Making Up

My Older Chinese Lover

After a little while I was able to stop crying, at least long enough so that I could speak. Jonghyun kept telling me that everything was going to be alright during my little breakdown but it all went in one ear and out of the other.

            “Soohyun you shouldn’t feel so down. I mean you’re good looking, young, and I know you’ll be able to find someone else easily.”

I let out a sigh before speaking so that Jonghyun could discontinue his one way conversation.

            “Hyung can you just bring me back to the apartment.”

            “Huh? You want to go home?”

I just nodded my head.

            “Well of course you do. You probably want to spend some time on your own. Ok give me a little bit and then I’ll take you back.”

I just nodded my head and went back to sit down. Soon enough Jonghyun told me he could take me back. The car ride was silent but I figured that he finally realized that I really didn’t want to talk too much right now. I do appreciate him trying to cheer me up but I really just wanted to be alone. That’s why when I found that Kibum hyung wasn’t there I was actually quite relieved. I went straight into the guest room where I began to cry my eyes out some more until I eventually fell asleep.

            I woke up a couple of hours later still saddened by the events from earlier today.  I dug through my bag that was next to the bed and pulled out a picture of me and him that we had taken at a photo booth the last time I was here. It was one of those strips with four different pictures on it. The first one he had his arm around my shoulder as we both smiled for the picture. The second one we made funny faces, and then in the third he kissed my cheek. The forth one though was when we decided to do aeygo but right at the last second he had grabbed my face and kissed me square on the lips. As I looked at the last picture tears started to slowly roll down my face again. Was he just playing with me when he kissed me here?

            I just kept staring at the picture as I cried silently. I soon felt an arm around my shoulder. I turned to see Kibum hyung sitting next to me and I grabbed onto his shirt and started to cry harder. I just couldn’t help it. It felt my heart was ripping apart slowly with each passing second.

            “It’s going to be ok baby.” He whispered to me.

            “Why doesn’t he love me?!” I exclaimed in between my tears.

He slowly pushed me away so he could hear me clearer.

            “What did he say to you Soohyun-ah?” He asked.

            “He told me that he didn’t have time to play with me! Is that all he’s been doing with me hyung?! Playing?! I love him so much! I left my home for him but I guess it didn’t matter since he was just playing with me!” I said as I moved away from him and laid down onto my pillow as I started to cry my eyes out some more.

            He then said something to Jonghyun before he spoke a couple of more comforting words to me but I was so zoned out that I didn’t care anymore. Soon I felt him get off of the bed and leave the room. I don’t know how much time passed after he left me to wallow in my broken heart but I soon became hungry. Very hungry, I mean the last thing I ate was not even a full bowl of cereal for breakfast. I don’t care how much Lay has broken my heart I was a growing boy that still needed to eat.

            So I slowly dragged myself out of bed and into the kitchen to try and find something to eat. When I opened the fridge I found a plate of food with a note on it. I took it out and saw that it was a note from Kibum hyung. It read:

If you get hungry you can eat this. And please don’t cry anymore over that . He’s not worth you energy.

Love, hyung.

 I was thankful that he had put me a plate to the side since I was starving. I warmed it up and sat at the table to start eating in. As I was eating I felt my phone vibrate. I didn’t even know that I had my phone in my pocket. I thought I had left it in the room. I guess I never removed it from my pants.

            I dug into my pants pocket to remove the phone wondering who could be calling me this late. When I looked at the caller id number I saw that it was Lay. Why was he calling? I picked it up and slowly moved the phone to my ear.

            “Yo-Yoboseyo?” My voice cracking because all I’ve been doing most of the day was crying.

            “Oh Soohyun-ah you’re awake. I’m glad.” His voice was soft and gentle nothing like it was earlier.

I just stayed silent because I really didn’t know what to say to him right now. Was he going to break up with me? Maybe that’s why he was trying to seem nice so that he doesn’t hurt me too much. He started speaking again when he noticed I wasn’t going to say anything.

            “Umm…anyway are you dressed?”

I looked down at my clothes that I never changed out of before answering him yes.

            “Good because I’m outside of Key’s apartment. I’d figured that you were staying there for the time being. So why don’t you come downstairs so we can talk.”

Wait he was here? Now?! I quickly muttered an ‘I’m coming’ into the phone before putting on my shoes and heading downstairs to meet him. My hunger long forgotten.

            When I got downstairs I saw him leaning against a car waiting for me. I slowed my steps as I walked over to him. Once I was close enough to him he pulled me into a tight embrace. I was so confused. Why was he hugging me when just a couple of hours ago he was yelling at me? Even though I was confused I still lifted my arms to hug him back, to take in his smell, the feeling of his body pressed against mine. This simple hug had made me so happy. He started to pull away from the hug but I tightened my grip on him. I felt like if I let him go he would leave me forever.

            “Soohyun you’re going to have to let me go sometime.” He said with a small laugh that made his chest vibrate as I rested my head on it. I just shook my head as I tightened my grip some more. He let out a grunt before speaking.        

            “If you keep squeezing me like that you won’t have a boyfriend anymore.”

I loosened my grip a little and looked up at him.

            “Are you going to dump me?” I asked as I felt the tears coming again.

He looked at me with shocked eyes before bending down to kiss my tears away and ending on my lips. It was a short kiss yet it still made my heart swell up with emotion. When he pulled away he just stared into my eyes.

            “Soohyun I’m not going to leave you ok? Now let’s get in the car.”

That was when I finally let go of him and he opened up the passengers’ side car door for me. I looked at the car then back up to him.

            “You have a car?” I asked confused. That’s because the last time I was here we were both taking public transportation together.

He chuckled and shook his head no.

            “It’s our managers. I took it and snuck out because I had to come and see you.”

            “I didn’t know you could drive. When did you get your license?”

            “Back when I was in China.”

            “So you don’t have a Korean license yet?”

He shook his head still holding the door open for me.

            “I’m pretty sure that it’s illegal to drive around Korea without a Korean license.”

            “Well you’re worth breaking a few laws. Now are you going to get in?”

I laughed a little as I slid into the seat. He got in on the driver’s side and then we were on our way. Where? I actually didn’t know. The best thing to do was ask right?

            “Where are we going Lay?”

            “Back to my dorm. I don’t want to get in trouble by our leader for sneaking out. Plus my roommate is staying with one of our other members in their dorm tonight so we can have the room to ourselves.” He said with a smile.

            “Wait you guys have two dorms?”

            “Yea, you didn’t think all twelve of us stayed in one dorm did you?”

            “Well I’ve only been there twice and both times most of the members weren’t there.”

            “Alright I’ll give you that one.”

We ended up driving in silence for most of the ride to his dorm after that. He’s actually a really good driver. For some reason I expected him to not be that great. I don’t know why.

            When we got to the dorm we had to sneak in quietly but once we reached his room we were safe. We still couldn’t be too loud but at least now we could talk comfortably. I sat on his roommates bed while he sat on his.

            “Why are you all the way over there?” He asked.

I simply shrugged my shoulders. He walked over to me and sat down next to me on the bed. He took my hand and intertwined our fingers.

            “Uh…Lay?” I spoke up as I slightly tightened my grip on our now laced hands.

            “Yea?”

            “Why were you so mad at me earlier?”

            “Oh yea…that.” He said as he let out a sigh. “I’m sorry Soohyun. I didn’t mean to snap at you. I’ve just been under so much pressure lately as we’re getting closer to debuting. I keep making mistakes during practice and have been reprimanded for it a lot. So I’ve been working harder to get better. That’s why when Jonghyun cut our session I got upset because I know I need the practice.”

            “Lay you’re really good already! You need to stop stressing yourself out so much. It won’t be good for your health in the future.” I said as I looked directly into his eyes. He just leaned in and kissed me. When he pulled away we were both smiling at each other.

            “I glad that you’re worried about me but I’ll be fine.”

            “You’re not leaving me though right?” I asked just to make sure.

He kissed me again before saying “No I’m not leaving you. I love you too much to leave you. Now how about we get off of Luhan’s bed and change into some clothes to sleep in.”

            “I’m spending the night?”

            “Yea, unless you want to go back.”

I quickly shook my head and got up off of the bed. This would be the first time that we spent the night with each other. I was a little nervous. What if he wanted to do it? I mean I wanted to do it with him but just not right now. I don’t think I’m ready to go all the way with him right now. I need to mentally prepare myself. Soon I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked to see Lay holding a change of clothes.

            “Soohyun are you ok? I was calling your name but you wouldn’t answer me.”

            “Oh. I’m fine.”

            “Well these are some clothes for you to change into. They may be a little big though.”

            “It will be fine.” I said as I took the clothes from his hands.

            “Alright” He then started to take off his shirt and I immediately turned away from him. I could feel my cheeks start to heat up and I tried to calm my speeding heart.

            “Soohyun? Are you sure you’re ok?”

            “Yea, I’m fine it’s just…just that you’re not wearing a shirt.” I said all without looking at him. I heard him laugh lightly before speaking again.

            “I’ll get dressed quickly then.”

Once he was dressed I turned around d and let out a sigh that I didn’t know I was holding.

            “I’ll leave so you can change.”

            “Ah… you don’t have to leave. I mean it’s your room. I’ll just go to the bathroom to change.” I said heading for the door. He grabbed onto my arm to stop me and placed himself in front of the door instead.

            “You change here. I have to brush my teeth anyway.” He said as he left the bedroom before I could try and protest further,

            As soon as he left though I quickly started to change into the shorts and t-shirt he gave me. They were both significantly long on me but at least they were comfortable. I then started to fold up the clothes I had removed and placed them in a neat pile on the floor at the foot of his bed. There was soon a knock at the door and I got slightly nervous. What if it’s one of his band members that wants to talk to him? I don’t think they’ll be too happy to find me here. The door slowly opened and I saw Lay peak his head in. I let out a breath that I didn’t know I had been holding when I saw that it was just Lay.

            “Why did you knock to come into your own room?”

            “Because I wanted to make sure you were changed.”

            “Well I’m changed so you can stop being a creeper in your own place.”

He laughed a little as he came in fully and closed the door.

            “There’s an extra toothbrush in the bathroom for you so you can brush your teeth before bed.”

I nodded before heading to the bathroom to brush my teeth. When I came back all of the lights were off except for a desk light and Lay was already in his bed. That’s when it hit me as well. Where would I be sleeping? I mean I would sleep in his roommate’s bed but he says that he doesn’t like people in it. If he knew we were sitting on it he would probably flip a . I could sleep on the floor but I don’t want Lay to think that I don’t want to be near him.

            “Soohyun? Are you going to come and lay down with me or are you going to sleep standing up?” He said with a smile as he moved over so I would have room to lie next to him.

I slowly walked over to the bed and got in with my back facing him. He pulled the blanket over us and put his arm around me. I could feel his body heat against me and it was comforting. I started to calm down and moved a little closer to him as I became less tense. As I was moving to get even more comfortable he let out a low hiss.

            “If you keep moving like that Soohyun you’re going to .”

            “What?” I asked confused. How was I turning him on?

            “You keep moving your against my crotch. I mean if you want to do it we could, we would just have to be quiet.” He said as he placed a kiss behind my ear. I immediately jumped out of the bed then. Well actually more like rolled and fell out of the bed. Lay was up fast and helping me off of the floor.

            “Oh my god Soohyun are you ok?!”

            “Y-Yea. I’m fine. Maybe I should sleep out on the couch or something though. ” I said once I was on my feet.

            “I’m not going to let you sleep on the couch. I was just playing around anyway. You know I wouldn’t do anything to you that you don’t want to do. Now come on let’s get back in bed.” He said leading me back toward the bed. I hesitantly got back in with him but this time I got decided to turn so that I was facing him. He just ended up smiling at me and planting a kiss on my lips. I lowered my head and blushed.

            “You’re so cute when your face turns red. Did you know that?”

I shook my head and raised my hands to cover my cheeks.

            “Why are you trying to hide your face from me? I said you looked cute didn’t I?”

            “I’m sorry.”

He looked at me confused before asking “For what?”

            “For falling off the bed to get away from you earlier. It’s just…” I took a deep breath before slowly letting it out.

            “It’s just you’re the first person for me to ever do something like this with. I’ve never even slept in the same bed as someone that wasn’t a relative.”         

            “You never spent the night at any of your friends’ houses?”

            “I don’t have any friends.”    

            “Everyone has friends Soohyun.”

I shook my head. “Everyone except for me. My mother had my days so structured that there was no time for me to make friends.”

            “Well now you have me as your friend and boyfriend.” He said with a smile. “Oh yea I’ve been meaning to ask why are you back? It’s not that I’m not happy to see you because believe me I am but from the last time I saw your mom she didn’t want you anywhere around Key and Jonghyun hyung.”

            “She kicked me out. She read a text you sent me and found out I was gay. She said I can’t come back until I dump you and stop being gay.”

He pulled me close to his chest then and just embraced me tightly.

            “I’m sorry Soohyun. I can’t believe I snapped at you after that. Jeez am I a horrible person or what?”

I pulled away slightly to look into his eyes.

            “You’re not a horrible person. You were just stressed out but I love you and that’s all that matters. And hey at least I get to be closer to you now.” I said as I ended my statement with a kiss.

            “That certainly is true.”

After that we turned off the desk light but didn’t stop talking. We just kept talking about random things that came to our minds and even in moments of silence we just enjoyed being in each other’s arms.

“Lay?” I whispered as I soon heard Lay’s breathing even out. He had fallen asleep on me. I smiled to myself slightly as I snuggled closer to his chest.

I love you Yixing.” I whispered out in Chinese. I then heard him mumble ‘I love you’ back to me sleepily before I fell asleep in his arms.


Update! Yay. Ok so Soohyun and Lay are back together now. Well they were always together but Soohyun's happy again now. Let's just hope Lay keeps treating him right.