First Day Of School

My Older Chinese Lover

Surprisingly Lay and I’s relationship has been going well for the last month even though we were only seeing each other twice a week. Those few days were enough to get us through the last month and a half. We sometimes even got to see each a little extra when we he had free time. I was starting school now though. I applied to a performing arts high school and surprisingly got in. I didn’t think I would because I thought that I totally flopped at my audition but obviously they thought I was good enough to let me in.

            My dad even got me my own apartment so that I wouldn’t have to be around Kibum and Jonghyun hyung during their ‘honeymoon’ phase of their relationship. I’m currently getting ready for my first day of school. Feelings of excitement and nervousness were currently coursing through me. I’m hoping that I’ll do well in this school.  Maybe even make a few friends.

            I looked myself over in the mirror one more quick time before heading out to go to the bus stop. As I was waiting for the bus I felt my phone vibrate. Who could possibly be texting me this early? I wondered. I opened the phone and saw that it was a message from Lay.

From Lay:

            Good morning baby. I hope you have a good first day in school.

I smiled to myself at the text message from Lay. I quickly started to type my reply.

To Lay:

            Good morning and I will. Can’t wait to see you this weekend.

From Lay:

            Same here! Anyway I have to go. I love you.

To Lay:

            I love you too.

I was so engrossed in texting Lay that when I looked up I noticed that the bus had already arrived and was just about to leave. I quickly ran up the steps, scanned my card and took my seat. As the bus started to move I looked out of the window and saw how all of the buildings passed by in a slight blur. I still had that slight nervous feeling left inside of me but it wasn’t as prominent as before.

            After about twenty minutes on the bus I had arrived at my stop and walked the last block to the school. When I got to the front gate I saw plenty of other kids rushing inside so they wouldn’t be late. It looked different now that there were more people on the campus, like an actual school, not much different than my old one. Hopefully I would actually be able to make a couple of friends this time around.  

            I walked into the building after looking at my schedule to see what my first class was. Unfortunately it was math. It seemed like all of my academic classes were in the morning and then my acting classes would be later on in the day. Fortunately I took the opportunity on the day of my audition to give myself a mini tour around the building so I was able to find my class with ease. I sat down in an empty seat by the window and looked out of the window to see some kids still straggling behind and catching up with friends in front of the school. My thoughts were soon interrupted when someone popped up into my view. I backed away from the new face that was occupying my vision.

            “Umm…Hello.” I said wondering who this person was and why they were so close to me.

            “You’re new.” Was all he said and I waited for him to continue. When I realized he wasn’t I decided I would just speak up again.

            “Yes I am. I’m Kim Soohyun” I said simply introducing myself.

            “Hmm…We’ll see how long you last Kim Soohyun.” Was all he said before walking away from my desk and over to a group of people that he immediately started up a conversation with.

I would be lying if I said that, that encounter wasn’t weird but I was simply hoping that not all of the people in this school would be as weird as he was. Class started soon and the teacher explained to us what we should expect for the class for the upcoming year. This ended up being what all of my teachers did as the day continued thus making the day horribly boring.  Then lunch came.

            Now this should be the best part of the day but it really isn’t when you’re the new kid and everyone already has their group of friends. I got my tray of food and slowly scanned my eyes over all of the tables in the cafeteria in the hopes of finding someone else that was equally as alone as I was. My prayers must have been answered when I saw a girl sitting by herself. I didn’t even think about it as I walked straight over to her and sat down across from her. She looked up at me with a curious face. Probably wondering who I was and why I was now currently sitting across from her.

            “Hi, I’m Kim Soohyun” I said cheerfully hoping that she would respond kindly to me. I really wanted to make friends in my new school and if that meant I had to put myself out there well then so be it.

            “Hello. I’m Jun Eunji and I’m not interested.” She said as she lowered her head again to reading a piece of paper that I didn’t even notice was in her hands.

            “Umm… you’re not interested in what?” I asked trying to not let the conversation die.

She raised her right eyebrow and stared at me strangely before saying “You.”

I felt like I should have just got up and walked away because she obviously didn’t want to talk to me but something inside of me made me stay. I guess I felt like I would be giving up if I got up so soon.      

            “Well I can be very interesting if you got to know me.” I said keeping a smile on my face.

She let out a harsh sigh before removing her eyes from the paper to glare at me.”Listen Kim Soohyung…”

            “It’s Soohyun.”

            “Whatever. I don’t want to date you so I would appreciate it if you would stop hitting on me. Jeez it’s only the first day.” 

            “What?!” I blurted out and stared at her in disbelief. “You thought I was hitting on you?!”

            “Huh? You weren’t?”

            “No!” I said as I shook my head and waved my hands wildly in a “no” fashion.

            “Oh. Well I’m sorry, but if you don’t mind me asking, why are you sitting here then?” She asked me.

            “I’m new here and I don’t have any friends. I saw that you were sitting alone so I decided I could come over and talk to you.”

            “It makes sense now. Sorry for speaking so harshly to you before. I’m just tired of random guys hitting on me here.”

            “Wow you must be really popular then.”

            “I guess but it seems to be more that a lot of people here are envious of me. They don’t want to talk to me but admire me from afar.” She said as she let out a small chuckle. “Except for the guys. It’s not that I get asked out a lot just more than I would like to be. Again sorry for earlier.”

I waved it off and sent her a smile. “It’s ok. Sorry for being so random and coming up to you like I did.”

            “It’s nice to have someone to talk to though. I have friends but I can tell they don’t like to be around me too much since they don’t want to be compared to me.”

            “Is this school really like that?”

She nodded her head. “Yes. People are so competitive here and the last thing they want is to be compared to another student. Anyway let’s not talk about that. What are you here for?”

            “Acting.”

            “Ah I see. Acting isn’t as competitive as singing and dancing but there are still a couple of people you should be weary of.”

            “I think I’ll be fine. I mean I’m probably not that good anyway. I’ve never acted in anything before.”

            “Well you have to have some talent or they wouldn’t have let you into the school.” She said with a knowing gaze.

            “I guess that’s true. How about you? What are you studying here?”

            “Singing.”

            “You must have an amazing voice then.”

            “It’s ok. I can still use plenty of improvement.”

As soon as she finished her sentence the bell rang signaling that lunch was over.

            “Oh we have to go to class now. I guess I’ll see you around.” She said as she gathered her stuff and left. I quickly got my stuff together as well and then went on to my next class.

I was excited for my next class since it was my acting class. Once I found it I sat down in one of the chairs. The room was set up that it was simply three rows of black chairs with five chairs on each side of the aisle. I was sitting in the front row that how excited I was. More kids slowly started filing in and this one kid sat next to me. He had a cute child-like face and I was wondering how old he was. He seemed a little too young to be in high school. I didn’t notice that I was staring at him until he turned to me with a smile on his face.

            “Can you please stop staring at me? It’s sort of creeping me out.” He asked in a calm manner.

            “I’m sorry.” I said before turning back to the front of the room. He didn’t stop talking, however.

            “I’m Kim Sun Woong by the way. Anyway are you excited?” He asked in a cheery fashion.   

            “For this class? Yea I am.”

            “Me too! I heard that he is going to be our TA for the class.”

            “He? Who are you talking about?”

            “Wait have you not heard about it?”

I shook my head no. “I’m new here.”

            “I’m a freshman too but everyone who is anyone knows who he is! Jeez what rock did you come from?”

I was shocked at how informally this kid was speaking to me. Well I guess he must think I’m the same age as him but still. Before I could correct him the teacher walked into the room. He had certain of air about him that made me nervous to be around him but also made me want to get to know more about him.

            “Alright guys I will be your teacher. My name is Kim Jae Wook. You can call me Jae Wook. Don’t call me teacher, sir, or Mr. Kim. I swear I am not old enough to be any of those things but you also shouldn’t forget your formalities because I am also not your friend. So make sure to add the –ssi or –nim to the end of my name. Now I know you guys have already heard who the TA for this class is going to be and you must all be so excited to meet him. So how about I stop talking and just bring him out.”

He went to call the TA in and I was honestly curious at who this person could be. The guy came in and he seemed eerily familiar. Almost like I had met him before. I shook that thought away however. I mean I doubt I would ever forget such a good looking face. 

            The TA gave a smile to the class that made the girls swoon and the guys look on with envy. Heck it looked like some of the guys were falling for his charm as well. He was very handsome so I could understand and if I didn’t have Lay I would probably be captivated by his presence as well.

            “Hello. As most of you already know my name is Jang Geunseok and I will be your TA for the semester.” He introduced himself. The name sounded familiar and all of the sudden I remembered. He was the guy from the grocery store that helped me and Lay with our bags. As well as gave me his number. He wouldn’t still remember me though. Right? 


Ok so this update is long overdue. I'm sorry guys I've just been so busy and I have other fics going on. I hope this update isn't too bad even though nothing really happened. The next update things will get moving again. And I will try to update it in less than a month next time. Ok new characters time!

New Characters: 

Jung Eun-Ji (A-Pink)

Kim Sun Woong (Touch)

Kim Jae Wook (Actor)

Jang GeunSeok (Actor)

 

You still have to wait to know who the boy is that told Soohyun "We'll see how long you last." Anyway until next time!

~Lolo