Space

My Older Chinese Lover

Lay had fallen asleep after a little while but I was still wide awake. Even though he said he would wait for me to be ready and that he wasn’t mad I was still feeling uncomfortable with what happened earlier. So once I was sure that he was deeply asleep I slipped out of bed and quietly put my own clothes back on before leaving the room. I decided I would leave him a note explaining why I left. So I went into the kitchen to get a piece of paper and a pen. As I was writing the note I heard footsteps coming towards the kitchen and was praying that it wasn’t Lay. The person soon came into view and it turned out to be Kris. I let out a breath that I didn’t even realize I was holding as I finished writing the note.

            Once it was done I headed towards the front door to get my sneakers. As I was putting them on I felt a presence behind me. I turned around to see Kris standing directly behind me.

            “You’re leaving?”

            “Yea.” I said as I stood up.

He scoffed then.

            “So you get into his pants and then decide it’s time to leave. You should have just earlier you little .”

That comment made me stop in my tracks and turn around. When I did I saw that he was literally right behind me and it made me back up so that we wouldn’t be to close. He just walked closer to me until my back hit the wall and our chests were practically touching. I had to look up to see his face and he just stared at me.

            “You’re not even cute. I don’t know what he sees in you.” That was all he said before walking away from me and going back into his room. I stood there stunned. Why did he hate me so much? Was all I thought as I slowly made my way out of the dorm.

            It was about two o’clock in the morning and the streets were empty. I called for a cab and had it take me back to Kibum hyung’s apartment. Once back inside of the apartment I went straight to my room and laid there thinking. Would it be better if I just stayed away from Lay? I don’t want him to fight with his band mates because of me. He’ll probably grow tired of me soon anyway. I mean if I’m not giving him so he’ll one day decide to be with someone that will give it to him. I thought all of these things as I lay in the bed staring at the ceiling until I dozed off into dreamland.

            The next morning I woke up to my cell phone ringing. I picked it up and noticed it was Kibum hyung calling. I picked it up with annoyed groan.    

            “Hyung why are you calling when I’m right in my room?” I said sleepily.

            “What do you mean in your room?! I checked last night and…” Then he opened the door to my room and stared at me.

            “Oh you are here.” Kibum hyung hung up his phone and walked over to me to sit on the bed.

            “I thought you would be at Lay’s place still. What time did you come back?”

            “Ugh… I don’t know. Can I just sleep hyung?” I whined as I rolled onto my side and pulled the blanket over my head.

            “Nuh uh! It’s already 11am. You don’t normally sleep this late? Why are you so tired? Have a long night with Lay?” He joked and I was surprised to hear such a joke come out of his mouth.

            “Let’s not talk about Lay right now. Ok hyung.” Right after I finished my statement my phone rang. I looked down at the caller ID to see that it was Lay. I just silenced the call and stuffed the phone under my pillow. I didn’t want to talk to him right now. I wanted to try and get my thoughts together about what happened last night first.

            “Why aren’t you answering your phone? Was that Lay calling?” Kibum hyung asked. I decided he wasn’t going to let me sleep so I sat up and nodded my answer to him.

            “Well why aren’t you answering then? Did he…Omo! Soohyun what’s that?!” Before I could even ask him what he was talking about he grabbed my head and tilted it to the side.

            “Did Lay give you that hickey?! Wait! Don’t tell me! Please don’t tell me he you last night! Is that why you’re not talking to him?! Wait till I get my hands on him I’m going to…”

            “No!” I screamed out to get his attention. “He didn’t me.” I said in a lower voice.

            “Then what happened? Why are you ignoring him?”

            “I’m not…I’m just thinking.”

            “About what? Obviously something happened. Tell your hyung.”

            “Do you promise not to get mad?”

            “I can’t promise that. I can promise not to kill him until I hear the whole story though.”

I thought to myself for a minute and figured that was better than nothing.

            “Ok. Well last night I made dinner for him and him members.”

            “So far so good.”

            “Yea and after we ate and cleaned it was already really late and he didn’t want me to leave alone so late at night. So he told me to stay the night which I agreed to.”

            “Uh huh.”

            “Well once we were in bed he started to kiss me and I kissed him back because we always kiss each other. But then he…”

            “He what?” Kibum hyung asked his eyes narrowing a bit.

            “Well he started to touch me more than usual and it started to make me uncomfortable so I told him to stop. He wouldn’t listen though and kept going. I…I started to get…hard and I guess he took it as the green light to continue but I didn’t want him to.”

            “Did you tell him to stop again?”

I nodded my head.

            “And did he?” Kibum hyung’s voice got about three octaves deeper and I felt like he was going to explode any second now.

            “Only when he realized I was crying and really didn’t want it.” I said diverting my eyes away from Kibum hyung’s gaze.

            “He made you cry too?! Oh he’s going to get it!” Kibum hyung said as he stood from the bed. I just tugged on his shirt and made him sit.

            “No hyung! He apologized and said he would wait until I’m ready.”

            “That doesn’t excuse him for what he did though! Anyway if you’re not pissed at him why are you ignoring his calls?” Kibum hyung asked as he folded his arms across his chest and crossed his legs. I could tell he wanted to kill Lay right now but I didn’t want him to.

            “Because I don’t know what to say to him after last night. That’s why I came back early. I didn’t want to stay with him and feel awkward.” I said. I turned to face my hyung to make sure I had his full attention.

            “Hyung is it bad that I’m scared to have with my boyfriend?”  I asked seriously.

Kibum hyung just pulled me against his chest and hugged me tightly.

            “No it’s not. You should wait until you’re ready and you want to do it. Don’t ever let someone influence you to do something that you’re not comfortable with.”

          “He’s just so much more experienced then me and I don’t know anything about between two guys really.”

            “There’s not much to know Soohyun.” Kibum hyung said as he pulled away from embracing me.

            “When the time comes you’ll be able to figure it out. I will tell you this no matter how careful he is it will hurt. Oh and that his goes into your . The rest you can figure out.”

            “It’s going to hurt?!” I asked with wide eyes and my hyung just nodded.

            “I don’t like pain though.”

            “I suggest sleeping with a girl then. Unless he lets you top.”

            “Top?” I questioned not knowing what he was talking about.

            “Yea. If you’re on top you’re the one doing the ing and if you’re on the bottom you’re the one being ed.”

            “Oh…I see.”

I was silent for a minute and during my silence I remembered what Kris told me.

            ‘You’re not even cute. I don’t know what he sees in you.’

            “Kibum hyung am I good looking?” I asked him then and he looked at me surprised.

            “Of course you are Soohyun. I mean you’re my brother. There’s no way you wouldn’t be good looking. Well unless you took most of your looks from your mom’s side of the family then maybe. Anyway why do you ask?”

            “Because one of Lay’s members said that I’m not cute.”

            “Who is this person?! I will kill them after I finish with Lay!” He said as he cracked his knuckles.

            “No hyung! You can’t kill any of them.”

            “And why not?!” He let out an annoyed sigh to calm himself down a bit.

            “Soohyun why can’t you just date someone your age? I mean there has to be plenty of guys interested in you because you’re so cute.”        

           “Well there was this one guy…he gave me his phone number yesterday.” I said shyly remembering Geunseok.

            “And how old was said guy?” Kibum hyung asked smiling.

            “16.”

            “Perfect! You should call him.”

            “Lay erased the number off of my hand. Anyway I love Lay and wouldn’t cheat on him.”

            “Yet you’re not answering his calls.”

            “I think we just need a little bit of space for a while.” I said.

            “Well I hope you see this Geunseok again while you’re enjoying your “space”” He said making air quote.

            “I have to get going to work now though Soohyun. Be good and don’t burn the apartment down ok?”

            “Neh hyung.”

With that Kibum hyung left the room and I pulled my phone out from under my pillow. I had over thirty missed calls and twenty text messages. I simply let out a sigh before getting back under my covers to try and sleep again.

            I talk to you tomorrow when I have things figured out again Lay. I thought in my head before closing my eyes to sleep.


So Soohyun needs some space from Lay. How will Lay take this apart time though? I guess we will have to wait until the next chapter to see. I'm sorry this is so short by the way but look I'm getting there. I'm slowly updating all my stories again! Minho's side story may take a while to update (for those of you who are reading it) but it will get updated before I die lol. Anyway until next time.

~Lolo