Chapter 4

Deals and Promises
Please log in to read the full chapter


“It’s done~!” Alexa squealed and finished her creation.


“I did not change that much, but I like it.”


“Of course you won’t change. You’re already beautiful enough.” Alexa put a headband on her friend’s head as a finishing touch. Eunmi’s hair was down, still had her glasses on, and just had very minimal make-up, just to add color onto her face. “Don’t be like them who looked like tempura.”


“Tempura?”


“Well, they aren’t so pretty but they cover their faces with layers of make-up.”


“But why tempura? They’re shrimps? What does it have to do with shrimp?” Eunmi tilted his head in confusion.


“Shrimps, because they do have a beautiful body, but not so appealing face. Oh, and there’s another one, a lollipop! Pretty face with not so good body.”


“I still don’t get it.” Eunmi scratched her head.


“Never mind.”


“Wait, Alexa. I’m scared. What if we really lose? Your effort will just go to waste and you’re going to be their friend.”


“Don’t be scared for I won’t let that happen. I’ll still be your friend no matter what.”


“I just met you yesterday and you already treat me nicely…unlike them.” She scoffed and crossed her arms.


“That already proves I am really not like them.” Eunmi felt so touched and tears started forming at the corner of her eyes. “Hey, don’t cry…Your eyeliner will get smudged.”


“Girls, you should eat before you leave~” Eunmi’s mom called for them and they were both excited to face the new day ahead.


On the way to school, Eunmi was looking down and blushing. Alexa knew she was just shy to be seen by their other schoolmates but she should actually be proud. Some turned erts around her, but seeing Alexa’s piercing glare, they would only stop cooing and admire her friend quietly.


“Yah! Sunyoung! Are you ready to apologize?” Alexa smirked as soon as she entered their room, seeing Sunyoung.


“Me? Apologize? That's not going to happen. How about you, ready to be embarrassed?” she crossing her arms in front of her chest.


“Not at all, actually.” She then pulled Eunmi with her inside the room, seeing the girl so prim and proper.  Most of the students were in awe and some even thought she was a new student, despite the minimal changes on Eunmi. Sunyoung’s friends started huddling very close to her and whispering about defeat. “Classmates, did our Eunmi got prettier?”


“YES!” the boys howled and even some girls agreed.


“So, what do you want to say? Remember the deal?


“No! I am not going to apologize.” She tried to walk away but Alexa pulled her hand, gripping her tightly, although, she still loosened her grip when she felt that Sunyoung got hurt.


“Are you gonna apologize to her or do you want me to break your arm?” Alexa threatened the other girl while gritting her teeth.


“Alexa, you don’t have to be that harsh. You know you are too tough for a small person.” Jaehyo suddenly butted in.


“Let her go and we’ll just stay here. We’ll make sure that she won’t go” B-bomb also joined the conversation and she finally let go of Sunyoung’s hand.


“We also want to hear her apologize. We are witnesses on your deal and we don’t break promises in here.” P.O. added. Alexa quite felt relieved to have people by her side and she knew she also made a mistake from judging the guys.


“Sunyoung, just apologize.” Taeil concluded.


“Fine! Sorry.” Sunyoung rolled her eyes while talking.


“Oooh…So fake. Shake hands with her. ” Alexa demanded.


“What? NO!” she refused.


“It was not just an apology remember. You should also be friends with her.” Sunyoung then half-heartedly shook hands with Eunmi. Eunmi just smiled, Sunyoung rolled her eyes and got back to her seat, and so did Alexa. She never thought that the Block B guys would do that kind of thing, they were gentlemen after all.


“Zico, isn’t she cool?” U-kwon whispered to Zico. Weird. It was supposed to be a whisper but Alexa could still hear them.


Please log in to read the full chapter