Life Without My Best Friend (Hyosung's Version) Part Five

SHOCKED!!!!

[ Final Day ]

Hyosung's last day has come and she decided to dress up a little for her last day, she even did her hair, well, Misun did, Misun gave her a half updo and braided the upper half and just straightened the ends of her hair. Misun still had a few more weeks before her nephew or niece was born, but it was okay. That day she wore a white collar dress shirt and a floral skirt along with white wedges. Hyosung got dropped off by her father.

Hyosung: Thanks, Dad.

Mr. Jeon: It's okay dear. You're too pretty, I'm scared someone will snatch you up.

Hyosung: Ah~ Dad, no one wants your ugliest daughter.

Mr. Jeon: (flicks Hyosung's forehead) Aigoo~ You shouldn't say that about yourself since you look just like your father.

Hyosung: AH~~!!!!!! Dad! Okay... (rubbing forehead) I'm going now. Bye. 

Hyosung pecks her father's cheek and left the car and went in the vet, it was her last day so she had to make the best of it. Hyosung helps everyone with filing as much as she can, she was so busy helping everyone that day, time was almost up. Hyosung goes to the front desk to ask if they needed help.

Hyosung: Did you guys need help, Mrs. Ahn?

Mrs. Ahn: Ooh! Hyosung-ssi! Dr. Kang requested for you to go to his office before you leave today. Is that fine?

Hyosung: Should I go now?

Mrs. Ahn: Yes.

Hyosung goes into Dr. Kang's office before taking her leave. When she went inside the office, the chair was faced back from her.

Hyosung: Dr. Kang, is there anything you want me to do?

The chair then turned, it was Jaejoon.

Hyosung: Jaejoon?

Jaejoon: (nods) Yes.

Hyosung: If it's just you, I'm leaving.

Jaejoon: Why? You avoided me all week.

Hyosung: So. Well, then I'll take my leave now. Bye. (lowers her head)

Hyosung opens the door and flowers were up in her face. They were coral roses. Hyosung's face grew a really big and gummy smile as she accepted the flowers. Hyosung turns to Jaejoon without a smile and handed his the roses.

Hyosung: Here, your delievery! Good day.

Hyosung leaves the room and bid farewell to everyone at the vet. Jaejoon gets out of the office as he grabs the big bouquet and heads out the room. As Jaejoon came out, Hyosung was walking with her hands behind her back. Jaejoon then kneels on the ground and yells.

Jaejoon: Hyosung, I like you! Please accept these flowers as my heart!

The sudden confession surprised Hyosung, so Hyosung stops walking. The confession made Hyosung's eyes bigger and her heart skipped a beat.. Hyosung smiles and turns around without a smile and nods. The people who were still there were surprised with the sudden confession also. Hyosung bid everyone goodbye and left. Jaejoon embarrased of his sudden confession and left the pet center rubbing the back of his neck with his left hand and the bouquet in his right hand. Jaejoon goes outside, Hyosung was sitting at the end of the stairs. As Jaejoon came out, Hyosung turns around and saw Jaejoon.

Hyosung: You lost.

Jaejoon: Lost what?

Hyosung: When you said I was gonna fall for you before you fall for me. Well, I just got a text from Dr. Kang to meet him in an hour for dinner, so see you.

Jaejoon: (goes down the stairs and grabs Hyosung's wrist) I'm coming too then.

Hyosung: Why? He didn't invite you.

Jaejoon: Uh, yes he did. He called me before you went out.

Hyosung: Liar.

Jaejoon: Why are you always calling me that?

Hyosung: Because you are.

Jaejoon: How?

Hyosung: Because he didn't contact me.

Jaejoon: Oh.

Hyosung: Well, I'm really going to go home, so bye.

Hyosung breaks from Jaejoon's grip on her wrist and walks away. Jaejoon walks in front of Hyosung and hands her the bouquet.

Jaejoon: Please accept me!

Hyosung: (smiles as she accepts the flowers) I'll accept these.

Jaejoon: Does that mean you're my girlfriend now?

Hyosung: (shook her head) I never even said I like you yet.

Jaejoon: Well, do you?

Hyosung: (smiles) I'll date you if you do something for me.

Jaejoon: What?

Hyosung gives him a big smile. That night Jaejoon stood at Hyosung's house dressed up, he was sitting up so tense. Hyosung hands him a cup of coffee and sat next to him.

Hyosung: Relax, it's not like you're enlisting in the army. Just relax, my dad is pretty cool.

Jaejoon: (gives Hyosung an awkward smile) I see. Okay, I'll calm down.

Jaejoon was so nervous, his hands were starting to sweat, he hasn't even been waiting long either, it's only been 15 minutes. Just then Ms. Jeon and Mr. Jeon comes through the door.

Both: We're home, Hyosung and Misun!

As they both walked in, Jaejoon gets up and did a 90 degree bow to them and greeted them.

Jaejoon: Hello, Mr. and Ms. Jeon.

Jaejoon stands regular again and forces a smile out, but it just keeps getting awkward because of his nervousness. Mr. Jeon stares at Jaejoon and at Hyosung. Hyosung mouthed that that was the guy who she told them about. While Ms. Jeon smiles widely and greeted him.

Ms. Jeon: Oh, hello, what have we here?

Hyosung: (stays next to Jaejoon) This is Jaejoon! Kang Jaejoon.

Ms. Jeon: (smiles big) Ooh, hello. I'm Ms. Jeon, Hyosung's mother.

Jaejoon: Wow~! You're still so young! You can pass as her sister.

Hyosung glares at Jaejoon while Ms. Jeon giggles.

Mr. Jeon: Son, what are you doing here?

Jaejoon: Uh... Sir... Let's sit and talk.

Mr. Jeon: Okay.

Mr. Jeon and Ms. Jeon sat facing Hyosung and Jaejoon. Jaejoon sips his coffee each time he wanted to talk, Hyosung elbows him and gave him the eye.

Jaejoon: Okay... (looks at Mr. and Ms. Jeon) Ms. and Mr. Jeon, I've come here today to....

Ms. Jeon: (nods) Yes.

Jaejoon: (gives an awkward smile) Allow me to....

Mr. Jeon: Date my daughter?

Jaejoon: (eyes grew bigger) Uhhh....

Mr. Jeon: If not, what is it? Marriage?

Hyosung: Dad! (glares at her father)

Mr. Jeon: (laughs) Kidding, Hyosung.

Jaejoon: Please, let me....

Mr. Jeon: Marry my daughter? (serious tone)

Jaejoon: (shook head) Not that yet, please let me and Hyosung date and be a couple! (lowers his head)

Hyosung and her parents laughs quietly as they see Jaejoon's head face down. Mr. Jeon signals Hyosung that he was a good boy and gave her thumbs up.

Mr. Jeon: (clears throat) Are you going to make her cry?

Jaejoon: No, sir.

Mr. Jeon: Are you going to make her happy?

Jaejoon: Yes, sir!

Mr. Jeon: Are you going to visit often?

Jaejoon: Sir, yes, sir!

Mr. Jeon: Lift your head up, son.

Jaejoon lifts his head up to face Mr. Jeon, Mr. Jeon gives him a small smile.

Mr. Jeon: Can you promise me you'll be with her until the day you guys decide to break up? Can you keep my daughter happy?

Jaejoon: (nods) Yes, I promise. I promise to keep her as happy as I can, I will do my best.

Mr. Jeon: Okay. Then you guys can date.

Jaejoon: (eyes grew even bigger) Really?

Mr. Jeon nods and left the room with Ms. Jeon. Jaejoon looks at Hyosung and gave her a smile. Hyosung was flustered by his smile, for once that night it was real and not awkward, her face scrunched up.

Jaejoon: Well, I asked your parents, can we date now?

Hyosung: No. (smiles)

Jaejoon: Why?

Hyosung: I don't want to date you.

Jaejoon: Do you like Jimin-ssi!!? Do you like that funny looking guy!!?

Hyosung: (punches Jaejoon) Hey, just because he wears glasses doesn't mean he's funny looking!

Jaejoon: Do you like him or what? Tell me! Did I waste my time asking your parents!!?

Hyosung goes closer to his face and whispers.

Jaejoon: What is it?

Hyosung: (holds his neck and whispers) I like this idiot who is always getting jealous and mad at me for no reason.

Hyosung pulls away. Jaejoon blushed and looks away from Hyosung as he smiles.


[ News Date ]

Hyosung and Jaejoon began dating through her sophomore and when junior year came, well... Hyosung's almost starting her junior year, within three weeks left of summer, Hyosung's still in bed, still sleeping, until she receives a phonecall.

Hyosung: Hello?

Jaejoon: Honey, you're still asleep?

Hyosung: Yes, I am. Not anymore. Thank you very much.

Jaejoon: (chuckles) Sorry. I just wanted to inform you that we have a date today at 1pm at the icecream shop near your house.

Hyosung: I can't. I have to babysit the baby today.

Jaejoon: Oh, come on. I'll come ask Misun to let you off today. We can just take him too.

Hyosung: Okay. I'll be there with HaJae at 12:45, see you then.

Jaejoon: Why are you leaving so soon?

Hyosung: Dude, it's so early in the morning. I need sleep before HaJae wakes up again.

Jaejoon: Honey, it's already 10:30am.

Hyosung: So. Bye.

Hyosung hangs up as she went back to sleep. Hyosung finally wakes up at 11:15am and gets ready. Hyosung chose to wear comfortable clothing as she thinks that the date is only going to be at the icecream shop. She dresses HaJae in warm clothing, but cool clothing also. Hyosung packs milk and baby things for HaJae and it was already 12:30pm. Hyosung gets HaJae's stroller and left for the icecream shop.

Hyosung: That guy said to meet him here by 12:45, it's already almost 1. (grunts)

Just then Jaejoon runs towards her. Hyosung pushes him.

Hyosung: Why are you so late? We've been waiting.

Jaejoon: I'm sorry.

Hyosung: Forget it. Let's go inside. Always so late.

Hyosung pushes HaJae inside, Jaejoon follows behind. Hyosung finds a seat for them and sat down at the second seat nearest the door.

Jaejoon: Why here?

Hyosung: So if you bother me enough, I can run away.

Jaejoon: Why are you still mad at me?

Hyosung: (glares) Who says I'm mad?

Jaejoon: You are. You keep saying things meanly.

Hyosung: (glares again) When?

Jaejoon: Uh, now.

Hyosung: Hurry up and get me and HaJae some icecream. We didn't even eat yet, right, HaJae?

HaJae looks up and smiles as he plays with his toys in the stroller.

Jaejoon: You are still mad.

Hyosung: No I'm not.

Jaejoon: Just admit it. You're still mad that I still kept contact with Eunyoung.

Hyosung: No. I'm not mad because of that.

Jaejoon: Then why?

Hyosung: (shakes head) It's nothing. I'm not mad anymore, so go buy me some icecream.

Jaejoon: Are you sure?

Hyosung: I'm not mad anymore. Now, go before I go home!

Jaejoon gets up and went to buy icecream. Hyosung continues playing with HaJae and his toys, but with thoughts in her mind, everywhere.

Hyosung's Thoughts

This dude doesn't know I'm mad because he didn't tell me. I don't care who he keeps contact with, I just wished he would've told me.

Hyosung sighs as she pets HaJae's head and smiles.

Jaejoon: See, you are still mad. (places icecream down)

Hyosung: What if I am? You're supposed to keep me happy.

Jaejoon: I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I really am, but Eunyoung didn't want me to tell you.

Hyosung: It's okay. Let's eat.

Hyosung eats her icecream quietly.

Jaejoon: Oh no, you're giving me the silent treatment.

Hyosung shakes head as she continues eating.

Jaejoon: Do I have to tell people how pretty you are?

Hyosung shakes head.

Jaejoon: What do you want me to do?

Hyosung: Nothing. Let's just eat. I'm fine.

Jaejoon: Look at me and say that.

Hyosung looks up and starts laughing, Jaejoon, puzzled.

Jaejoon: What's funny?

Hyosung: Your face!

Jaejoon: What about it?

Hyosung: Still a kid. (laughs)

Hyosung gets the napkin and wipes his face.

Jaejoon: Oh, thank you.

Hyosung: (laughs) Such a child. Why am I dating a child?

Jaejoon: EH!!! I am no child. You, yourself have something on your face.

Hyosung: Where?

Hyosung begins rubbing her face, but Jaejoon grabs her hand to stop and kisses her forehead.

Jaejoon: It's there now.

Hyosung: (smiles) You and your forehead kisses.

Jaejoon: It's only because you wouldn't let me kiss you for real. I mean, we've been dating for a while, and yet you don't like my kisses. Am I bad?

Hyosung: (looks around) I never said anything.

Jaejoon: (gasps) How dare you!!?

Hyosung: (laughs) I'm kidding, it's just I'm not into kisses.

Jaejoon: Sure.

Hyosung: I'm serious.

After that, Jaejoon and Hyosung goes to the park, the same park Kikwang and Hyosung used to go to.

Hyosung: I really miss my best friend whenever we come here, you know that?

Jaejoon: I'm sure he's just busy.

Hyosung: I know, but I wish I can see him again. Maybe I should go visit him, huh?

Jaejoon: I would be happy to meet him.

Hyosung: Someday.

Jaejoon: I'll be glad if he was here with us right now.

Hyosung: (nods and smiles) Me too. I haven't heard from him for so long, I just hope he's fine.

Jaejoon: He is. Trust me.

Hyosung and Jaejoon doesn't sit far apart, so was the stroller, they were both enjoying how the sun was setting. Jaejoon grabs Hyosung's hands and kisses them.

Hyosung: What are you doing?

Jaejoon: Honey, you know I'm going to college soon, right?

Hyosung nods.

Jaejoon: Actually today's date was supposed to be important because of the news I'm supposed to tell you.

Hyosung: News?

Jaejoon: (nods) Yes. News. But you keep wanting me not to tell you.

Hyosung: What is it?

Jaejoon: (sighs) Honey, you know how much I want to be a good veterinarian, right?

Hyosung nods.

Jaejoon: I'm going to go to the states for college.

Hyosung: (slowly lets go of his hands) Why?

Jaejoon: It's because they have the best schools for it and I am going with Jungsoo.

Hyosung: (swallows saliva) For how long?

Jaejoon: I don't know, it all honestly depends if I graduate early.

Hyosung: How long have you planned this without me knowing?

Jaejoon: Honestly... Eunyoung has been helping me with hookups in the States to get good scholarships.

Hyosung: Eunyoung helps you? Why didn't you tell me earlier to help you?

Jaejoon: Because she knows English and she visited there a few times before.

Hyosung: (scoffs) Just because I'm not that skilled at anything doesn't mean I any less.

Jaejoon: Honey, I didn't mean---

Hyosung: You make me feel so useless as a girlfriend sometimes. (scoffs) I'm going home.

Jaejoon: But honey---

Hyosung: Tell Eunyoung to help you get a new girlfriend also. Maybe you guys are already dating. Goodbye Jaejoon.

Hyosung gets up and strolls HaJae really fast away from Jaejoon. Jaejoon sits there, looking at them go. Hyosung doesn't hear any footsteps or running.

Hyosung's Thoughts

Why don't he ever run after me? Why don't he ever chase me?

Hyosung begins crying slowly, until she reaches home. When she got near home, she noticed someone sitting in the front gate. Hyosung approaches slowly.

Hyosung: Are you looking for someone, sir?

The guy looks up, it was Kikwang! Hyosung's eyes lit up, Kikwang's hair was so long and he's gotten a lot lighter.

Hyosung: Kikwang!!?

Kikwang gets up and walks towards Hyosung and HaJae.

Kikwang: You have a baby?

Hyosung: (shakes head) No.

Kikwang: Who's is it?

Hyosung: Misun's.

Kikwang: Oh.

Hyosung looks at him and began crying some more. Kikwang's eyes grew larger.

Kikwang: What's wrong?

Hyosung: I missed you so much! Why haven't you even called or text or write a letter to me!!? Do you know how many days and years I've waited for your existense. I didn't even know if you still existed or not.

Kikwang goes over to her and hugs her as he pets her hair.

Kikwang: I'm sorry. I couldn't contact you. I'm so sorry.

Hyosung: Why have you shown up just now? I thought I was going to be forever alone without you!

Kikwang: I'm sorry. I'm really sorry, Hyosung.

Kikwang pulls away from the hug, Hyosung still crying, Kikwang smiles as he wipes her tears.

Kikwang: Stop crying. I'm not dead, yet.

Hyosung: Don't say dead. (hits him)

Hyosung invites Kikwang in and put HaJae to sleep. Hyosung changes into her jammies.

Kikwang: Where's Mr. Jeon and Ms. Jeon?

Hyosung: Out. My mom found a job last year at the company and my dad still works at the same place.

Kikwang: Where's Misun?

Hyosung: I'm not sure. She should be back now from the vet.

Kikwang: Oh. (looks around the room) This house is still the same. I miss the air here. I miss the people here. I really miss Gwangju.

Hyosung: (smiles) We miss you too. (pats his back)

Kikwang stares at her neck, noticing that she had a new necklace he has never seen before, especially because she doesn't wear them.

Kikwang: What is that?

Hyosung: What?

Kikwang: You wear necklaces now?

Hyosung: (looks down) Ah~ This? No, it's the only one I've been wearing.

Kikwang: It looks like a pedant, who's pictures are in it?

Hyosung: No one's.

Kikwang: Liar.

Hyosung: It's no one important, at least.

Kikwang: Let me see!

Hyosung: No.

Kikwang: Show me or I'm going to see it for myself.

Hyosung: Fine.

Hyosung shows the pedant pictures, on one side it was Hyosung posing with her hands on her cheeks closing her eyes, on the other was Jaejoon, the guy Kikwang has never seen or heard of before.

Kikwang: Oh, you have a boyfriend now?

Hyosung: (slowly nods) Something like that.

Kikwang: (looks at Hyosung) Wow. No wonder you look nice today. You must have came back from the date!

Hyosung: (nods) I did.

Kikwang: Your boyfriend doesn't send you home?

Hyosung: (shakes head) I think, we broke it off today.

Kikwang: Eoh!!? Why?

Hyosung: I was upset and I got really angry at him for contacting a girl secretly without me knowing about school and I just got really mad and said we were over.

Kikwang: What about school? He's transferring?

Hyosung: No. He's going to college in the States.

Kikwang: (eyes widened) College!!?

Hyosung: (nods) Yeah, so I guess today was our goodbye.

Kikwang: You're leaving him because he's chasing his dream?

Hyosung: I'm leaving him because I feel like a useless girlfriend.

Kikwang: You're not useless Hyosung. As a best friend and a friend you aren't.

Hyosung: But...

Kikwang: I think you should understand that he was seeking help for college and he just needed some time to tell you. And I'll tell you, telling a girl important words and events are hard for them. Even if it's just telling them how much you like or miss them.

Hyosung: Really?

Kikwang: (nods) Yes. I bet he gathered all his strength to tell a stubborn girl like you all of that. He must be upset that you aren't understanding.

Hyosung: Do you really think so?

Kikwang: Yes, I do think you overreacted a bit.

Hyosung: (sighs) So do I supposed to ask for him back now?

Kikwang: Sure. I'm sure he's going to leave soon, so you should catch him before he leaves.

Hyosung: I don't know when though.

Kikwang: Contact the girl who's been meeting with. Do you know her?

Hyosung: (nods) I do.

Kikwang: Contact her and ask her about it.

Hyosung: I should. (looks at Kikwang) Thank you, Kikwang.

Kikwang: (smiles) I do what I can.

Hyosung: Never change, really, please don't ever change for anyone.

Kikwang: I won't if you won't.

Hyosung: (laughs) You always make me feel better, you know that?

Kikwang: Good thing.

Hyosung: (laughs) Anyway, do you have a girlfriend?

Kikwang: (shakes head) No.

Hyosung: Why? Are they all too pretty for you?

Kikwang: No, they're all too... Skinny!

Hyosung: What's wrong with skinny girls?

Kikwang: I like meat, Hyosung, MEAT!!!

Hyosung: Well, you need to get one, you look a little lonely!

Kikwang: (chuckles softly) Do I?

Hyosung: (nods) You must be lonlier than me.

Kikwang: I am.

Hyosung: What?

Kikwang: Hyosung-ah... (looks at her)

Hyosung: (looks at him) What?

Kikwang: Do I look well to you?

Hyosung nods.

Kikwang: Honestly, Hyosung, I'm not supposed to be here.

Hyosung: What do you mean?

Kikwang: I'm supposed to still be at home, right now. In my room, trying to relax.

Hyosung: What happened at home? Did something happened?

Kikwang: (nods) I'm not doing well. Ever since I've moved to Ulsan, things haven't looked well at all.

Hyosung: Why?

Kikwang: The people over there, the school over there, everything over there,... It all looks so sad and makes me sad. All the time.

Hyosung: What is it?

Kikwang: Hyosung, I don't like living in Ulsan. I never have, never will. I'm treated so badly over there.

Hyosung: What happened?

Kikwang: I get into fights everyday because I'm protecting my mom, I always get into fights because I defend my mom. People hates me over there. Why?

Hyosung: Kikwang...

Kikwang wipes the little tears that were forming in his eyes.

Kikwang: Maybe I shouldn't have come here. I'm just another bother here also.

Hyosung: (shakes head) No, you're not. You're never a bother.

Kikwang: Then why do I get treated like I'm such a big pain in the ?

Hyosung hugs Kikwang and his hair down.

Hyosung: Kikwang, it's okay. You still have me and my family here.

Kikwang: I wish I still lived here. I honestly wish I can stay here.

Hyosung: You can't though.

Kikwang pulls away from the hug.

Kikwang: I know, I can't. If I move from there away from my parents... I know I'll miss them much more than they'll miss me.

Hyosung: (shakes head) No. Because your parents won't have a son who always defends them. A brave son who is always so protective of his people. You can't move because no one will protect them.

Kikwang: (nods) You're right. (sighs) Man, do I miss you and your wiseness sometimes.

Hyosung: (laughs) At least I know you miss me too. I miss you and your dumb great reasonings.

Kikwang: Well, I'd better leave... I should leave before your parents catch me. I don't want them to see me.

Hyosung: Why?

Kikwang: I didn't inform anyone about me being here. I don't want your parents worried about me.

Hyosung: Okay. I won't tell them either.

Kikwang: Good thing I have a best friend I can rely on. (smiles)

Hyosung: Same. (smiles)

Kikwang gets up and heads for the door, Hyosung walks over to him as he was putting on his shoes. Hyosung gives him a backhug.

Kikwang: What is this?

Hyosung: I just really miss you.

Kikwang: (chuckles) You dummy, everyone misses me.

Hyosung: I know, but I really miss you.

Kikwang: At least you have a boyfriend to keep you happy, that's all it matters.

Hyosung: (smiles) I hope for you two to meet someday.

Kikwang: We will.

Hyosung: That'll probably the best day ever.

Hyosung lets go as Kikwang finish putting on his shoes. Hyosung stares up at Kikwang.

Hyosung: Your eyes are darkening, you haven't been eating anything, have you?

Kikwang: (shakes head) No.

Hyosung: Eat a lot, please. I don't wanna lose my best friend.

Kikwang: I will. Well... I'll be taking my leave now, I have to catch the last bus to Ulsan before it leaves.

Hyosung: Okay.

Kikwang: (offers handshake) Until next time, we'll meet again, maybe I'll be richer and treat you out. Farewell, Hyosung.

Hyosung: (accepts handshake) See you next time, best friend.

Kikwang takes his leave. Hyosung watches him walk through the alley, gone, he leaves. He is gone. Hyosung looks at the road once more.

Hyosung: Come back home. We miss you.

Hyosung closes the gate.


[The Next Morning]

Hyosung wakes up and washes up and ran to the nail shop, she spotted Eunyoung sitting in the shop. Hyosung rushes inside.

Hyosung: Eunyoung Unnie?

Eunyoung: Oh, Hyosung-ah, I know we are not in a good boat right now, but please---

Hyosung: Unnie! I just need to know when Jaejoon is leaving, do you know?

Eunyoung: He's actually leaving today.

Hyosung: Today!!?

Eunyoung: (nods) Yes. He's taking the flight at 12pm today.

Hyosung checks her watch, it was 10:30am. The airport he's taking was an hour away from her house, it takes an hour from Hyosung's house to get to the airport.

Hyosung: Okay, thank you!

Hyosung leaves the nail shop and ran to find a taxi, she spotted one and ran into it. Then she sees Eunyoung chasing after her, Hyosung stops the taxi.

Hyosung: What is it?

Eunyoung: (breathing hard) I'm sorry I didn't tell you we were contacting each other. I didn't think it was needed since it was school related.

Hyosung: It's okay.

Eunyoung: Here. You need this, I know you didn't bring any cash with you!

Eunyoung hands her some money.

Hyosung: Oh! Thanks Eunyoung Unnie!

Hyosung accepts the money.

Eunyoung: Hwaiting! Wish you and Jaejoon the best of luck.

Hyosung: Thank you!

The taxi drives off, Hyosung rushes the taxi driver, she checks time, it was already 11:25am, only 35 more minutes before the plane leaves. Hyosung was impatient and she paid the taxi and ran out of the car and ran with all her might to the airport.

Hyosung: Please don't board yet!

Hyosung continued to run, she checks time, it was already 11:40am, the airport was near, she was hoping she can catch him. Hyosung ran and ran and ran, she arrives at the airport, she goes inside, looking everywhere for Jaejoon, but there were way too many people and too many flights going to the states at 12pm today. Hyosung goes to all floors, it was already 11:56am, she gave up. Hyosung cries as she went to sit down.

Hyosung: Now I'll never catch him.

Hyosung began to cry, but not loudly, until she heard her name being called. Hyosung looks up, it was Jaejoon and Jungsoo.

Jaejoon: Hyosung?

Hyosung ran to Jaejoon and hugs him.

Hyosung: Were you just going to board and not tell me when you were leaving?

Hyosung began crying loudly now. Jaejoon hugs her back and her hair.

Jaejoon: I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. You left early yesterday, I couldn't tell you.

Hyosung: You are bad. BAD!!!

Jaejoon: (whispers) Honey, stop, you're embarrassing me in front of Jungsoo.

Hyosung lets go of the hug and wipes away her tears.

Hyosung: Bad.

Jaejoon: (chuckles) Stop crying. You're lucky our flight got delayed for another fourty five minutes.

Hyosung: Really?

Jaejoon: (nods) Yes. Why did you come here? Weren't you mad at me?

Hyosung: I was... but... I think I understand why you're going. I just forgot.

Jaejoon: Why then?

Hyosung: You're going because you told me before how you wanted to take over Grandpa Kang's vet and expand it even more.

Jaejoon: Wow. My girlfriend is so smart...Can I still call you that?

Hyosung: What?

Jaejoon: Can I still call you my girlfriend?

Hyosung: (looks at him and smiles) Yes, you can, boyfriend.

Jaejoon smiles as he pulls her in for a hug and she snuggles inside his chest.

Jaejoon: Thank you for allowing me to call you that again.

Hyosung: I'm sorry for being so greedy. I should've been more understanding.

Jaejoon: It's okay. At least I know you're afraid of losing me.

Hyosung: (pinches stomach) No.

Jaejoon jumps. Jungsoo clears his throat.

Jungsoo: Well, I'll be sitting over there!

Jungsoo goes find a seat as Jaejoon and Hyosung hugs each other. Hyosung and Jaejoon also goes find a seat to sit.

Jaejoon: I'm so happy I'm seeing you before going.

Hyosung: Me too.

Jaejoon: Especially in your cute little jammies!

Hyosung looks at herself and closes her eyes as she bit her lip because she totally forgot to change.

Hyosung: You must be embarrassed, huh?

Jaejoon: (shakes head) No.

Hyosung: Liar.

Jaejoon: I think you look cute.

Hyosung: (smiles) At least you think so.

Jaejoon: (smiles) I'm going to miss your smile so much.

Hyosung: I know you will. (laughs)

Jaejoon: (smiles bigger) And your ugly laugh.

Hyosung hits him.

Hyosung: Stop it.

They spent the last minutes together before Jaejoon boards the plane.

Jaejoon: It's almost time. (sighs) Our time is so fast today.

Hyosung: (nods) I agree. If I was more understanding yesterday, I wish I would've known to spend more time with you.

Jaejoon: Aww, did you go home and cry about how much you missed me?

Hyosung: Actually no.

Jaejoon: Really? Aww.

Hyosung: (looks at Jaejoon) I actually met my best friend last night. He came to my house.

Jaejoon: Really?

Hyosung: (nods) He looks a little different now, but... He encouraged me not to give up on this relationship.

Jaejoon: (eyes widened) Really!!?

Hyosung: (nods) Of course. My best friend will always be the best guy in the world to me.

Jaejoon: (frowns) What about me?

Hyosung: (snuggles in for a hug) Well, you,.... You're my third.

Jaejoon: Third?

Hyosung: Because my dad is my second.

Jaejoon: Fair enough. (smiles)

Hyosung and Jaejoon hugs one last time, Jaejoon gets his ticket and passport checked, Hyosung watches him go. Jaejoon smiles at her and waves at her, slowly making his way to the gate door. Hyosung waves back as she tries hard not to lose sight of him.

Jaejoon: (yells) WAIT FOR ME ! ! !

Hyosung: (yells) I will!

Jaejoon: (smiles) I LOVE YOU, JEON HYOSUNG ! ! !

The security pushes him inside to leave, since the plane was boarding soon. Hyosung waves at him, bidding him goodbye. Jaejoon, also gone, at least for now. Hyosung turns back and walks home, well, she took the taxi back home, but still. Hyosung thought to herself...

Hyosung's Thoughts

I'm alone.... Again. I can do this, I'm waiting to see both of them. Waiting to introduce them to each other. My favorite people.


Author's Note: I'm so terribly sorry I haven't update. I really am, I've been trying to update most of my fics as much as I can since school's over. I was really busy with school this semester. I hope you guys understand, also... I hope you guys liked this update. It was a lot to write & to think of, but I know it isn't a lot. >< I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter & tell me what you guys think. Hope you guys liked Kikwang's appearance ;P Enjoy. Will try to update more. :) - adurrrh94<3