The Start of a Stupid Friendship

The Difference Between Pity and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bell rang, signaling the end of class. Luhan finally tore his eyes away from the window and sighed.

“Chan.” Luhan drawled. Chanyeol stuffed his manga in his bag and turned around. “Wake Baekhyun up.”

Chanyeol whined as he poked Baekhyun in the ribs. However, Baekhyun didn’t budge. Luhan rolled his eyes and walked over, grabbing a fistful of Baekhyun’s hair and pulling it up forcefully. Baekhyun’s eyes immediately opened and he instinctively punched Luhan in the stomach.

“.” Luhan seethed. “What was that for?!”

“You’re the one who pulled my hair first!” Baekhyun growled back as he busily fixed his hair. “Seriously. No one touches my hair.”

“Psh. Stop being a girl.” Chanyeol snorted and pushed past him, heading towards the door. Luhan ignored Baekhyun’s antics and followed.

The three entered the buzzing cafeteria. The whole school was there, either lining up to get some junk, what the school liked to call food, or heading straight to their usual table.

Baekhyun slumped down in his seat, taking out his kimbap. Luhan and Chanyeol slammed their trays down in front of him, grabbing his attention.

“They call this kimchi soup.” Chanyeol grumbled, taking out his chopsticks and poking at it like it was a bomb. “Looks more like puke, doesn’t it?”

“I heard it’s not even made from regular vegetables and meat.” Luhan muttered back and winced as he stuffed a spoonful of rice, which tasted like plastic, in his mouth. “I wonder if this is actually edible.”

“You know that dude from 2-B? His name was Kim Minseok, I think. Apparently he got food poisoning from this.” Chanyeol said, pointing at his tray. “I heard he almost died.”

Luhan dropped his spoon in disgust and pushed his tray away. He looked at Baekhyun. “You want this? It’s all yours.”

Baekhyun snorted before he popped a kimbap in his mouth. “What? You want to kill me or something? No thanks. There is a reason why I bring my own lunch.”

Chanyeol grinned creepily and moved his seat next to Baekhyun. He slung his arm around Baekhyun’s petite shoulders.

“Baek! I think you’re gaining some fat right here!” Chanyeol exclaimed, patting Baekhyun’s stomach. “I don’t think you should eat all that!  Here, I’ll help you.” Chanyeol reached out and was about to grab a kimbap when Baekhyun slapped his hand away.

“Jerk.” He muttered, shuffling away from Chanyeol’s reach. “I’ll always be thinner than you, fattie. Go away and eat your own trash.”

Luhan chuckled at Chanyeol’s defeated figure when the chair beside him was pulled back. He looked questioningly as Jongin and Kyungsoo sat down.

“You mind?” Jongin asked. “All the other seats are occupied.”

Chanyeol and Luhan opened their mouths to complain when Baekhyun beat them to it. His eyes turned into perfect crescent moons and he beamed at the two newcomers.

“Of course you can sit here.” Baekhyun cooed. “These two don’t mind, do they?” He shot a glare to Luhan and Chanyeol. They gulped and looked down, mumbling a quiet reply.

“Oh. That’s cool.” Jongin smirked. Kyungsoo smiled shyly and muttered a quiet “Thanks.”

“So, Kai.” Baekhyun started. He pushed Chanyeol away when he attempted to steal a kimbap once again. “You and Kyungsoo. You guys close?”

Jongin shrugged and Kyungsoo became stiff, awkwardly eyeing Chanyeol’s untouched plate

“Yeah, I guess.” Jongin muttered, drumming his fingers against the table. “I was the only one who bothered to talk to this kid. He’s too damn shy to say anything first.”

“Oh. How long have you been friends?” Baekhyun questioned, his eyes brightening up as always when he found something interesting. Chanyeol and Luhan both raised their eyebrows but kept quiet.”

“Uhh...” Jongin looked at Kyungsoo, who didn’t peer his eyes off Chanyeol’s tray once. “I think....two years? I don’t exactly remember.”

“Yeah. It’s been two years.” Kyungsoo finally opened his mouth. His voice was barely audible. “He talked to me in class when we were both sophomores.”

“And now you’re both in the same class again!” Baekhyun piped up, clapping his hands together. “Chanyeol and I are childhood friends. Our parents work together, so we basically knew each other since diapers.” Baekhyun pointed at Luhan. “We became friends with Luhan in middle school. We were in seventh grade. Right Luhan?”

Luhan had a strong desire to comment on how idiotic, comedic, and dramatic Baekhyun was back then, refusing to even talk or look at Luhan, while Chanyeol towered over him, smiling and scaring the crap out of Luhan.

“Hi! My name is Luhan!” Luhan said, smiling angelically. The teacher pat him on the back, telling him to go sit behind two boys huddled together and urgently whispering things. Luhan nodded and strutted to the corner, taking his seat.

The two boys broke apart and looked behind. The taller boy of the two grinned widely and waved enthusiastically. Luhan immediately wiped off his angelic smile.

“Ew. What’s wrong with your face.”

The boy froze, his smile disappearing. The other boy beside him narrowed his eyes and glared at him.

“New Boy. Watch your mouth. If you insult Chanyeol, you have to deal with me.”

Luhan scoffed, scanning the petite boy. He was even smaller than himself.

“Wow. You? I’m so scared.” Luhan said with a fake pout. He leaned back proudly as the taller boy faced his back towards him and the smaller one turned red.

“Stop being an .” The boy growled. “Chanyeol was just being nice. You’re such a two faced .”

“Thanks.” Luhan said, smirking. “That’s what I do best.”

Luhan had to keep in his laughter as the boy’s name was called out by the teacher. Baekhyun, that was his name, spun around, face flushed in both anger and embarrassment as he was scolded for not listening.

“ing Bastard.”

Luhan heard Baekhyun whisper as he passed by him while walking out. Chanyeol slapped Baekhyun’s arm, scolding him quietly for using profanity. Baekhyun simply rolled his eyes.

Luhan shook his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter