Chapter 18

Deals and Promises
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Lee Alexa, hurry up!!!” her father called her full name for the millionth time. “Your date is already here!!!” Zico was already sitting quietly and waiting for her while the father and daughter was creating ruckus all over the house.


Zico had asked her to go on a date with only just the two of them. They frequently go out but they really never had the time to be away from their friends. There would always be a group of men tailing behind them and making fun if ever Zico would try to be romantic and sweet with her.


“Okay, I’m here!” Alexa ran down the stairs and almost tripped due to her contained excitement. Zico was expecting her to be the boyish type of girl he first saw at their school and not a pretty girl in dress. He was too stunned upon seeing her, his jaws drop and eyes widened, and it happens every time even if she was just in school uniform. “Let’s go?”


“Y-y-yes.” He stammered and the father wanted to laugh badly while watching the love struck kids.


“Have fun okay? But not too much, you two get what I mean.” The daughter immediately narrowed her eyes at him and he sheepishly grinned. “Just be safe.”


“We’re going ahead Mr. Lee! And I’ll bring her home in one piece, don’t worry!”


“We’re just going out the whole afternoon!” Alexa groaned, annoyed.


“Okay, be careful~” her father cooed as she gave a kiss on his cheeks before walking out the house.


Alexa didn’t really mind wherever Zico will take her as long as they finally get to spend some time together. Ever since they have been dating for real, nothing much has changed. Zico liked the way she was, not pretentious, and being one of the boys. But then there’s always a time that she becomes so feminine that he’d actually fall for her even more. Just like their date, she was wearing a shirt paired with a skirt, that makes him so protective over her.


“What?” Alexa snapped and ate a mouthful of chocolate cake. They have been filling their stomachs the whole afternoon and talking about random things. For a moment, they forgot they were on Earth along with billions of people around them, and just thought they were the only couple all the time.


“I love you.” He cheekily smiled.


“Don’t disturb me, I’m busy…eating.”


“You’re mean. I was kind of expecting that you’d reply the same thing.” He scoffed.


“Come closer…” she stopped eating and looked serious while commanding him. Zico mindlessly moved closer, still upset at her. “I love you~” she even pecked his cheek and almost all of his blood went to his face. “Can we eat in peace now?”


“W-would you like some ice cream?” he coughed awkwardly and his girlfriend nodded enthusiastically. “Why do I feel like the girl in this relationship?” Zico mumbled and went straight back to the counter.


“Zico-yah!” Alexa found his wallet on his seat and wanted to give it to him but then a small id picture fell from it. A little girl smiling brightly, and it was infectious to her.


“Hey, I forgot my wallet, good thing I got a few extra bucks—”


“Who’s this? Is this Taeyeon?”


“Ah…no. Just forget it, she doesn’t mean anything to me.” Zico then grabbed his wallet back, and just held the picture in his hands.


“Why keep it then? Tell me the truth.”


“According to noona, she’s my ‘first love’. I found it when we first moved at our house. I was just curious and thought that maybe I could find her…but don’t worry about it. I’ll only have you.”


“So, I am your first love…” Alexa giggled and grabbed her childhood picture, imitating the smile she had when she was a kid. “Do I

Please log in to read the full chapter