Life Without My Best Friend (Hyosung's Version) Part Four

SHOCKED!!!!

Hyosung arrives at the party and there were so many lights flashing towards Hyosung. Why? Because the retirement party had a red carpet! So Dr. Kang had invited the whole vet to come to show how much he values his employees. Hyosung didn't know how to pose so she just smiles awkwardly, the pictures took about 2 minutes, Hyosung was getting tired of smiling. Finally, her photoshoot was done, she bows her head thanking the photographers and went upstairs to the party as directed. When the doormen saw her, they smiled at her and opens the door for her, she makes her entrance in. There were so many employees who they have never seen Hyosung so dressed up, they all were surprised how pretty she looked, because at the vet, she just wears sweaters or cardigans only to volunteer, but never once did she wear a dress, not even a skirt.

Employee#1: (raises glass of champagne) Looking good Hyosung!

Hyosung bows her head down thanking him. As she made her way to Dr. Kang, everyone was complimenting her. Hyosung just smiles and lowers her head to thank them. She finally walks up to Dr. Kang.

Hyosung: Hello, Dr. Kang.

Dr. Kang: (smiles) Who is this pretty young lady?

Hyosung: (smiles back) I am your best volunteer!

Dr. Kang: (smiles fade) Who!!?

Hyosung: Hyosung?

Dr. Kang: (eyes widened) Hyosung-ssi? Really? Wow! You are so pretty dressed up! Why don't you dress up often!!? If my grandson sees this, he'll faint.

Hyosung: (smiles) I'm not going to stay for long anyway, I'm going to only stay for an hour or so. Is that fine?

Dr. Kang: (nods) Sure thing, Hyosung. Enjoy all these tasty food, the party's started, but that Jaejoon isn't even here yet!

Hyosung: (raises eyebrows) Really? Where'd he go?

Dr. Kang: He said he had to pick someone up, so I thought it'd be you, I guess not.

Hyosung: (shakes head and smiles) I told my parents to drop me off here and I'll be taking the bus home.

Dr. Kang: I can let my men send you home?

Hyosung: It's okay. I'll tell you if I change my mind though.

Just then, Jaejoon makes his entrance from the door, he walks in, not only alone, but with Eunyoung, the girl from the nail shop. Eunyoung was looking so pretty with Jaejoon. Jaejoon looked so handsome in a suit and bowtie, Eunyoung wore a long silver strapless dress with her hair pulled up. Hyosung looks away from them.

Hyosung: Dr. Kang, I'm going to the restroom for a bit then, I'll be back. (smiles)

Dr. Kang: Okay, dear.

Hyosung leaves to the bathroom and looks in the mirror, she looks at how she was dressed, she wasn't dressed like the rest of the employees, but rather different compared to them.

Hyosung: I don't even know how to dress to these things. (pouts) But they won't see me for long anyways. (puffs up cheeks and unpuffs them) Ah~ How I wish I can have a prince charming come to help me now. (smiles) Oh well, Hyosung-ah, just enjoy the party. Hwaiting! (fist pumps)

Hyosung leaves the bathroom and walks over to Dr. Kang who was with Eunyoung and Jaejoon, they were still arm to arm with each other. Hyosung smiles.

Hyosung: Hello. (lowers her head)

Eunyoung: (confused, looks over to Jaejoon) Who's this?

Jaejoon: I don't know, probably some girl my grandfather knows.

Hyosung: (forces a smile) It's good you guys don't know me then. (clears throat) Dr. Kang, let's go sit shall we?

Dr. Kang: (smiles) Sure thing.

Hyosung and Dr. Kang walks arm to arm to a table, there was a young man sitting at the table alone, Dr. Kang specifically chose this table for a reason.

Dr. Kang: Hello, Mr. Yang!

Guy: Oh, hello Dr. Kang! (lowers head)

Dr. Kang: Hyosung-ah, this is going to be the new veterinarian at the vet, he's young, but he already graduated. He's so smart. His name is Yang Jimin.

Hyosung: (smiles & lowers head) Hello, how do you do?

Jimin: Hello, I'm Jimin. (lowers head)

Dr. Kang: You two sit along and talk while I greet my new guests.

They both nodded and sat next to each other.

Jimin: So, who are you?

Hyosung: (smiles) I'm Hyosung, I volunteer at the vet you're going to be working at.

Jimin: Oh really?

Hyosung: (nods) But I won't be there after next week, my sister will though.

Jimin: Oh man, I can only see you for a week then.

Hyosung: It's okay. I'll love to show you around.

As they were chit-chatting, Jaejoon notices Hyosung by her smile, he didn't notice her at first, so she did come. Jaejoon drags Eunyoung to go sit with Hyosung and Jimin. They walk to the table, Hyosung and Jimin were smiling and joking around already. When Jaejoon and Eunyoung got to the table, Hyosung and Jimin stops laughing and just looks at them.

Hyosung: What do you want?

Jaejoon: I didn't know it was you.

Hyosung: (looks away) You don't even know who I am.

Jaejoon: Hyosung, I really didn't know it was you.

Eunyoung: (gasps) That's Hyosung. Oh my gosh! You've blossomed!

Hyosung: (looks at Eunyoung and forces a smile) Yes, Eunyoung, of course it's me.

Eunyoung: You look so gorgeous!

Hyosung: Thank you. (lowers her head to thank her)

Jaejoon: Can we sit here too?

Jimin: Sure, the seats are---

Hyosung: No. (looks at Jaejoon meanly)

Jaejoon: Why?

Hyosung: People like YOU aren't allowed here. How rude of you to come to our table, there are so many other tables around. Go sit over there.

Jaejoon: So it's like that.

Hyosung: It should have always been this way actually. (sighs)

Jaejoon and Eunyoung goes sit at the table right next to them. Hyosung and Jimin continues to joke around and smiles. Jaejoon was getting a little jealous, so he just watched Hyosung talk to Jimin enjoying themselves. Eunyoung left for the restroom to fix her makeup, Jimin also left for the restroom, Jaejoon goes over to Hyosung to talk. Hyosung avoids him.

Jaejoon: Why are you being like this to me?

Hyosung: Because I have the right to.

Jaejoon: You seem to be enjoying yourself over here a lot.

Hyosung: I am, so you should go enjoy yourself a little bit, over there too. (not looking at Jaejoon)

Jaejoon: Why are you being so cold to me?

Hyosung: I am not.

Just then, Jimin comes back.

Jimin: Am I interrupting anything?

Hyosung: (looks at Jimin) Let's go dance!

Jimin: Eh? But you already know my reasons why I don't dance!

Hyosung: Let's go dance! (blinks a lot)

Jimin: Oh? Okay. Let's go!

Jimin offers his palm for Hyosung, Hyosung places her hand onto his and they left to the dance floor. Eunyoung comes back and walks up to Jaejoon.

Eunyoung: Was we sitting over here?

Jaejoon: Let's go dance.

Eunyoung: Why?

Jaejoon: Let's just go DANCE!!!

Eunyoung: Okay!

Jaejoon drags Eunyoung to the dance floor. Jaejoon purposely chose the spot near Hyosung. Hyosung and Jimin continues to dance and smile and laugh through one of the songs, while Eunyoung dances around Jaejoon, but Jaejoon doesn't react to Eunyoung, but kept looking at Hyosung. Just then, a slow song comes on. It was "Today More Than Yesterday" by Kim Jong Kook, he sang it live too.

JongKook: Hello everyone, tonight's a great night, just wanted to settle the dance floor down a little bit with a slower song. I was asked to do this, so..... Everyone, switch your dance partner with the person next to you.

Hyosung, without knowing turned around and smiles, but when she found it was Jaejoon, her smile fades. Jaejoon smiles because he was really happy, Jimin smiles at Hyosung and nods at her and took Eunyoung to dance with. Jaejoon offers his hand to Hyosung and gave her a smile, Hyosung just accepts his hand, without giving him a smile. Since it was a slow song, Jaejoon grabs Hyosung super close to him, Jaejoon was tall, but with Hyosung's high heels, which were like three inches, she reaches his eyebrows. Hyosung refused to look Jaejoon in the eye, so she just looks down as they were dancing. Hyosung avoided Jaejoon's eyes and just danced with him, Jaejoon, however felt better just even holding her hand.

Jaejoon: (looks at Hyosung) Hyosung...

Hyosung ignores.

Jaejoon: You know you can't avoid me forever, because I'm going to bother you forever.

Hyosung still ignores and looks away still. Jaejoon grew upset.

Jaejoon: Hyosung, please talk to me?

Hyosung ignores. So then, Jaejoon pulls her really close to him and made her turn to look at him.

Jaejoon: Hyosung, keep your eyes with mine, please.

Hyosung looks into his eyes and looks away. Jaejoon made her face turned to him. She refused.

Jaejoon: Why? What did I do wrong?

Hyosung looks at him and hesitated then looked down.

 Jaejoon: Please, tell me.

Hyosung: It's nothing. Let's just dance in peace.

Jaejoon smiled because she actually spoke, Hyosung knew that was the way to shut him up. Hyosung felt like this song was taking forever. The song ended, Hyosung pulls away, but Jaejoon pulls her back in his arms and pecked her forehead. Hyosung pushes him off and glared at him one last time before she left for her seat. Hyosung went to find Dr. Kang, he was on the dance floor, he was grooving and moving to this 80's song they had on. Hyosung was really happy to see him happy, they caught eyes with each other. Hyosung signaled him that she was going to leave, and so Dr. Kang walks over to her.

Dr. Kang: Really?

Hyosung just smiled and nodded.

Dr. Kang: Okay. Well, if you ever need anything, just call me. Okay?

Hyosung nods and smiles at him. Dr. Kang smiles back at her.

Dr. Kang: I'll see you off then?

Hyosung: Oh no, it's okay. (shaking her head) I'll go by myself.

Dr. Kang: Are you sure?

Hyosung: (nods) I want to leave quietly.

Dr. Kang: Ah~ I see.

Dr. Kang gives Hyosung a hug and pats her head.

Dr. Kang: See you tomorrow youngster.

Hyosung: (smiles) Okay. Bye.

Dr. Kang and Hyosung breaks the hug and Dr. Kang bid her goodbye. Hyosung goes over to Jimin, he was getting a little drunk, how?

Hyosung: Jimin-ssi?

Jimin: (looks at Hyosung) Hyosung-ssi?

Hyosung: I'm leaving, okay? It was nice talking to you. Thanks for listening. (waves)

Jimin waves at her and fell to the table, Hyosung gasps as she tried helping him up.

Hyosung: Jimin-ssi, are you drunk?

Jimin was knocked out, so he didn't respond to her. Hyosung bit her lips as she helped him onto a chair. Hyosung was walking towards the door, Jaejoon grabs her hand and turned her over.

Jaejoon: Leaving so soon?

Hyosung: (looks away) I don't feel good.

Jaejoon: Should I take you home?

Hyosung: (looks at Jaejoon) No. (shakes head)

Jaejoon: Why?

Hyosung: Uhh... My parents are waiting for me outside already.

Jaejoon: Did you want me to send you out?

Hyosung: (shakes head) No, you stay here. I can go by myself.

Jaejoon: Okay then... Well, see you tomorrow.

Hyosung nods and left the party. As Hyosung opens the door, someone called for her.

"HYOSUNG!!!" it was a male voice. Hyosung turns around, it was Jimin. Jimin walks over to Hyosung with a glass wine.

Jimin: Hyosung-ssi, my drinks are done tonight... Maybe I should go home with you.

Hyosung: I guess I'll send you home then.

Jimin: Yes, I don't feel good either.

Hyosung: Okay, let's go before someone notices.

Jimin nods and drops his glass wine, it broke, causing a little loud noise. Hyosung picks it up, then she cuts herself, Hyosung ordered one of the waitor there to clean it up as she took Jimin home. Hyosung put Jimin's arm around her shoulder and began walking... Jaejoon notices that they were leaving together, since Eunyoung left him for some other dude he didn't know, he might as well leave too. Jaejoon went to tell his grandfather that he's sending Hyosung home, his grandfather agrees. Jaejoon runs out of the building and ran towards Hyosung and Jimin who were sitting at the bus stop waiting for the bus. Hyosung looks at Jaejoon.

Hyosung: What are you doing here?

Jaejoon: I just.... I was just leaving too.

Hyosung: (looks up to Jaejoon) Where's Eunyoung?

Jaejoon: Ooh, Eunyoungie~? She still wanted to stay.

Hyosung: Why don't you stay with her? I know you still want to.

Jaejoon: No, I told her I was getting a little tired, there was no fun in there.

Hyosung nods as she looks away. The bus came then, Hyosung puts Jimin's arm around her so they can go in the bus, but Jaejoon took Jimin's body and carried him onto his shoulders and went inside the bus. Hyosung didn't want to go in the bus anymore, but she had to so Jimin can go home. Jaejoon sat Jimin to a window seat and sat behind him. Jaejoon was expecting Hyosung to sit with him, but Hyosung sat right next to Jimin. That night Jimin stood the night at Hyosung's house, while Jaejoon sets Jimin onto Hyosung's couches, Hyosung grabs blankets and pillows for him.

Hyosung: Thank you, now leave.

Jaejoon: No. I wanna spend the night too, I'm really tired. (fake yawns)

Hyosung: No.

Jaejoon: Why? Why are you being so mean to me? Are you jealous I came with Eunyoung and not you?

Hyosung: (glares at Jaejoon) Yes. Yes I am. Now leave.

Jaejoon: (eyes lit up) Really?

Hyosung: (glares) No. Just go home. Jimin can spend the night, but you have to go.

Jaejoon: I don't want to. I'll sleep at the other couch right next to Jimin. Go sleep, will you?

Hyosung: (frowns) Fine. Sleep. You're lucky it's late and dark.

Jaejoon: Aww, are you scared someone might steal me from you?

Hyosung: No. I'm scared you don't know how to protect yourself at night. Night.

Hyosung leaves the room to bring Jaejoon some pillows and blanket. When she came back, she threw them in Jaejoon's face.

Hyosung: Sleep well.

Hyosung walks away, but Jaejoon pulls her arm to face him and pulls her closer to him.

Jaejoon: Stop being mad at me. You can't stay mad at me forever.

Hyosung: (smirks) Watch me. Night loser.

Hyosung pushes his head as she escaped his grip. The next morning, Jaejoon and Jimin were gone, Hyosung gets ready for the last week of volunteering. That whole week, Hyosung ignores Jaejoon and just talks to Jimin. Jaejoon keeps bugging Hyosung and he even told Jimin to back off, but he didn't budge either. Making Jaejoon sad and jealous, so he prepares something for Hyosung on her last day that was coming up.