The Debate

The Difference Between Pity and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

School had ended a long time ago, and the building was almost empty. The hallways were dim; only a few flickering lights were on. The library was occupied by about half a dozen studious students who actually bothered about their grades enough to stay after school.

There was one room at the very end of the hallway. It was the music room, filled with piles of music sheets, stands popped up against each other, and rows and rows of chairs filling the back half of the room. Unlike the rest of the room in the school, this room was bright and filled with chatters.

“That’s ridiculous!”

“It’s a perfect plan, actually.”

“Do you want us to get killed?”

“I’m so for it! Payback time!”

Four boys were sitting on the ground in a circle, talking about something with strong passion. Two boys were arguing with the other two, mouths running like motors and eyes literally sparking fire.

“No! I’m not taking part in this and it’s final!” Jongin grunted, banging his fist on the ground. Baekhyun, who was sitting diagonally from him, snorted and crossed his arms.

“Excuse me, but it was your best friend who came up with the idea.”

Jongin turned his head, glaring at Kyungsoo who smiled and shrugged innocently.

“It’s a good idea! I mean, I don’t know about you Jong, but why are you so against it Chanyeol?”

Chanyeol frowned and shook his head. “I am not risking my life. I’m only seventeen! I don’t want to die!”

Baekhyun let out a high pitched squeak and fell backwards, clutching his stomach as he roared in laughter. Kyungsoo sighed and Jongin’s expression didn’t change a bit.

“Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo said. “You are not going to die.”

“You don’t know about that! This is Luhan we’re talking about. Trust me, you do not mess with Luhan unless you want to die.”

Baekhyun sat straight up, although his mouth was stretched in a grin. He turned to his best friend and hit him on the head.

“Don’t be an idiot! Luhan’s harmless.”

Three heads turned to him and Baekhyun bit his lips.

“Umm...Luhan’s harmless when it comes to us.”

Chanyeol opened his mouth to protest but Baekhyun beat him to it, sending him his infamous glare. Chanyeol shrunk down and pouted, resting his hand on his palm.

“So, it’s all decided!” Baekhyun clapped his hands together, earning a smile from Kyungsoo and a groan from Chanyeol. Jongin merely scowled.

“No way.” Jongin spat out, a little more harshly than he had intended to.

“And why not?” Baekhyun retorted, definitely not any gentler than Jongin. Baekhyun wasn’t the type to back down.

“Because it’s stupid.” Jongin said as if it was the most obvious reason in the world. “I don’t want to waste my time.”

“Well Kim Jongin you’ll just have to shut the up and do it be-”

“Jong.” Kyungsoo interrupted Baekhyun, shocking both him and Jongin. Jongin stared at him and Baekhyun closed his mouth grumpily.

“Come on. Just do it, okay? It’ll be fun!” Kyungsoo piped up, his face brightening up as he looked up at the taller boy. Jongin remained hesitant for a second, debating on what to do, when Baekhyun made the decision for him.

“Okay then! With all four of us in, Operation Turn Luhan Into an Actual Angel, aka TLIAA has officially begun!”



Flashback (A few hours ago)

Right when the bell rang, signaling the end of class and the end of one horrendous day of school, Kyungsoo, who was usually the last one out of class, jumped out of his seat, surprising Jongin.

“What the-” Jongin exclaimed while he bent down, picking up the iPod he had dropped on accident. He straightened up and slung his bag over his shoulders. He turned around to see Kyungsoo’s excited face.

“Let’s go!” Kyungsoo whispered, although Jongin was sure everyone around him could hear. Kyungsoo grabbed Jongin’s arm and pulled him out of class, making his classmates stare at Kyungsoo’s unusual behavior. Even the teacher seemed alarmed at her best student’s sudden change of attitude.

“What.are.you.doing.” Jongin asked while he was literally pulled through the mob of students. Kyungsoo had his eyes on one classroom.

“We’re going to find Baekhyun and Chanyeol of course!” Kyungsoo exclaimed. Jongin stopped abruptly, pulling Kyungsoo back and making him bump into the taller boy’s chest.

“Wait. What?” Jongin muttered. “You met them today for the first time! Were you actually seriously about the whole Luhan revenge thing?!”

“Of course I was!” Kyungsoo exclaimed and pushed himself off Jongin, smiling sheepishly at him. Jongin sighed and Kyungsoo took that as a yes, once again pulling him through the hallway. He halted in front of a door and pulled it open, revealing a nearly empty classroom with only a few students left, all heading towards the door to go out. Kyungsoo’s eyes brightened when he spotted the two boys he was looking for.

“Baekhyun! Chanyeol!”

Both of the boys spun around from their seats, looking surprised at the sudden visitor. Baekhyun quickly put on a charming smile and walked up to them while Chanyeol trailed behind him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter