First Impressions

The Difference Between Pity and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun quietly opened the door and stepped in. His parents weren’t home; they never were, so he wasn’t too surprised to see his house empty. Chanyeol was a few steps behind, and Baekhyun figured it would buy him about three minutes before Chanyeol came rushing into the house. He quickly shrugged off his shoes, closed the door behind him, and ran to his bathroom.

 

Locking the door behind him, Baekhyun closed his eyes and slumped on the floor. He was extremely stupid, and even though he had come to terms with his feelings, it didn’t make it any easier.

 

Byun Baekhyun you idiot!

 

Baekhyun had anger issues. That was never a secret. If Luhan was like a sharp shooter’s arrow, knowing exactly the opponent’s weakness and attacking them without mercy, then Baekhyun was like a volcano. When he was angry, he didn’t think. He, both literally and figuratively, exploded. He couldn’t see straight and all he saw were red and black.

 

And, after he finally calmed down, it was then when reality would finally settle in. When Baekhyun would realize how idiotic he was and how much he wanted to hit himself over and over again for letting his emotions overtake his reason. It happened all the time, yet Baekhyun still wasn’t able to control it.

 

When Baekhyun realized he had more than friendly feelings for his best friend, he knew he was doomed. He was confident that his friend, who was Park Chanyeol for heaven’s sake and was probably the most oblivious human being on the planet, would never guess that he had a crush on the taller male. However, he couldn't ensure anything when he got, well, heated. If he got angry, jealous, scared, or anything else for that matter, he couldn’t promise anything. He could be sprouting confessions to Chanyeol one minute and then getting ready to jump off the Han River in the next.

 

Baekhyun groaned and repeatedly bumped his head against the door. He couldn’t believe that he let his emotions out of control again.He knew he was being completely irrational and unfair, and felt horrible for yelling at Chanyeol when it was clearly not his fault.

 

When he heard a loud crash in the living room,Baekhyun knew Chanyeol had finally arrived. He scrambled off the floor and turned the faucet on.

 

“Baekhyun?” Baekhyun could hear Chanyeol’s voice grow louder and louder as he came closer to the bathroom door. There was a soft knock and Baekhyun slowly turned off the water.

 

“Uh, just a moment! I was washing my face.”

 

Chanyeol chuckled in his usual low tone and Baekhyun groaned inwardly.

 

“Alright, I’ll be at your room.”

 

Chanyeol’s footsteps grew fainter and Baekhyun waited by the stall for a few minutes before tentatively opening the door. Chanyeol was already gone, and Baekhyun sighed in relief before he walked into his room.

 

Baekhyun glanced at Chanyeol, who was lying on his bed with a bored look.

 

“You promised to watch the drama with me,” Baekhyun teased with a wide grin. He chuckled as he saw Chanyeol groan but bring the computer screen to the middle of the bed, clicking on one of the episodes already open on the tab.

 

“I don’t know why you enjoy this,” he muttered, “it’s not even that good.”

 

Baekhyun huffed and punched his best friend in the arm.

 

“Hey! It’s perfectly fine! You’re the one who suggested watching it in the first place, so you can’t back out now.”

 

“Well you were in a really bad mood before and I was trying to cheer you up. Now that you’re better, why don’t we just play some Sudden Attack-”

 

“Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol gulped as he met Baekhyun’s sharp glare and laughed awkwardly.

 

“Okay, okay, I was just joking. Here, just turn on the episode already.”

 

Baekhyun took a seat next to Chanyeol and watched as the screen turned dim for a second before a close shot of Hyun Bin came on the scene.

 

“Oooh, I’ve been wanting to watch this episode for like forever!”

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and turned around to place the pillows in a comfortable position. Baekhyun nodded in appreciation and leaned backwards, Chanyeol’s arm taking its place around Baekhyun’s shoulders.

 

Baekhyun grinned softly as he watched Hyun Bin leaned forward, cupping Ha Ji Won’s cheeks with his hands and placing a soft kiss on her lips. He turned around to make a comment when he noticed Chanyeol’s drooping head.

 

Baekhyun sighed as Chanyeol’s head tilted left and slided on top of Baekhyun’s arms. With his other arm, he gently pushed Chanyeol’s head so it was placed further up.

 

“Idiot,” he whispered, before brushed Chanyeol’s bangs away from his face and draping a blanket over his body.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter