Chapter 1

Deals and Promises
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Alexa was checking her bag if there was anything she forgets before boarding her plane. It was her much awaited day for it was finally time to see her father after long years. Everything was okay, except for her mother. She looked up to the older woman who was trying so hard not to cry and forcing a smile as well.


“What’s with the fake smile? You look creepy.” She teased while scooting closer to her.


“I still can’t believe it’s already time to let you go, you’ll be so far away from me.” She finally let her guard down and sniffed. “Time flies so fast…” she sobbed.


“Mom, don’t be like that.” She wasn’t even sure if she was going to laugh over her mom’s protectiveness, nonetheless, she felt so sad about leaving her mother. “Dad’s going to be there for me and I’ll call you every single day. I will always come back during vacations too.”


Her excitement lessened as she sees her mom crying. She knew it was hard, being an only child, she was the only one her mom has. It was already hard enough being divorced and it got was harder to be a single mom. But despite all of the hardship they’ve gone through together, Alexa knows she will be the best mom ever. She did not even try to take her away from her father and instead still kept in touch just for Alexa.


Finally, the time has come that her only daughter must be away from her. It was just the hardest thing to do even if they will just be apart for a year. Her time has come into a halt when it was already her father’s time to have her.


“I know you’ll miss me…but don’t worry, I will miss you more.” She pouted and leaned forward to hug her mother.


“I’m so sorry you grew up without your father.”


“It’s okay mom. I don’t hate any of you.” Alexa assured her and the woman finally smiled once again, wiping her own and her daughter’s tears. The younger smiled but can’t help to still look around.


“You’re looking for Janus?”


“Yeah, but he’s not coming anymore…I know it. It’s over mom.” Alexa smiled bitterly.


“Hey, enough with the drama. Okay? You should go inside now and enjoy your stay there.”


“I will mom.” She excitedly grabbed her bags before running towards the gate. “I love you mom!”


“I love you too. Be a good girl!”


The two women waved at each other until they finally got lost in the midst of the sea of people surrounding them.


It was a bittersweet moment for Alexa. She was already sitting on the plane and yet her mind was still on her mother…and Janus. She was excited and sad at the same time. The fact that Janus, her EX-boyfriend-slash-best friend, did not even say goodbye or even see her for the last time made her upset.


Just by thinking about him made her sadder, but she can’t deny the love she had for him. May it be as a friend or as a boyfriend, Janus played an important part in her life. Almost every step of the way, Janus would be there for her.


He was her first in almost everything. First friend, first boyfriend, first kiss... The two were so close that they can be affectionate and hateful at the same time towards each other. Bickering and teasing here and there, black mailings, pranks, insults, but at the end of the day, they will still be the best buds. They even helped each other with crushes but then will always fail, and end

Please log in to read the full chapter