Resolved Issues

My Older Chinese Lover

It was about 8pm and I was having dinner with Kibum and Jonghyun hyung. I was just about finished with my food when there was a knock at the door.

            “I’ll get it hyung. I’m finished with my food anyway.” I said as I stood from the table. I went to the door and when I opened it I saw Lay standing there. My eyes went wide in shock because I didn’t expect for him to show up here.

            “L-Lay…What are you doing here?” I asked when I could finally find my words.

            “Well you wouldn’t answer any of my calls or texts all day. Plus you left me that weird vague note and just left last night. Did you really think I wasn’t going to come and find you? Especially when both you and I know that we really need to talk.”

I could tell from Lay’s facial expression, body language, and tone of voice that he wasn’t all too happy with me. Before I could even respond Kibum hyung came up behind me.

            “He doesn’t want to talk to you though. So you can just go back to your dorm and when he feels like seeing you he’ll call you.” Hyung said and I could tell he was holding back his words because it really seemed like he wanted to curse Lay out and slam the door in his face. He probably was trying to be civil though for me.

            “Key this is none of your damn business so you need to shut up.” Lay snapped at him and I just knew that all hell was about to break loose. I slowly turned to my brother and sure enough he looked like he was about to explode. I didn’t want that to happen so before he could I slowly put my hands up to his chest and pushed him away from the door and further into the apartment.

            “It’s ok hyung. I’ll handle this so you just go back with Jonghyun hyung and finish your dinner. Ok?” I said trying to calm him down. He still looked like he was about to stab Lay in the face but he backed off.

            “Ok But if you come back crying I’m going to CHOP HIS BALLS OFF!” He screamed the last part out just so Lay could hear. I only nodded before getting my sneakers to leave with Lay.

            We only walked outside and were standing right in front of the apartment building. As soon as we were outside he crossed his arms and just stared at me. I looked back at him wondering why he was looking at me like that.

            “What?” I said.

            “Speak.” He said bluntly

            “What am I a dog?” I asked starting to get a little annoyed with his attitude.

He stayed silent and I was really close to going back inside. He continued to give me this silent attitude so I turned around to go back inside. Before I could get far he quickly grabbed my arm.

            “Where are you going?”

            “Inside. If you’re going to keep acting like this I might as well leave.”

            “I just want to talk to you.”

            “About what?” I asked knowing very well what he wanted to talk about.

            “I don’t know. Maybe about why you haven’t been answering my calls and texts all day. We can start with that.”

I let out a small sigh. “It’s because I didn’t want to talk to you?”

            “Why? What did I do to you that made you not want to talk to me? Then you left me that note saying that we need space…Soohyun do you want to break up with me?”

I shook my head no. My timid personality quickly taking back over.

            “Then what is it? Why are you ignoring me..? Is it because of last night?”

            “A little…” I said quietly not really knowing what I should say. I felt like I was showing my true colors that I was really only a little kid. Before even speaking Lay pulled me into his arms and hugged me tightly.

            “I’m sorry Soohyun. I’ll tell you over and over that I’m sorry for that if it will make you feel better. I tried to force you to do something that you didn’t want to and I shouldn’t have. So please can you stop ignoring me?” He asked as he pulled back slightly from the hug.

            “It’s not just that though Lay…”

            “Why else are you ignoring me then? Just tell me what I did wrong and I’ll fix it.”

            “I just feel like I’m getting in the way of your training…and I don’t want to bring you down. You should be focusing on that and not me!” I screamed out and started crying. I didn’t want to cry but I also didn’t want him to stop being with and loving me. I knew he needed to focus on his career though. I soon felt warm hands on my face that were softly wiping away my tears.

            “Soohyun why are you crying baby?”           

            “Because like I said you need to focus on your training and not me but I also don’t want you to leave me.” I said as I put my head down. Lay brought my head back up to look at him, He had a small smile on his face but before I could ask him what the smile was for he placed his lips on top of mine in a soft kiss.

            “Soohyun I’m not going to leave you ok. Plus my training is going fine. You’re not holding me back in anyway. So please just stop thinking like this baby. It makes me sad to see you cry.” He said as he wiped the last few tears from my face.

            “But look at where you are right now? You’re here with me when you could be sleeping or practicing some more.”

            “And this is the only place I want to be right now.”

            “This shouldn’t be the place you want to be though. I just want you to be the best that you can be and you can’t do that with me holding you back. Plus I can’t be by your side. You have idol looks and I’m just barely average. I don’t deserve to have someone like you…”

            “So are we ending our relationship?” He asked hesitantly. I shook my head to answer his question. Even though I wanted him to focus on his career I was selfish. I didn’t want to give him up. I knew he could find some better than me but I wasn’t going to let him go. I loved him too much.

            “We just can’t meet as much as we do now. How about we only meet two times a week?” That way we can still each other and if people see us together they will only think we’re friends when he becomes famous.

            “Only two times?!” He exclaimed. I nodded my head.

            “Friday’s and Saturday’s. I mean school is going to start for me again soon too so…”

            “But only two times.”

            “Lay! You need to stop worrying about me and start practicing harder. I love you and I want to see you succeed. It will be fine I promise.”I said and for the first time in our relationship I felt like I was the older one.

            “You’re not going to miss me?”

            “Of course I will but I’ll always have those two days to look forward to.”

            “Ok.” He reluctantly agreed before giving me another peck on the lips. “And you do deserve me. There’s no one else in the world better for me than you.”

            “I’m not hot like you though. My looks are average at best like I said so…” He cut me off with a kiss.

            “Stop thinking like that. You’re beautiful Soohyun and someone would have to be blind not to notice your beauty. I’m sort of scared to have you going to school. I know people are going to hit on you and I don’t want you to get taken away from me.”

I let out a small chuckle. “That will never happen.”

            “You’ll see but you better tell them all you have a handsome, talented, gorgeous, wonderful, perfect…”

            “How long are you going to keep going?” I said slightly hitting him.

            “What?”

            “Don’t worry I’ll tell them all I have a gorgeous and perfect boyfriend that I love.”

            “Good.”

We talked for a little while longer before he had to leave to go back to his dorm for curfew. After sharing a kiss goodbye he drove off (in his managers’ car) and I watched until the car disappeared. I was glad that our problem was solved so quickly but I started wondering how long our relationship would actually last.


Sorry, sorry, sorry naega naega nae... I seemed to have drifted off topic. Anyway I'm sorry about not updating this in like forever and then giving you such a short chapter but stuff is going to start heating up with this couple very shortly. Hope you all enjoyed and see you next time.

~Lolo