I'm Not A Distraction

My Older Chinese Lover

The next morning I woke up to someone poking my cheek. I slowly opened my eyes to see Lay standing over me and smiling down at me. He was fully dressed and looked really good in his casual clothes. I smiled back up at him as I rubbed the last bit of sleep out of my eyes.

            “Good morning.” I whispered out my voice still laced with sleep.

            “Good morning.” He said back.

I sat up in the bed then and he leaned down to kiss my lips but I quickly turned my head away from him.

            “I have morning breath.” I said covering my mouth. He removed my hand from my mouth and kissed me anyway.

            “I don’t care.” He said as he ended the kiss. “I hate to do this though but you need to hurry up and get dressed.”

            “Do you have training today?”

He nodded his head. “I want to take you home first but we would need to leave like now so that I can make it back and head out with the group in time.”

I nodded my head in understanding and got up to start putting my clothes from last night back on. I was about to remove my shirt when I realized that Lay was still in the room.

            “Umm… I’ll go to the bathroom to change.” I said quickly as I took my clothes and ran to the bathroom. As I was changing I head banging on the door and got nervous. It was probably one of s and they needed to use the bathroom.

            “Who’s in there and why did you lock the door?! Other people need to get ready too!”

I finished putting on my clothes as fast as possible before opening the door. I came in contact with the very tall guy I had met before. If I remember correctly his name was Kris. I just bowed to him before running back into Lay’s room. I ended up accidently running into Lay since he was coming out of the room.

            “Whoa where’s the fire?” He said as he grabbed onto my arms to keep me falling.

            “It’s nothing. I just wanted to hurry for you.” I said as I regained my balance and smiled at him.

            “Alright. Well we might as well get going now.”

We left the dorm and went down to catch a taxi.

            “You’re not driving me back?”

            “No. I don’t want our manager to get pissed if he finds out I’ve been using his car.”

            “Makes sense.”

The taxi soon arrived to Key’s apartment and we both got out. He told the taxi not to leave yet because he would be getting back in. The guy said he didn’t care and would just keep the meter running. Lay pulled me into his arms and gave me a tight hug before planting a kiss on my lips.

            “Can I come and watch you practice today?” I asked him after he ended the kiss.

            “Hmm… I don’t know. I guess it should be alright as long as you don’t get in the way.”

            “I promise I won’t.” I said as I held onto him tighter and begged him to let me come.

            “Alright, alright. You can come by then. I won’t be able to hang out with you too much though and you might be bored.”

            “It’s ok. As long as I can be around you I don’t mind.”

He then leaned down and kissed me again before ruffling my hair.

            “You’re really cute did you know that?”

            “I’m not that cute.” I said blushing and looking away from his gaze.          

            “Yes you are. I have to go now though but I’ll see you later ok?”

I gave him a quick kiss before nodding my head. He got back inside of the taxi and I waited for him to drive off before heading up to the apartment. When I got in front of the door I realized that I didn’t take a key with me when I left last night. I was just hoping that either Jonghyun or Key would be awake to hear me knock. Kibum hyung ended up opening the door for me and he looked at me strangely.

            “Soohyun where’s Jonghyun?” He asked me as I made my way towards the kitchen.

            “Huh?” I asked confused as I grabbed an apple out of the fridge and started munching on it. I didn’t get to eat anything before heading over so I was a little hungry.

            “Jonghyun. Wasn’t he with you?”

            “No. Why would he be with me hyung?”

            “Then where were you?”  He asked me. I hesitated a bit because I wasn’t sure if I should tell him I was with Lay or not. He was really pissed at him last night and I knew he wouldn’t be happy to know that I was with him but we made up so it should be fine. Right?

            “I…I was with Lay.” I ended up whispering it out since I was still worried about how he would react. In the end I was right, he blew up at me once he found out I was with him.

            “Why were you with that ?! After the way he treated you, you dared to…”

            “He apologized!!” I exclaimed before letting Kibum continue to bad mouth him. I calmed myself down though before speaking again. “He apologized hyung. Everything is fine between the two of us.” I said in a much lower tone.

            “Soohyun when exactly did you meet with Lay?” He asked me.

            “L-Last night.” I said putting my head down and the apple in my hand long forgotten. He probably noticed that I was wearing the same thing as yesterday.

            “Did you spend the night with him?”

I nodded my head again. He sighed heavily before speaking again.

            “Did he do anything to you?”

            “No! We just cuddled and talked! That’s it!” I answered quickly as I felt my face turning red. He probably thought we had or something last night.

            “Alright. Calm down. I’m still not happy that you’re with him again but I guess as long as he doesn’t hurt you again it will be fine. Just please, next time when you go out let someone know and don’t just leave like that.”

            “Ok hyung. I’m going to go take a shower now.” I said as I quickly walked away from the kitchen and went into the bathroom.

            After finishing my shower I quickly got dressed, grabbed my wallet and headed out to go and meet Lay at his company building. As I was walking out Key stopped me.

            “Where are you going Soohyun?”

            “I’m going to meet up with Lay. I’ll be back later hyung.”

            “Alright. Have fun.” He said and then I was on my way out.

It took about 25 minutes to arrive there by taxi. Once I got there I texted Lay to let him know I was there. He came out to the front desk and gave me a quick hug.

            “Come on, I have to get back to dance practice.” He said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me along with him. We entered the dance studio and everyone turned to face us as we walked through the door.

            “Lay who is this?” The dance instructor I believe asked him.

            “Just a friend who wants to sit in a watch. He won’t get in the way I promise.”

            “Alright. He better not distract you. Now everyone let’s do it again from the top.”

Lay walked me over to one side of the room and sat me down.

            “I have to go practice now.” He said and then gave me a quick peck before joining the group.

I watched as all 12 members danced and followed the instructors’ steps. They were all so good and barely made any mistakes. At least that I saw. The instructor always found something wrong but I just felt like he was being too hard on them. They seemed to practice for forever and soon I felt myself nodding off.

            The next thing I knew I felt something cold against my face and I jerked awake. I jumped back slightly when I saw this guy so close to my face. He was really good looking but he wasn’t Lay. I then started to look around the room for Lay.

            “Lay not here right now. He had to go and do something real quick.” He said as he handed me the bottle of water in his hand. His deep voice caught me off guard though. It didn’t match his face.

            “I’m Chanyeol by the way.” He introduced himself.

            “Umm…Soohyun.”

            “You’re adorable Soohyun. How old are you?” He asked as he sat down next to me and opened a bag of cookies to start munching on them.

            “15.”

            “Ah I’m your hyung then. You’re even younger than our maknaes.” He said as he continued to eat his cookies.

            “Oh do you want one?” He asked.

I shook my head and he just continued to eat happily. Soon the Kris came over to us and said something to Chanyeol in his ear. The next thing I knew Chanyeol was heading over towards the other members and Kris was sitting down next to me.

            “Umm…Hello.” I said as I bowed my head to him.

            “Listen, I don’t know exactly how serious this little fling between you and Lay is but you should stay away from him. He doesn’t have time for relationships right now since we are training for our debut and I don’t want you brining him down.”

Kris than stood up and left me there shocked by what he said. He was about to walk away but instead he turned back to me.

            “Oh and one more thing if you’re only dating him for money we don’t make any right now and I won’t let you take advantage of him when we do start making money.” He then walked away from me.

I couldn’t believe that he actually thought that I was just with Lay for money. Or that our relationship wasn’t serious. Was I bringing him down though? Was him being with me affecting his performance?

            “Hello earth to Soohyun.”

I soon snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Lay calling my name.

            “Oh Lay you’re back.”

            “I’ve been calling your name for a while now. What are you thinking about so hard that you didn’t hear me?”

            “Oh it’s nothing.”

            “Ok. I noticed you dozed off earlier. I told you it would be boring if you came.”

            “No it wasn’t boring. You all dance really well. I was just tired.”

            “Oh…do you want to go back then?”

I quickly shook my head. “I want to stay with you until you’re finished.”

            “Alright everyone your break is over! Let’s take it from the top.”

            “I have to go back now.”

I nodded my head. “Go then.” He gave me a peck on the cheek before running back over to the group.

            After a couple of more hours of dancing they were finally done for the day. He came over to me and plopped done besides me. I took a towel from his bag that he left besides me and began wiping the sweat off of his face.

            “You’re really tired aren’t you?”

            “Yea. I feel like I can’t move another muscle in my body. I’m sorry that I really couldn’t spend time with you today.”

            “Well the days not completely over yet. How about I come with you back to the dorm and make you dinner? How does that sound?”

            “That sounds amazing.” He said as he hugged my tight.

            “Eww you’re sweaty.” I said trying to push him away.

            “Embrace my sweatiness! Embrace it!” He said as he hugged me tighter. We ended up in a laughing fit.

I got into their van with them as they were getting ready to leave. Everyone looked at me strangely and Kris even glared at me.

            “Lay what is he doing here?”

            “He’s coming back to the dorm with us.”

            “No he’s not. You need your rest and you can’t get it if you have your plaything with you.”

            “Kris don’t talk about Soohyun like that! He’s my boyfriend not a plaything. Anyway he’s making me dinner tonight so he’s coming over.”

            “We’re not supposed to have people in our dorms anymore now that we’re getting closer to debuting and you know that Lay.”

I was currently just sitting on Lay’s lap while he argued with Kris. I didn’t want to have them fight within the group because of me so I slowly started to get off of Lay’s lap.

            “Where are you going Soohyun?”

            “Maybe it would be best if I didn’t come over.”

He pulled me back onto his lap and hugged me close to his chest.

            “No, you’re coming over. You promised me dinner and I would love to taste whatever you plan on making.”

            “But I don’t want you to fight…” I said lowly so that only Lay could here.

            “Don’t worry about that. He’s just mad because he doesn’t have someone as cute as you who loves him.” He said as he kissed my forehead.

I just leaned my head against his chest as we started to head to their dorm. I really couldn’t understand why Kris hated me so much but I was determined to change his opinion of me and show him that I was good enough for Lay and not just a distraction.


I actually have no idea what the I just wrote. Let's just hope it's not complete crap. But yea anyway this story is now off of it hiatus and I'm officially back guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and see you next time.

~Lolo

P.S Kris is being a major here isn't he?