Chapter 7

Deals and Promises
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Dad, what’s this?” Alexa held up a dress as she came down to meet her father for breakfast.


“Good morning to you to my dear daughter.”


“Dad~ What is this for? I’m not saying that I don’t like it but this is definitely not mine.”


“It is yours. You have a date later.”


“WHAT?” her voice boomed all over the house at her father’s outburst. She knows her dad was cool but being blunt about dating is another thing.


“Date. Like you meet with a guy, get to know each other…fall in love…get married…have kids—”


“Whoa, whoa, wait whoa.” Alexa stopped the man from talking further. “You set me up on a date? Are you serious?!”


“Do I look like I am?”


“No…but why?!”


“Don’t put all the blame on me, it’s also your mother’s plan. She wanted you to forget about the guy—never mind. I’m a cool dad, are’t I?”


“No.” she huffed. “And I already forgot him, just so you know.”


“Oh, really?” the man raised an eyebrow and his daughter plopped down to the seat next to him.


“Okay, fine. Not really…but this isn’t going to help me.”


“It’s just a friendly date Alexa, and I asked this guy to take you out. Just enjoy some time outside, meet new people.” Her father comforted her and assured her that there was nothing wrong.


“Who’s this guy? Are you sure he’s not a murderer?”


“He’s a nice person Alexa, very fun to be with.”


“Fine, can I just not wear the pink dress?”


“No.”


“Dad…”


“No.”


“Ugh, fine.”

 

 


 

“Same place where you met Sunyoung.” The father told her although she really didn’t want to go at the so called date. Maybe her father was right that she should go out more often but going on a date is not in her plans yet.


Alexa nodded as she bid goodbye to her father. She waited nervously at the restaurant and hoped that the guy won’t be able to come anymore. Just
after a few seconds, her phone buzzed, indicating that she had received a text…and it was from an unknown number.


Hi! This is your date. I am already at the restaurant. :)


She replied timidly and told him that she was also there as well.


“Hey~ Look who I found.” Zico appeared in front of her and for the first time, he didn’t really look like trouble maker kid. He looked….dashing but as if Alexa’s really going to admit it.


“What are you doing here?” Alexa crossed her arms and glared at him.


“I’m here for a date.”


“Then go to your table…not mine.”


“I was about to compliment you for you look good today but then I’ll just prefer not to for you are being so grumpy.” He told her while looking straight into her eyes. Alexa awkwardly coughed and coked her head to the side to hide her reddened cheeks. Still, Zico noticed it and smirked arrogantly. “Are you also here for a date? You look…prepared.”


“So what is it to you?”


“I was just asking!” he put his hands up in defeat.


“Too bad, I was looking forward that it was you.” Zico shook his head, trying every line he knows to make a woman’s heart flutter. “Might as well call my real date.” He shrugged and got his phone to call his date while looking around him.


A few moments later, Alexa’s phone rang loudly and she was already hesitant to answer it. It the same number of her date. Zico was her date.


“This can’t be.” Alexa mumbled and turned off the phone.


“Aww, why did you hang up? I was curious of how you would sound like over the phone.” Zico frowned at her.


“You knew about this?”


“Well, I didn’t know it was you until I called your phone.” Zico said truthfully. “Might as well save your number~” he chuckled at her pissed face.


“Go enjoy the date alone. I’m going home.” Alexa stood up only to be pulled back by Zico, holding her firmly by the wrist.


“You can’t ditch your date. Your father said so.” He shrugged.


“He can get all my gadgets for all I care, I just don’t want to spend time with you.”


“You know your words are already getting hurtful.” Zico said calmly and Alexa finally felt guilty. Maybe Zico likes to prank and annoy people but he was being offended of Alexa’s words lately. They were so personal already that every word she says was like venom, although, he quite knew why the girl despise him.


“Sorry…” she mumbled. “But I am not really in the mood for this…date…prank…whatever.”


“Let’s just eat and go home. I just don’t want to waste my effort on going here.” Zico got the menu and gave another one to her. Zico just covered his face to avoid looking at her, but it just got more awkward that they can’t even converse properly.


The silence was cut by a ringing phone and Alexa still chose to answer it, despite knowing it was Zico’s number.


“You know I am just right in front of you…” she narrowed her eyes, still not removing the phone from her ear.


“What do you want to order?”


“Anything will do.” Alexa rolled her eyes then removed the men

Please log in to read the full chapter