Chapter 12

Deals and Promises
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Alexa surprisingly coped up with the fear of having to face Dongjun the very next day. She was assured the previous night that Zico will always be there to help and protect her, and she was very thankful to him and the whole Block B. For a moment, Alexa doubted him but the way Zico checks up on her every now and then, she felt safe more than ever especially that there would be strangers entering their booth. She was supposed to hate the boy, to be irritated, but every time he asked her, she could see the sincerity and concern in his eyes.


“I’m okay Zico. No need to worry anymore.” For the millionth time that day, Zico asked again if she already felt better.


“I’m just concerned that you’re going to cry again.” Instead of being touched, Alexa saw the mischievous intention behind his grin.


“I was scared okay?” she huffed.


“And I thought you were a tough girl. Dongjun was the only one who scared you.”


“I may be tough but I am not fearless. It was something else that’s why I ran.” She lowered and avoided his gaze. She may have told him that Dongjun was chasing after her, but never told him the reason why exactly.


“What really happened?” Zico asked sternly. “I swear if he did anything to you, I will really cut his balls off.”


“Let’s just forget it…I really don’t want to talk about it.” The boy crossed his arms but Alexa still refused to talk. “You have to serve now.” She gave him a tray and pushed him towards their customer. Zico then ran towards the table and serve the drinks as fast as possible so that he could go back to his girlfriend.


“I really think we should go to Dongjun and beat him up so bad.” Alexa glared at him and finally made him stop talking.


“I don’t want any trouble anymore. You’re enough trouble to take care of and I don’t want to deal with another idiot from another school.”


“Me? Idiot? Wow, I saved you last night and now you’re calling me an idiot? Seriously? SERIOUSLY?!” the girl chuckled evilly at his outburst. She just let her boyfriend rant for minutes while she laughs at his unexpected cuteness.


“I’m back~” Janus entered the room with a huge smile on his face. The moment Zico laid his eyes on the foreign boy, it became narrower and it was obvious that he really wasn’t so happy to see the visitor. “What’s the problem?” Janus asked the boyfriend.


“Ignore him, he’s just on his period.” She said playfully.


“Or just plain jealous.”


“Aish, stop that.” Alexa hit her friend in annoyance. Zico rolled his eyes and as much as he wanted to be welcoming Janus, his existence was the attention that should be for him and it doesn’t make him comfortable around him.


“We should go home together later. No buts, it’s dangerous. If you didn’t have to walk him back to his hotel, that wouldn’t have happened to you. He could’ve just taken a taxi.” Zico scoffed.


“Do you have a problem with me? Hey, is he saying bad things about me?” Janus butted in and Alexa knew that if ever she really translated Zico’s words, it would just cause trouble.


“Zico just stop it okay? Don’t blame him because he really had nothing to do with it.” She scolded the Korean boy and he actually stopped talking and listening to her.


“If he was a true gentleman, he would never let you walk alone.”


“Zico, just stop. I am not going home with you today, I promised him that I’d hang-out with him and you don’t have to worry since my dad’s going to pick me up.”


“But…”


“Zico. If you want to stop worrying then you can come with us.”


“Never mind.” The boy rolled his eyes before he walked away from the scene.


“Don’t worry about him, so where should we go later?” Janus simply smiled since he really didn’t have any idea on where to go.


Right after their booth closed down, Alexa and Janus went out to roam around Seoul. The scene of them giggling and so happy seeing each other made the boyfriend furious and

Please log in to read the full chapter