Chapter 2

Deals and Promises
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Alexa excitedly inhaled the Korean air as soon as she stepped out of the plane. Finally, after long hours of travelling in the air, it was like already living her dream just by stepping on her second homeland, and she felt so much better upon seeing the man she has been looking for almost all her life.


“Dad!” she squealed and ran towards the man who was welcoming her with open arms.


“Alexa! I missed you so much!” the man lifted her up before setting her down once again on her feet. “How was your flight? You don’t seem so tired though.”


“It was great, and I may be a little excited to see you, that’s why.” She smiled.


“Good, so how was your mother? She cried, didn’t she?” she nodded. “Of course. Let’s go, we’ve got a lot of things to do.”


The man drove back home as soon as possible to leave all her things at home, and to spend much more time with Alexa.


“Dad, are you the only one here?” she asked, seeing the house so empty and no trace of another life.


“Yes honey. We’re the only ones here.”


“But I thought you remarried? You followed her here but then it was all for nothing?”


“Well, almost. It never worked out and we broke up before we got married. Ah, we can just talk about my life later, but for now, we have to go outside, unless you want to rest.”


“Nope, I’ll be fine.” She smiled and hooked arms with her father.


She knew her father had done something wrong before but it doesn’t mean all her love for him was lost. She did not even know what was happening that time and just understood everything when she came at the right age and the parents explained everything to her.


“You’re aware that school will start next week, right?” her father told her and she nodded. Her fun days will be gone in a flash and she has to make the most out of it. “So, I planned that we should go to your school now before we actually go around, is that okay with you?”


“Sure.” She shrugged and agreed with his dad’s plan.


“But don’t worry, I actually fixed everything for you already and all you need is to show up at the office.” Alexa hummed as she was more concentrated on the road than the school stuff her dad was talking about.


“Hey dad, I want to try that restaurant.”


“Later, Alexa. You decide on where you want to go or what you want to do.” Alexa grinned and kept on looking out the car. She was even mentally noting the places she saw and would love to try everything on the very first day even though she’d actually stay there for a long time.


“Hello? I can’t today…I’m with my daughter, I promised her and this is her first day here…But…Fine.” The man sighed and dropped his phone at the dashboard. Alexa was acting oblivious but she can already feel that she was going to be alone when it comes to


“You can’t go with me, huh? I understand…if it means saving a lot of people in the future, then go ahead.”


“I won’t go if you don’t want me too.”


“It’s okay dad, I can take care of myself. I also wante

Please log in to read the full chapter