Chapter 14

Deals and Promises
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“What do you think you’re doing?” Alexa scowled at Zico. He was busy packing his things, and fully dressed, ready to go to school. “Dad said you have to rest!”


“I can manage okay?”


“But Zico, can you please for once, listen?!” she scolded him but the boy whimpered like a little puppy.


“I’ll get bored in here, and it’s quite awkward too…it’s your house not mine.” He said softly and lowered his head. Alexa rolled her eyes and grabbed her phone to call her father.


“Dad, Zico’s being stubborn and doesn’t want to rest…Okay…Got it, thanks dad.”


“So…do I really have to stay?”


“Nope. Dad said you can go to school but you should not move excessively.”


“I told you so!” Zico let out a high-pitched laugh which made her roll her eyes. “Go on, get dressed! Hurry! We’re going to be late!!” he started pushing her back to her room with a huge grin plastered on his face.


After a few minutes of waiting, Alexa was prepared to go to school. She had already packed their costume in her bag, and a first aid kit for Zico’s injuries.


She groaned, “Just one more day…Zico! Let’s go!”


“Wait, can you at least cover my scars, I don’t want to get questioned by the teachers.” He shrugged. Luckily for him, they still have at least 15 minutes and they would be early in school even if they just walk. Without uttering another word, Alexa pulled her boyfriend down to have a seat and got her make up to cover his bruises. “You have magical hands. First Eunmi, now me.” He chuckled.


“Don’t move or I’ll be the one to punch you in the face.”


“Ah, why are you so harsh?” Zico whined and just then, Alexa was finished with her handicraft. He grinned upon seeing himself like there was nothing on his face in the first place. “I look even better!”


“Oh, stop the crap! Let’s go.” She slung her bag over her shoulders and grabbed him by the collar, forcibly dragging him out of the house.


“Hey, thank you again.” He bumped hips with her when Alexa was obviously not in the mood for talking. “What’s eating you up? You’re so quiet…so unusual.”


“I just talk whenever you annoy me.” She mumbled and cutely scowled at him.


“I know but your silence is so…I don’t know..”


“It’s just that so many things happened these past few days and it’s stressing me out.”


“Hey, don’t be like that. I’m here anyway.” He wrapped his arms around her and even leaned her head over hers, making their walking a little bit uncomfortable. It was supposed to be uncomfortable, but deep inside her, it was comforting, relaxing, refreshing even. All her stress washed away at that instant and her eyes widened at the realization.


“Ah, get off!” she accidentally jabbed his side harder than expected and the boy groaned in pain. “Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it to hurt so much…” she worriedly helped him and soothed the pain by rubbing her hands on his injured side.


“It’s alright. Let’s just go or we’ll be late.” He held her hand, despite the pain on his ribs. Their fingers were intertwined as well but she did not protest anymore. Surprisingly for her, she appreciates the skin ship, and she didn’t even felt so awkward or irritated about everything he did. No one talked, and yet they understood how each other felt.


“Hey, hey, hey…it’s still so early and yet you two are acting so sweet already~” Eunmi cooed as they entered the room, still holding each other’s hands. “You two are cute.” She giggled and the two finally let go of each other’s hands.


“I’ll prepare the things. Where are the others?”


“Oh you know, playing around.”


“I see…Zico, you know what dad said.”


“Ah, I get it.” Zico grudgingly grumbled and slumped down on an empty seat, letting all the others do the work.


For almost the whole day, Zico wasn’t even allowed to move because of his girlfriend. He whined and complained that she was being protective but then he was blackmailed by her that’s she’s the one who will beat her up if he doesn’t behave. And with that, he never won.

Please log in to read the full chapter