Chapter 11

Just a Nobody

 

“Minah!” you called after Minah.

Minah rolled her eyes and continued walking. You ran up to her side. “Are you not feeling well?”

Minah stopped walking, “Yes! I’m sick and tired of you!” she scowled. “You didn’t show up at Dongwoo’s birthday party yesterday. You know how sad he was?”

“I’m so sorry Minah, I totally forgot. You see Jay invited me to a party…”

Minah cut you off, “You know what just shut up! I don’t care about Jay and I don’t even want to hear about him. Ever since you started going out with him all you’ve been talking about is him. It’s so annoying!” Minah gave you a cold look, “Aish, I don’t even know why I’m still talking to you; you’re "too cool" to be my friend.” Minah turned around and walked away. 

She quickly turned back around, “I want my jeans and boots back. Give them to Dongwoo to give to me because I don’t want to see you anymore.”

You wiped your tears and didn’t feel like going to school anymore, but you took a deep breath and continued walking to school.

You walked into class and saw Minah sitting at the back of the class. Minah saw you and crossed her arms. You sigh and walked to your usual seat. You put your head down on your desk and tears rolled down your cheeks.

You heard someone sit beside you. You looked up to see Dongwoo. You quickly wiped your tears and sigh. 

Dongwoo looked at your face and frowned, "What's wrong? Did Jay break your heart again? Do you want me to beat him up again." Dongwoo quickly stood up. You grabbed his arm and shook your head, "It's not him."

Dongwoo sat down and looked at you, "then what happened?"

"I'm sorry I didn't come to your birthday party yesterday. I forgot and went to another party with Jay." You sigh, "I'm really sorry."
Dongwoo smiled, "No, It's alright. I forgive you." Dongwoo wiped your tears with his hand. "Come on cheer up. Smile!" Dongwoo smiled his dorky smile and you laughed, "Thanks, but Minah's also mad at me." You looked at Minah and Minah quickly looked away. 

Dongwoo smiled again, "I'll talk to her." Dongwoo pat your head. He got up and went to sit beside Minah. 

You couldn't hear what they were say, but you can tell Minah will never talk to you again. Just then you saw Jay come into your class. He smiled when he saw you. He slides into the seat beside you and you smiled. He took one look at your face and knew your were crying, "What's wrong?" He asked patting your cheek.

You shook your head, "Nothing, just allergies." you knew Jay wouldn't understand.

"Alright then." Jay said looking in your eyes for answers.

Minah crossed her arms, "No Dongwoo. I don't want to forgive her. You love her so much and do so much for her. She can't even show up to your birthday party?" Minah twisted her lips, "She's so selfish."

Dongwoo sigh, "Minah-ahh. She doesn't even know that I have feelings for her." Dongwoo smiled, "Come on."

Minah glanced at Dongwoo, "That's not going to work this time."

Dongwoo frown, "Then what does she have to do for you to have you forgive her?" 

"I want her to apologize to me and you." 

"She already apologized to me, and I forgave her already."

Minah rolled her eyes, "Well she needs to apologize to me." 

Dongwoo sigh and looked up at you and Jay, "I'll talk to ______ later okay?" Dongwoo smiled weakly. Minah rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, "Whatever."