Chapter 5

Deals and Promises
Please log in to read the full chapter


“Wake up Alexa~ You don’t want to be late~ That’s enough for an afternoon nap!” Alexa’s father pulled the blanket off her forcefully.


“Dad! It’s Saturday! I can go sleep whenever I want.” she groaned and covered her face with a pillow


“Get up, now.”


“But dad…”


“It’s time to meet your sister. Both of you have been so busy in school and now is the right time to finally meet her. Get up now or I’ll confiscate all of your gadgets.”


“But dad~” Alexa sighed in defeat. “Is she nice?” she suddenly asked out of curiosity.


“Guess what? She’s in the same school as yours and there’s a really big chance you’ve met her.”


“Then she isn’t nice…” Alexa mumbled. “But why didn’t you tell me immediately?”


“Well, SURPRISE! I can’t come with you though, but I hope you two still get along. I’m actually sure of it.”


“This isn’t funny. You have to be there!” She pouted.


“Sorry honey…but I promise you, the next time, we’ll be altogether.” The man said regretfully and kissed his daughter’s forehead. “By the way, take a shower, you stink.”


“Thanks dad.”


The father then left once again for work, and somehow got Alexa wondering to herself. She had always wanted a sibling, but never thought it would be someone who might have passed by her in school. If only her father had told her earlier then she would know who to contact or to ask for help, or at least bond with the first few days in the country.


After an hour of getting ready, Alexa finally made her way to the restaurant where she will finally meet her sister. She does not even know how does she look, and her father did not give any clue or a picture. As much as possible, she wanted to look good and presentable so she really thought of everything she had to wear and how she would greet her sister.


“Hey~ What is the new girl doing here?” Sunyoung suddenly appeared and sat in front of her.


“None of your business.” She answered back causing the other girl to frown.


“Who? Your freak friend?”


“I just said it’s none of your business.” The other girl rolled her eyes and started to text someone else whereas Alexa started to call his father again. “Yes dad…I’m already here….Please tell her I’m on the third table on the left, okay? Thanks dad.”


“Let me guess, your father set you up with a blind date? So desperate…” she scoffed and fortunately, her talking got interrupted by their noisy phones. “Third table on the left…” Sunyoung mumbled.


“She’s already there wearing a green dress.” Alexa mumbled at the same time. With the sudden realization, the two widened their eyes while scanning each other. Third table, check. Green dress, check. Sisters? Definitely.


“You’re my sister?!” the two of them shrieked, gaining the attention from the other customers. As soon as they noticed that eyes were on them, the two girls slowly sat down and had a glaring battle.


“Oh no! This can’t be! Ugh! Don’t tell anyone about this! My image will be ruined.” Sunyoung said while pouting and kicking under the table.


“You are so right! I don’t want everyone to know that I have a spoiled brat sister!” Alexa paid back and stuck her tongue out.


“At least for once, we agreed on one thing. Don’t ever let the whole school know! And I will never ever call you unnie, understand?!”


“I never asked you anyway.”


“UNNIE?! EEEEHHH?! You two are sisters?!” the two of them looked to the direction where the voice came from and there they found the boys of Block B. Of all people that would hear their conversation, it just had to be the most popular guys in school.


The two girls just stared at them, dumbfounded and have no idea on what to do next. Sunyoung suddenly thought of something and began pleading the boys with her cute voice and clinging on to them. Every one of them agreed except for one.  Zico. He removed Sunyoung’s hand from his arm and then walked closer to Zico with a smirk.


He whispered, “If you agree to be my girlfriend, then I’ll keep your secret.”


“HELL NO!” Alexa screamed on his face and push the boy out of her way. It was already bad that Sunyoung was her sister and it only got worse when the arrogant boy just asked her to be his girlfriend. “Nice meeting you, sister.” She scoffed and went home without saying more.


“Yah, Zico, what did you do?” the other guys asked him but he just shrugged.


“I’ll just go ahead guys. I need to go home already.” Zico excused but all he wanted to annoy the girl even more.


Alexa was fuming in anger when she was seen by Zico at the bus s

Please log in to read the full chapter