Forgive

My Older Chinese Lover

When I arrived to school I went to the theater. I hadn’t been there since my audition and I had the urge to go there again. It seemed a lot less intimidating when there weren’t three judges sitting there staring at you. The main reason that I decided to go to the theater; however, was to find Geunseok. I still couldn’t believe that he sent that text this morning and I was ready to let him have it. When I didn’t see him, I left the theater and started searching the building. The first place I decided to go was the room that my acting class was held in. I figured since he was the TA he might be hiding out there for a while until school started. Luckily for me he was there because I really didn’t feel like searching the whole school.

            He was sitting, writing something. Geunseok didn’t even notice that I entered the room until I was standing right in front of the desk. That’s when he looked up and once he noticed it was me, gave me a bright smile.

            “Soohyun-ah, it’s so nice to see your face so early in the morning.”

            “Cut the crap hyung. Why did you send that message to me this morning?”

          “Message? Oh you mean my good morning text. Well I just wanted you to start your day off thinking of me,” he said and I had to hold myself back from exploding.

            “Well thanks to you, my boyfriend and I had a fight this morning. He thinks I’m cheating on him!” 

            “Oh, you slept with him last night? Or do you live together? And why did he go through your phone anyway? It sounds to me that he doesn’t trust you.”

            I let out a soft sigh before pushing a loose strand of hair back into place. “Please hyung, just don’t send me anymore messages like that. My boyfriend and I have a very good relationship and I would like to keep it that way.”

            “Sure. Whatever you want, but just remember that if you guys do break up I’m here.”

            I turned away from Geunseok and was about to walk out the classroom when Geunseok called my name. “Soohyun-ah! Don’t be angry with me, you know you look a lot cuter when you smile.”

            That was the final straw. I let out a huff before leaving to go to homeroom. The rest of the school day actually went by without any problems. Even in my acting class because the teacher told us to pair up with someone in the class to perform our lines. Since the class has an odd number of students, one student had to perform with Geunseok and I made sure it wasn’t me. So I quickly teamed up with Sun Woong, who didn’t seem to happy because he wanted to be with Geunseok but he’ll get over it. This was about my survival. Ok, maybe I’m being a bit dramatic but I just really didn’t want to have to perform these lines with Geunseok again, especially after that kiss yesterday.

            Geunseok didn’t seem too happy that he wasn’t paired up with me but I ignored his stares throughout the class. After school he stopped me as I was walking out of the gates, however.

            “Soohyun-ah, are you going home now?”

            “No,” I said as I started heading for my bus stop.

            “Oh, then where are you going? I figured we could hang out today, just as friends though.”

            I couldn’t understand why he was being so persistent about hanging out with me especially since he could easily have almost anyone in the entire school. At least that’s what Sun Woong has told me, but as he continued to follow me I really couldn’t see what made him so popular. I mean yea, he’s cute and he can act but he was starting to get annoying.

            “I’m going to meet my boyfriend hyung. So can you please stop following me?”   

            “Aren’t you guys fighting?”  

            “No, we just had a misunderstanding that I’m going to clear up right now.”

            “Well good luck. Plus I wasn’t really following you. I have to take the bus to get home too you know. What do you think I am? Some kind of stalker?”

            I immediately felt like an idiot. Of course he had to take the bus just like a bunch of other students did. “Sorry. I shouldn’t have assumed…”

            “It’s fine.” He cut me off. Luckily my bus arrived first because an awkward silence was settling in the air. As I got on line to get on the bus he called out to me. “I’ll see you tomorrow!” He said and I waved him off as I got on.

            This wasn’t the normal bus I took to go home but that’s because I wasn’t going home. I was heading straight to see Lay. I couldn’t stand to have him mad at me and wanted to clear the air as soon as possible. My stop soon came up and before I knew it I was standing in front of the receptionist at SM Entertainment.

            “Hello. May I help you?”

            “Yes. I am here to visit a trainee. Zhang Yixing.”

            “Hmm… he’s probably in one of the practice rooms. I call him out for you.” She then sent a message out of the intercom system telling Lay to come to the front desk. “He should be here soon.”

            “Thank you.” I moved away from the desk, leaned against a wall, and waited. Only then did I realize that I could have simply called him on his cell phone. I never said I was the smartest tool in the shed.

            It didn’t take Lay long to come out. He noticed me quickly and came over to where I was standing. He was wearing sweatpants and a black tank top. It looked like he just came from dance practice. I didn’t plan to take up a lot of his time since I knew he was busy because their debut was getting closer each day. I just wanted to apologize and leave.

            “Soohyun, what are you doing here?” He asked once he moved us to a slightly more private place to talk.

            “I’m sorry for taking you out of your rehearsal but I had to come down and apologize for this morning. I shouldn’t have yelled and ran out on you like that.”

            “It’s ok. I shouldn’t have jumped to conclusions. I know you wouldn’t cheat on me. It’s just that you’re so adorable and I don’t see you as often as I would like. So sometimes I get nervous that you might have found someone else that has more time to spend with you.”           

            “Should I be the one that’s nervous? I mean you’re around gorgeous idols, or soon to be idols all the time. Anyone of them could steal you away from me.”

            “Well that’s not going to happen because I’m yours and yours alone.”        

            “Same here. Anyway, I just came because I couldn’t stand the thought of you being mad at me but I’m going to go and let you get back to practice.”

            “Alright. Hey, can I come over tonight for a little while after I’m done?”

            “I would like that. You still have the key I gave you right?”

            “Yep, I always keep it with me on my key ring,” Lay said with a smile on his face.

            “Well, then I guess I’ll see you later,” I said and started to walk away when Lay took hold of my wrist.

            “Are you going to leave without giving me a good bye kiss?”

            “We shouldn’t though. I mean anyone could be watching…”   

            “Let them watch then. I want my kiss,” he said as he pursed his lips waiting for me to kiss him. I let out a small chuckle before planting a small kiss on his lips.

            “I’m going to go. You better show up tonight!”

            “Don’t worry, I will,” Lay said as he waved me off. I waved back before heading out of the building with a smile on my face. I was glad that we were able to make up so easily. He really was the best guy for me. 


I'm sorry that I haven't updated this in like forever. I'm also sorry that this chapter is also short but it's longer than the last one so at least there's that. I hope this chapter was up to you guys standards and that you enjoyed it. 

~Lolo