would still be in that bed.”

 

Luhan closed his eyes and frowned.

 

“I’m getting a headache,” he moaned. Sehun looked at him with unsympathetic eyes before taking out a bunch of papers and putting them on top of the table.

 

“The sooner we’re done, the faster I’ll be out of here,” he said. Luhan opened his eyes and looked at Sehun warily. Sehun took out a pencil and held it out, daring Luhan to take it. After much reluctance, Luhan slowly took the pencil from Sehun.

 

“Fine, let’s do this,” Luhan sighed and ignored the smug look on Sehun before leaning forward and listening to Sehun’s instructions.

 

►♦►

 

“I’m so ing tired,” Luhan stretched his arms and yawned. Although he didn’t say anything, Luhan knew Sehun was tired as well. Sehun slowly put the pencil down and leaned back in his chair, closing his eyes.

 

“I guess we could use a break,” Sehun said, “10 minutes. Do whatever you want to do during that time.”

 

Luhan glared at Sehun before bringing his legs up, sitting in a criss-cross position. He took out his phone and scrolled down the contact list.

 

“Aren’t you hungry? I’m absolutely starving.”

 

Sehun opened his eyes and blinked.

 

“Food sounds nice.”

 

Luhan lifted his eyes and met Sehun’s. “Pizza?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter