Not So Happy Reunion

My Older Chinese Lover

I woke up to rays of sun hitting my face as it came in through the blinds. I slowly turned away from it as it was disturbing my sleep. I was about to go back to sleep until I realized that I was in Kibum hyungs apartment because my mom kicked me out. Remembering that brought back all of the memories from yesterday. The way she yelled at me and basically disowned me her only son. I felt my eyes watering up because even though she had treated me so horribly yesterday I couldn’t deny the fact that she was still my mother. I held back my tears though and slowly pulled myself out of bed to get ready for the day.

            Oh for those of you that might not know who I am my name is Kim Soohyun. The elder brother that I’m staying with or more like my elder half-brother is Kim Kibum. He’s a stylist, or was a stylist, now I think he’s opening up his own salon or something. I wouldn’t really know because my mother had forbidden me to talk to him because he is gay. As you can probably tell my mother doesn’t like homouals at all, hence the reason I am now living with my brother and his boyfriend. His boyfriend is Kim Jonghyun, you know the idol? Yea, that’s him. That’s actually how I met my boyfriend Lay. He brought me with him to work one day, since I told him I wanted to be an actor; I really think the reason was because Kibum didn’t want me staying here alone.

            Anyway Lay’s older than me by about six years. You might think it’s a lot but we don’t even notice the age difference when we hang out. Also he’s training to become an idol. I think he really has talent, especially when he dances, and that he will go far. Oh and he’s Chinese, his actually name is Yixing but Lay is like his stage name. Come to think of it I might actually start calling him by his real name, he would probably like that. Unfortunately I know I will screw up the pronunciation but hey I might as well try. That’s my back story though. Not all that interesting right? I know but my last 15 years of life, oh I’m 15 by the way I don’t think I mentioned that earlier. Anyway they have been uneventful to say the least. My mother planned out my whole future for me and I just went along with whatever she wanted but now I’m making my future. My and Lay’s future that is. Moving on now.

            After I showered and got ready for the day I went into the kitchen to make myself a bowl of cereal. I saw that Jonghyun-ssi was already awake and dressed as well, also eating a bowl of cereal in the dining room.

            “Good morning Jonghyun-ssi.”

            “Oh Soohyun you’re up and I told you already that you can call me hyung alright. I mean I am marrying your brother soon you might as well get used to it.”

            “Alright…hyung.”

He smiled at me and I went into the kitchen to prepare my breakfast. When I came out I sat at the table with Jonghyun and started to eat.

            “Soohyun I’m sorry about what happened. I heard about it from Key.” Jonghyun spoke up suddenly.

I looked up at him and gave him a small smile.

            “It’s ok. I mean I can’t do anything about it now right? I’m just happy I have a place to stay.”

            “Of course you have a place to stay! We would never turn you away. Does Lay know you’re back yet?”

I shook my head. “I haven’t been able to get in touch with him.”

            “I see. Well he’s been really busy with training with the rest of his group. I feel like our company is working those boys to death but they expect them to be the next big thing.”

            “Well I’m confident that Lay will be amazing. Umm…hyung?”

            “Yes Soohyun.”

            “Do you think I could maybe come to work with you today? I would really like to see Lay and I figured if I came with you I would be able to.”   

            “You’re actually right. I have a vocal lesson with Lay today. I’ll cut the lesson short by about ten minutes so you guys can talk or make out.”

            “Ah! Hyung!!” I said covering my reddening face.

            “What? I’m not judging you. I was a teenager not that long ago. I know about your raging emotions and hormones and how…”

            “Please hyung. Please just stop talking!” My face was probably as red as a cherry tomato. Just then Kibum hyung emerged from his room and looked at both Jonghyun and I strangely.

            “Jonghyun why is Soohyun face so red?” Kibum hyung asked.

            “Huh? How would I know?”  Jonghyun answered with a smirk and I just glared at him.

            “Whatever. Anyway Soohyun-ah do you want to hang out with your hyung today?” He asked me.

            “Ah hyung I was actually going to work with Jonghyun today.”

            “What? Don’t tell me you’re starting to love him more than me.” He said as he came over to me and hugged my head. I just chuckled and pushed him away so I can breathe easily again.

            “No hyung. I’m only going because he has a vocal lesson with Lay and I wanted to see him since he hasn’t responded to my calls.”

            “He still hasn’t answered you?”

I shook my head. “But like Jonghyun said he’s probably just busy.”

            “Let’s hope that’s the reason or I’m going to have to beat someone else up. Two people in the same month, the things I do for the people I love.” He said as he shook his head and cracked his knuckles.

            “Hyung who did you beat up?”

            “Don’t worry about it Soohyun-ah. Let’s get going.”

I quickly took a couple of more spoonfuls of my cereal before throwing on my shoes and heading out of the door with Jonghyun hyung. When we got to the building we went straight to the practice room. It has a piano and a couple of chairs scattered around, nothing more than that. It’s pretty simple but you wouldn’t expect much considering they only hold vocal lessons here.

            “I have one vocal lesson before Lay’s so you’re going to have to wait for a little while.”

            “That’s fine. I don’t mind watching the vocal lessons.”

Soon a guy came in and he had large eyes like a deer. It was adorable on his small face though. He greeted Jonghyun in Korean but Jonghyun responded in Chinese. I guess he was one of the few Chinese members that Lay had been talking about that one time. I listened in on his vocal lesson and he actually had a very good voice. I then mentally smacked myself. I mean of course he does. He’s training to be an idol for a reason and it’s not only because he’s pretty.

            When his lesson ended I could feel myself getting excited. I was about to see Lay soon, yea I had to wait for his lesson was over until we could speak but we would be in the same room after so long. I slowly started to remember the last time we were together. It was when my mom dragged me out of Kibum hyung’s apartment and Lay helped me pack. We didn’t spend that much time packing though. I remember the feel of his lips on my skin, the feeling of his hands on my body and how every place he seemed to touch burned in a good way. I already know you guys head is in the gutter so let me clarify now that we didn’t have . We might have if my mother wasn’t right in the living room but we stopped before it got to even removing any clothes. Still I can remember that day like it was yesterday.

            As I was daydreaming and reliving old memories Lay walked into the room. I sat up straighter and waved to him. He didn’t wave back though. Maybe he didn’t see. His lesson then started and I got to listen to his beautiful voice again. This time it was for real and not through a phone speaker. I have to admit he wasn’t the best singer in the world and I have heard better but his voice was still calming and he had a nice tone. Plus he was a better dancer than anything. I’ve never seen someone dance like him. Jonghyun ended his lesson early like he promised me and I got ready to get up and go over to Lay.

            “We’re ending early?” Lay asked.

            “Yea. I figured I would give you and Soohyun some time alone. You have about ten minutes so you guys can’t do anything freaky but it’s enough time to get reacquainted.”

I then started to walk over but stopped when I heard the next words come out of Lay’s mouth.

            “Why are you ending my lesson early for a stupid reason like that?! I have a vocal lesson for an hour and should be given the full hour just like everyone else!”

I was surprised by his outburst. Was he not happy to see me?

            “Lay just calm down ok. I will give you the rest of your vocal lesson if you like.” Jonghyun said going back to sit at the piano.

Lay let out a ‘tsk’ sound and shook his head in frustration. “Just forget it! I’m going to go to dance practice now.”

            I then reached my hand out to grab onto his arm. I didn’t realize I stopped him until I saw him not moving. I knew that I didn’t want him to leave and it seems like my body reacted to that thought. He though shook his way out of my grip.

            “Soohyun I don’t have time to play with you right now. So you should just go home.” He said before storming out of the practice room.

Before I knew it I had warm tears slowly making their way down my face. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see Jonghyun standing next to me. He noticed my tears and quickly pulled me into an embrace as I started to sob into his shirt.

            Is that all Lay thought it was? Playing? All the kisses and hugs we shared? All the words we said to each other? All of the ‘I love you’s?’ Was that all just him playing around with me? Why would he say something like that to me? Was I really nothing but a toy to entertain him? I thought all of these things as I continued to cry into Jonghyun’s chest. He rubbed soothing circles on my back and shushed me.

            “Shh it’s going to be ok Soohyun. I’m sure Lay has a very good reason for the way he just acted just now.  If he doesn’t…” He let out a sigh. “Well then Key will really kill him this time. Like they say, three strikes and you’re out. This was your third strike Lay.”


What is this?! I'm giving you guys another spinoff?! What am i doing with my life?! Now I have three stories going on at the same time. Anyway this is for any of you that like the SooLay couple and want to know what's going on with them. I feel like I'm the only one that loves them (maybe just Soohyun) so I had to write this to make me happy. Let's just hope Soohyun will end up happy in the end.

~Lolo

PS New readers I welcome you and hope you enjoy! ^_^