Of Running Away, Faking, and Cupcakes

The Difference Between Pity and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun impatiently tapped his finger against the table, biting his lips and staring at his wristwatch every few minutes. The librarian looked  at him, a clear frown etched on her face, and Sehun bowed in apology and quickly moved to a table that was hidden from view.

 

Another twenty minutes passed before Sehun caught sight of a dirty blonde head making its way to the table. Sehun sighed and glared as Luhan slumped into the seat across of him.

 

“So you finally decided to show up,” Sehun said. Luhan frowned and leaned backwards in his chair.

 

“You should be glad I even showed up,” Luhan snapped, “I wasn’t planning to, but Baekhyun threatened to put eyeliner on me if I didn’t come to this .”

 

Sehun cocked an eyebrow. “And that made you come?”

 

“Wouldn’t you?” Luhan stretched his arms and yawned. “Anyways, I’m here so let’s get this over with.

 

Sehun reached into his bag and took out his notebook and opened it to an empty page. He pushed it in front of Luhan and handed him a pencil. Luhan stared at the pencil in his hand and looked blankly at Sehun.

 

“We need to brainstorm,” Sehun said and pointed at the blank page, “write down any ideas you have for our project. I’ll look through them and see which one seems the best.”

 

Luhan twirled his pencil around for a few seconds before bringing the notebook closer and writing down something.

 

Grinning, Luhan turned the notebook around and showed it to Sehun.

 

1. Cursing booth

2. Pranking all the teachers as a school-body

3. Glaring competition

 

Sehun slowly lifted his eyes and stared at Luhan.

 

“A cursing booth?” he dead-panned, “a glaring competition? What the is this?”

 

Luhan grinned widely.

 

“Okay, so for the cursing booth all the students can come over and freely cuss each other out. And nobody would get in trouble for it. It’s promoting freedom of speech! That’s written in some kind of formal American document, isn’t it? We should practice it!”

 

Sehun sighed and massaged his temples. “What about the glaring competition?”

 

“That’s another one of my ingenious ideas. It’s basically a staring competition, except it’s a bit more extreme that. Students come and glare at each other for a given amount of time before one looks away! The winner gets to punch the loser! I think its a great way to publicly express your hatred towards someone.”

 

Luhan paused for a while. “I think we should practice first. Just to tell you, I’m an expert in glaring.”

 

Sehun shut the notebook with a look of distress. “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

 

Luhan shrugged nonchalantly. “Why don’t you come up with something then.”

 

Sehun flipped to a new page and frowned slightly. Luhan took out his phone and went back to texting Chanyeol.

 

A few minutes later, Luhan was interrupted by a loud cough and was forced to look up from his phone. Sehun had written something down on the notebook and was waiting for Luhan with an impatient look.

 

“You done?” Luhan said. “Great. I’ll be going now.”

 

“No, you are not going,” Sehun said firmly and pulled Luhan back down, “I haven’t even explained my idea yet.”

 

Luhan rolled his eyes and shook Sehun’s hands away. “Whatever it is, I honestly don’t care. You don’t even need me here.”

 

“We’re doing this together,” Sehun emphasized and tapped on the words he had just written down, “Now for the project, I was going to go in a direction of something both original but not too hard.”

 

Luhan shrugged.

 

“Since this is a school-wide festival, I’m guessing most students will come up with ideas such as face painting, food stands, kissing booths, and other things like that. If we want to get a decent grade, we need to come up with some - Luhan, are you even listening?”

 

Luhan tore his eyes away from his phone and frowned in annoyance.

 

“What? I told you I didn’t care.”

 

“This is our project, not mine.”

 

“Oh please, you would do perfectly fine working on your own.”

 

Sehun narrowed his eyes and before he could retort, Luhan swatted his hands and pointed at the paper.

 

“Just explain the idea will you? I need to meet up with Chanyeol in an hour.”

 

Sehun eyed Luhan with suspicion before slowly starting again.

 

“Anyway, as I was saying, I was thinking of something that will be unique. That’s how I came up with this.”

 

Sehun turned the paper away and Luhan glanced at it.

 

The Truth Game

 

Luhan looked up and blinked. “The what?”

 

“The Truth Game. It basically requires all participants to tell the truth to anything question given. It’s a spin off of Truth and Dare, I guess.”

 

“How’s this different from the Cursing booth I suggested?”

 

Sehun cocked an eyebrow. “Luhan, not everyone’s truth is an insult.”

 

“You called me a two-faced when you first met me!”

 

“That was the truth.”

 

“Hah, very funny,” Luhan mocked, “Now that we’re finished, I’ll be on my way.”

 

Sehun groaned and for the second time that hour, pulled Luhan back into his seat.

 

“Luhan,” Sehun said in between his teeth, “We just got done with coming up with an idea. We’re nowhere near done.”

 

“We can come up with the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter