Lifelong Nemesis

The Difference Between Pity and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan groaned when he heard a loud thump downstairs. He forced his eyes open but immediately shut it at the intense sunlight shining through his window.

“Someone...” He mumbled as he flipped over, digging his head in his pillow. The thumping sound became louder and louder.

“Close...” He continued, a little louder than the last time. He ignored the sound come to an abrupt stop.

“THE DAMN WINDOW!” He shot out as the door slammed open, revealing his mother in all her glory.

“Xi Luhan.” His mother growled, a spatula waving threateningly in her hand. “It’s 8, for gods sake! Get your lazy off that bed and get ready for school!”

“But moooommmm” He whined, refusing to get up. He gulped at the silence that followed and lifted his head slightly to see his mom towering over him, holding a bucket full of ice cold water.

“No, no, mom, please, no, not that.” He pleaded, pulling his body up in a record speed of 2 seconds.

But it was too late.

The last thing he saw was his mom’s sly grin as she tilted the bucket, dumping the water on Luhan, completely soaking him. His gasped at the sudden coldness.

“MOM!” He growled, jumping up as the water dripped down his completely wet air.

“Don’t ‘mom!’ me. You asked for it. You better be down in the kitchen fully dressed and ready for school in 15 minutes or I’m bringing in the emergency bucket.”

“The emergency bucket?!” Luhan shrieked as he fumbled over to his bathroom, tugging on a towel. “You have an emergency bucket?! What kind of human being are you?”

“Now now, sweetie, I’m your mother.” Her mother blinked innocently. “With a son like you, I must be one heck of a woman, shouldn’t I?”

“The devil is more like it.” Luhan whispered but his mother was already out of the door.

Today was not his day.

Groaning in frustration, he quickly dried himself up and put on his school uniform.

“XI Luhan!” He heard a shout. Luhan gritted his teeth and yanked the door open.

“I’M COMING! DAMN IT, WOMAN, CAN’T YOU WAIT?” He yelled, poking his head out.

“DON’T TALK TO ME LIKE THAT YOU INSUFFERABLE BRAT!” Luhan heard a reply, equally annoyed and angered as he was. Luhan smirked.

Grabbing his bag, he slammed the door shut and ran downstairs and into the kitchen. He saw his mother standing up, glaring at him as he casually took his seat beside his very amused father.

“Finally decided to come down and show me that you’re alive, Luhan?” His father said, a grin sketched on his face as he sipped his coffee.

“I would’ve come down faster.” Luhan said while he glared back at his mother. “If someone didn’t find it necessary to drop a bucket full of cold water on me the first thing in the morning!”

“If I didn’t, you would probably still be in bed!” His mother snapped back as she put down a plate of freshly cooked omelets in the middle of the table. Luhan eagerly took one. His mother slapped his hand, causing him to drop the omelet back into the plate.

“You see this dad? Mom’s always bullying me!” Luhan whined as he attempted to take another one. He finally bit into it and hummed happily.  He had to admit, although his mom was a devil disguised as a human, her cooking was delicious.

Luhan’s father chuckled as he put down the newspaper he was reading and began eating himself. “I’m sorry son. That’s a problem you’ll have to solve. I’m afraid I can’t do much about it.”

“Oh, that’s right.” His mother snorted. “I had to wake you up by hitting a pan right by your ear.”

Luhan choked on his omelet and laughed. His father shrugged as if it wasn’t a big deal. “What can I say? Like father like son, huh?”

Luhan’s mother was about to retort when she was interrupted by a loud bang outside the house. Luhan dropped his fork and stared at the front door.

“Luhan! You’re ing late, idiot!”

Luhan rolled his eyes at the voice he knew so well and his parents began laughing. Luhan walked over and yanked the door open, revealing a defeated looking Chanyeol and a very furious Baekhyun.

“Oh, you finally open the door. Do you know how much I called you?! We were supposed to meet at the bus stop at 7:40, but you make us come all the way to your house just because you were too lazy.”

Baekhyun huffed and put his hands on his hips while Chanyeol stood behind him with a sheepish grin.

“Umm...Baek...”

Baekhyun ignored Chanyeol and jabbed a finger in Luhan’s chest.

“You better be glad that we were nice enough that we decided to come all the way to your house instead of ditching you, you ungrateful bastard. I was this close to leaving when I decided, with all the generosity of my heart, I’d give you a second chance.”

“Baek, I really thi-” Chanyeol opened his mouth only to be stopped by Baekhyun’s glare.

“You better have a hell of a good excuse for not being there on time or I swear, I will personally make you taste what hell’s like.”

Luhan rolled his eyes at his friend’s threat. Baekhyun narrowed his eyes and took a step forward.

“You think I’m joking? You don’t have any idea what I’m capable of. I can make you beg for mercy in less than 5 seconds. Think twice before saying anything.”

Chanyeol, who finally had enough, hit Baekhyun on the head to make him shut up.

“Oh my god Baekhyun, shut up! Luhan’s parents are right there!”

Baekhyun’s jaw dropped and he slowly turned around, peeking over Luhan’s shoulders. On the kitchen table sat Luhan’s mother with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter