Chapter 13

Deals and Promises
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Yes, unnie, he’s okay now…the doctor said he can be released tonight.” Alexa was talking on her phone while Zico was peacefully sleeping on his bed. She walked towards him and lightly brushed his fringes that were covering his forehead.


“Thank God.” Taeyeon sighed in relief. “I’ll be going home as soon as possible.”


“Yes, unnie…and uhm, maybe he could stay with us until you get back. You know, to keep him safe…”


“That would be great Alexa. Thank you so much.”


“It’s no problem unnie.”


“I really have to go Alexa. Please give him a get well soon kiss for me?” The younger girl rolled her eyes. Even at that kind of situation, Taeyeon will never run out of tricks but surprisingly, Alexa still agreed just to make her stop.


“Alexa, why don’t you go home and rest? We don’t really want the both of you to be confined here at the hospital…”


“I’m okay dad. He’s going to be out soon anyway, a couple of hours more wouldn’t be so bad.” The man sighed at his daughter’s stubbornness before he looked sternly at her.


“You already skipped school and that I can tolerate, but staying without sleep and proper meals, I may have to call your mother.” He blackmailed her and he secretly grinned when Alexa sighed and nodded.


“Technically, we don’t have classes…I can come back right?”


“Yeah, whatever. I’m pretty sure he’s going to look for you anyway.” The man shooed her away. “By the way, don’t forget to shower.” He added as he kissed her cheek.


“I am not stinky.” The girl pouted and glanced again at Zico for the last time before she left the room.


For their whole stay at the hospital, she simply lost her appetite and even the urge to sleep. To Zico, his cuts and bruises were nothing, but not for her. He may be an arranged boyfriend but in the end he’s still human and no one deserved to be hurt. She knows for sure that Zico is quite mischievous but not to the point he’s going to hurt someone. And whoever done it to him was an animal.


Unconsciously, Alexa’s fists were clenched tightly and she had to find a way to ease the tension. Her feet should take her home but it decided to walk the other way, and she has no plans to stop her body. Dongjun started it, well she’s going to be the one who will finish the fight.


“Hey, Alexa, where are you going?” Eunmi stopped her from walking further. Alexa passed her group of friends without noticing since she was busy preparing her evil plan.


“You and Zico didn’t go to school! Where were you?” Taeil grinned. If he only knew what happened then he wouldn’t really have the guts to grin at all.


“If you wanted to go on a date then you should just do it on weekends.” Kyung teased even more but seeing Alexa’s pissed face, they already knew something was going on.


“W-What’s wrong? What happened?” Jaehyo asked.


“Zico was beaten up badly last night. I don’t know who exactly but I think I know the mastermind.” The guys widened their eyes in disbelief. For all they know, Zico is not the type of person to be beaten up easily especially that he knows how to fight and defend himself.


Alexa scoffed and continued marching towards her destination, Dongjun’s school.


“Where is he now?” the guys nagged.


“He’s fine now and he’s going home later.”


“Then where are you going?!” Eunmi jumped right in front of her, blocking the way with her arms.


“Dongjun.” Alexa simply replied and started running with the boys still trying to stop her.

Please log in to read the full chapter