Chapter 3

Deals and Promises
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Alexa already forgot the existence of her encounter with the students in her school and instead buried herself in happiness. The succeeding days were all bliss as she finally felt her father’s presence the entire week. It was a short time and yet her life has been already completed.


“Alexa, hurry up. You don’t want to be late for school~” her father cooed and she immediately wore her uniform before checking herself on the mirror.


“This is really cute.” She giggled and felt like an anime came to life with her uniform. She has never been excited going to school her entire life. “How I wish Janus would be here to see this…” she sighed but then smiled before going out her room, ready to face the new chapter of her life.


“Good luck~”


“Thanks dad.” Alexa blew a kiss and excitedly went inside the school. The only thing she did wrong was to not find her room in advance. It even took her 10 minutes just to find the right room, and it was a huge relief that she was able to find it before school starts.


Loud noise can already be heard from the outside and she thought that her class would be somewhat fun. As soon as she stepped inside, a hard object hit her head and she started coughing her lungs out.


“You are so dead!” one boy screamed and laughed. Ignoring the remarks she got, she quietly picked up the eraser and put it back where it actually belonged before dusting off her uniform. Alexa looked around to see who the culprit was and saw the same seven guys she encountered.


‘Out of all the students here, why them?’ she asked herself and sighed.


The seven boys kept snickering and pointing towards each other and she knew that one of them threw the eraser. Accident or not, she was furious and they should’ve been more careful.


“Class, settle down.” the professor finally arrived and the students quickly scrammed back onto their seats. With only one seat available, Alexa had no choice but to sit beside the blonde…Zico and another girl. Alexa she was a ‘nobody’ in the whole class since no one really talked to her.


“Oooh~” she heard the boys cooed as she sat beside Zico. She ignored the remarks and just smiled to the girl beside her.


“I am Mr. Park and I will be your professor here in English.  I know most of you know me already, but to start this class, why don’t we have a simple exercise? Since we also have a new student, introduce yourself here in front. In English. Why don’t we start with you Ms. Alexa Lee?”  the professor spoke with much power and control over the students as he read the attendance sheet in his hands.


No matter how much she actually hates introduction in front of the class, Alexa had to stand up and leave a good impression. With a smile on her face, she started introducing herself as confidently as she can despite all the stares she got from her classmates.


“Hello everyone! I am Alexa Lee and I am a new student here.  And I hope we all could get along together. Thank you!” she bowed at them.


“Well done Ms Lee. But can I ask you a question? Are you and Ms Lee Sunyoung here are relatives.  You resemble each other.”  She tried to find this Sunyoung Lee inside the class but even before she had an idea who she was, she already spoke.


“No way sir! She can’t be my relative.” Sunyoung scoffed. Alexa was somewhat offended by her words, and felt like as if she was so hideous that no one can accept her as a relative.


“I don’t think so sir.” Alexa still composed herself and answered as politely as she can.


“Thank you Ms Lee.  You may take your seat. Ms Choi, you’re next.”


The girl beside her stood while Alexa got back to her own seat. She was just the same height as Alexa and a little bit geeky. Her hair was in a bun and she wore big glasses. Alexa can already tell that she was a little shy for she kept on fidgeting the hem of her shirt and let her head down, refusing to look at anyone else.


“Good morning…uhm…My name is Choi Eunmi...and...uhm…I am part of t-the M-Math Club.” She introduced herself with her head low.


“NERD!” a girl shouted from the back and everyone laughed at her. Alexa furrowed her eyebrows and huffed in disbelief on how Eunmi was treated. She was just a part if the Math Club and there was nothing wron

Please log in to read the full chapter