Confrontations

The Difference Between Pity and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Flour...flour...” Chanyeol muttered as he strolled along each aisle, “where is the flour...?”

 

Chanyeol was interrupted by a small cough and he glanced away from the stands in front. A girl who looked to be about his age smiled up at him.

 

“Hi. Are you looking for some flour?”

 

Chanyeol blushed red. The girl was extremely small, coming up to only Chanyeol’s chest. She was also very pretty, dark auburn hair coming to the middle of her waist and her almond eyes shining brightly.

 

“Yeah,” Chanyeol said, “but I can’t seem to find it.”

 

“I can take you to where the flour is,” the girl said and turned around, signaling Chanyeol to follow. Chanyeol couldn’t help but smile back at her friendliness and followed her.

 

“I come here a lot for groceries,” she piped up. Chanyeol noticed she had a really soft voice, and giggled inwardly. “Do you live near here?”

 

“About 15 minutes away. I came here to buy some ingredients for a birthday present.”

 

The girl looked up, clearly intrigued. “A birthday present? Is it for a girlfriend?”

 

Chanyeol shook his head vehemently. “No! Of course not! It’s for a friend. A male friend.”

 

The girl blinked and Chanyeol grimaced for being such an idiot.

 

“Oh, so you don’t hav-”

 

“I’m single.”

 

Chanyeol did a mental happy dance as the girl giggled and stopped in front of the very end aisle.

 

“Thanks!” Chanyeol beamed and grabbed a huge bag of flour, “you’re very nice.”

 

“My name is Kang Mihye.”

 

“Mine’s Park Chanyeol.”

 

Mihye extended her hand and Chanyeol took it.

 

“So, you come here often?”

 

Mihye nodded. “I have three younger siblings, and my parents are super busy with work, so I’m in charge of taking care of them. I know my way around here very well, and you looked really lost, so I figured that you were in need of some help.”

 

Chanyeol chuckled. “Yeah, if it weren’t for you, I probably would have to make cupcakes without any flour.”

 

Mihye giggled and Chanyeol swore he died a little right then.

 

“You’re funny,” Mihye said, “and kind too.”

 

Chanyeol scratched the back of his head, unsure of how to respond to the compliment.

 

“Thanks,” he said, “hey, Mihye, I was wondering if I could know your ph-”

 

“Chanyeol? What are you doing here?”

 

Chanyeol was abruptly cut off by another voice. He looked past Mihye’s head and saw Baekhyun staring at him with startled eyes.

 

“Baekhyun-ah,” Chanyeol exclaimed. He returned his gaze to Mihye, who was looking at the two boys with a confused look.

 

“This is Baekhyun. The friend I was telling you about.”

 

Mihye’s eyes widened in recognition and nodded. “Oh! The friend you’re bak-”

 

Chanyeol jumped forward and grabbed Mihye’s arm, stopping her from going on. Mihye stared at Chanyeol in surprise before understanding.

 

“Uh, nevermind,” Mihye quickly said. She smiled sweetly at Baekhyun, who had a small frown on his face.

 

“Hello, my name is Kang Mihye.”

 

“...... Byun Baekhyun.”

 

Mihye offered her hand, which Baekhyun stared at for a while before hesitantly shaking it.

 

“How exactly do you know Park Chanyeol?”

 

Mihye laughed. “I just met him. He was getting something and didn’t know where it was, so I offered to help him.”

 

“She was being very nice,” Chanyeol added, and smiled down at Mihye, who blushed red. Baekhyun cleared his throat and snatched his hand away a little too roughly.

 

Mihye stared at her hanging hand and retrieved it, laughing awkwardly.

 

“I guess I’ll be going now,” Mihye said, “I’ll see you later Chanyeol, if you ever decide to come back!”

 

“I’ll be back for sure.”

 

Chanyeol waved enthusiastically as Mihye said a quick goodbye to both boys and left the grocery store. Chanyeol turned to face Baekhyun, who was staring at the place Mihye had just left with a hardened look.
 

 

 

“Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asked and tapped the shorter male’s shoulder.

 

Baekhyun turned around and stared at Chanyeol.

 

“Do you flirt with girls everytime you come to buy groceries?”

 

Chanyeol was taken back with the sudden question.

 

“What? Of course not!”

 

Baekhyun scoffed and crossed his arms. “You sure looked like you were flirting with her.”

 

Chanyeol narrowed his eyes.

 

“It’s probably because I was!” he snapped, “and if you hadn’t interrupted, I could’ve gotten her phone number! Way to be a , Baekhyun!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter