Let me be the one : Luhan vs. Kris

I'm all about you, Xiumin

 

EXO-M, on the way back to their dorm from recording an interview..

..

“ Hey.. quiet down a little bit, Minseokie hyung is sleeping…” Chen or Jongdae who is sitting next to Minseok at the last row of the van made a Shh sound to Lay and Luhan who is getting louder with the topic they are on.

“ oh..sorry..” that’s from Lay, the boy looked back at the back seat observed his big hyung then smile.

“ Minseok-hyung looks even younger when he is asleep..” and reach his finger to touch the chubby cheek lightly. Luhan snapped Lay’s hand back.

“ you will wake him..”  Whispered to the younger…. Actually he just doesn’t want no one to touch his precious Baozi.

“ He stayed up late every night with his Chinese lesson… he must be tired..” Tao, who’s sitting at the seat behind the driver talk to the serious look boy besides him.

“ let him sleep, quiet down you guys…” Kriss said just a sentence as he always does, and all the boys are in control. Luhan look back at Xiumin again, seeing his best friend in deep sleep leaning on Chen’s shoulder, can he imply that he’s in a super jealous mood. Xiumin keeps stuck with Chen ever since they transferred to China. Whatever got into Xiumin’s mind, the only one who has priority to hear is just Chen. It’s not like Xiumin always complain or anything, but because he barely says about his mind, when he start to say the one who suppose to be there should be him, but it’s Chen instead, such fact gave Luhan more jealousy.

..

After a while the van brought all six boys back to their dorm. The dorm is three floors building, the first floor is for living room, dinning room and kitchen. The second floor has 2 bed rooms with one bathroom installed, one room belongs to Luhan and Lay, another one belongs to Xiumin & Tao. The third floor is just the same as second floor, one room for the manager and another is for Kris and Chen. The way they choose who staying with who is just as simple as always, rock-paper-scissor, the winner can choose the room they want to stay. The first who won was Kris, he chose the room on the third floor, second who won was Luhan, he select the room on second floor nearest to the bathroom. The third who picked the room was Xiumin, he chose the room on the second floor, so one room left over is for manager hyung. Then it’s turn for other three to pick who they want to roommate with. Tao won the first place and chose Xiumin with no second thought, then Lay picked Luhan from the reason that he don’t want to climb up third floor, last is Chen with no choice, has to roommate with Kris.

“ alright, let’s hop for dinner!” Manager hyung is still in cheerful mode. But all of them looked back at the big hyung.

“ Kyunnie hyung, can we ride another round?? We feel sorry to wake him up..” delicate boy Tao said to the manager and other nodded to the comment.

“ right, if we go into the dorm, he will just start his hyper activities again, no way he will rest peacefully like this..” Chen whispered what he thought, afraid the older boy will wake up. That’s that.. Xiumin always get to bed late but be the first to wake up, most of his free times spend with Chinese lesson and music study.

Before who else can offer other comments, the one in the attention started moving and open his cute eyes.

“ oh..my..god..” Lay whispered….

Xiumin lifted his head up, still half asleep then looked around at all men in curious..

“ what?...why you guys look at me like that?? What’s wrong??..” the baby face hyung tilted his head to the side, but no one answers. Just the silence and all of them started to smile…

“ what??? “ the same person still asked the same question, his eyes widen then blinked rapidly…so cute!! Luhan laughed out loud.

“ nothing Minseok-ah, just we are preparing to leave the van, alright let’s go for dinner!!..” baby deer shouted lively and all of them dashed out of the van. Xiumin was the last person coming out, he stretched a little bit, looked around the place then sighed to himself.

“ ahh… it’s China…” …. Small words left the red lips. Xiumin always behaves this way when all of them get back to the dorm, even he is 22 years old now but some childish part inside still driving his mind to miss home. Whenever he sleeps on the way back in the van, the same dream appears like it has no end, the dream of Seoul city, the city that the houses are built along the hills in the central of civilized downtown, the roads those are not even, some go straight up the hill or some slide down in 70 degrees. Yes.. he missed home.

“ Minsoek-ah, hurry!! “ Kris waited for him at the door, called him back from his thought.

“ oh..ok…” then walked to the person who had his hand out waiting to hold the eldest’s hand

“ you look tired..” Kris grabbed Xiumin’s hand and pulled him to walk in together, Xiumin shook his head for the question.

“ not really, I’m fine “… then tried to get his hand back but Kris didn’t let go. Tall boy pulled the eldest to stop walking and guided him to the bench in front of the house. Luhan who stared from afar, his face messed from jealousy. Lay was busy preparing the food  called for help but Luhan didn’t move a bit, still froze at the door way and gave pierce stare to the two out side.

“ Yah!! Luhan, I said  bring the foods out!! “ …so the person startled,  quickly walked to the kitchen.

“ what are you doing there, we need to get table ready so we can go to bed early…but.. what?.. where are the others? won’t they eat??..”  Lay started nagging non stop till Tao walked down from second floor and Chen walked back from the restroom. Only Kris and Xiumin are not coming in yet. Luhan helped to bring the dishes out, so did Chen and Tao.

“ Where is Minseok hyung and Duizhang??..” Tao looked here and there for the two hyungs, but no where to be founded.

“ still outside…” Luhan answered in his foul mood. Lay noticed the change in the second eldest hyung voice then looked up to check his expression, seeing Luhan bit his lower lip in displease, Lay chuckled at it.

“ go check on them then, tell them the dinner is ready..” … Lay knows well enough that Luhan obsessed with the big hyung, he also admires their friendship like that. Luhan is easy to get jealous but try keeping it not to show. Since they are roommate, the younger understands how Luhan feels. Xiumin hyung as a friend, Luhan loves him dearly, in other way Xiumin is a month older than Luhan, so the same time he is Luhan’s only hyung. That’s the reason for Luhan’s possessive attitude.

“ they may have something to discuss..” Luhan still denied to interfere.. Lay shook his head.

“ I know, but not at dinner time. Go get them already, Tao can eat a horse now..”  grinned to his pretty hyung, so Luhan walked out the door way.

..

The two boys still talking, the tall one sat on a bench looking up to another one, his big hand holding Xiumin’s hand tightly. The short boy stood still, his face turned other direction.

“ you miss home?..” deep low voice asked in concern, the eldest kept in silence. The tall boy looked at him with his warm gaze.

“ we will fly back for the fan sign event soon..” Kris continued his talk, Xiumin just nodded, his eyes looked over to the road. Kris followed the sight.

“ The roads are not the same as in Seoul, right?” … the words went right through Xiumin’s mind. Short boy looked back at Kris in surprised.

“ I was like this too when I first went to Korea in trainee’s days, I knew how it feels, when you see all the roads but none of them can bring you home.” .. This leader, he may look cold from the appearance but to his friends, he is the most warmhearted person. Xiumin nodded again, felt his eyes started burning. Kris hold Xiumin’s other hand and put those two hands together.

“ I know it’s hard at the beginning, but it will get better.. right? you have me.. and all of them brats..” ..at this point he smile sweetly, Xiumin slightly smile at him too, tried to restrain his tear.

“ you can tell me your worries.., you can say to me if you miss home, I said that to you too when I was there…”.. grabbed the soft small hands tighter.

“ If it’s too hard to bear.., just let us know…don’t keep it all to yourself, we love you more than you ever think…ok?..” …then slowly dropped down his friend’s hands. Kris stood up, used his pretty finger wipe the amount of tear off Xiumin’s face.

“…” the eldest still didn’t say a thing. He never expected himself to be this weak, or else… because the person in front of him is so warm…  warm enough to melt his frozen tear, he can’t remember the last time he cried since it’s too long to remember. But just this once, with one of his best friends.

“ thank you Yi Fan…you are the best leader indeed” he rarely call Kris by this name, only when they are alone together.

Luhan who just walked out the door, looked at those two in surprised. He saw clearly that Xiumin is crying, so he rushed there.

“what’s wrong???..” asked with his widen eyes. Xiumin looked at him with shine smile.

“ dust got into my eyes, Kris helped me out…I’m good now…” …Luhan knew his friend was lying, but what’s the point of asking when one didn’t want to tell.

“ alright, good that it’s not serious… Lay set the table already. We should go now..” …he looked at Kris, who nodded to him to bring Xiumin inside. Kris stood there alone when two friends went inside already.

“ would he be alright….” Murmured to himself…. Still so worry over his little friend…

After the meal all the member gathered in the living room as usual, talking about their daily activities, discussing and sharing every thought. The leader brings in the issue and asks the members for the comments, that’s how it goes for their team work.

“ Ok now, we are all good. Do you guys have other idea or comment on anything??” Kris asked all of them as usual, normally there will be Luhan who always comes up with a nice suggestion, but tonight the boy seemed not in the mood. He stayed silence the whole meeting, frequently stole a glance at Xiumin and Kris.

“ alright, dismiss then” …said the leader and then some of the members walked out to their own rooms. Only Kris and Luhan left in there.

“ guessed you have something to talk to me..” said Kris, another one sat back down looked straight to the tall boy.

“ what’s happened there, I saw him cried..” started at the point. Kris sighed in a long breath.

“ it’s nothing.. just, a little bit homesick “ … avoided to say in details. Luhan stared at the younger in disbelieved.

“ your face didn’t tell so, but well.. if you don’t want to say. I’ll just ask him myself..” finished his words and headed out to Xiumin’s room.

“ I don’t think he will say..” Kris mumbled then laid back on the couch

..

Knock! Knock! 

“ Minseok-ah, can I go in?..” his soft voice said in front of the room, but no answer neither from Xiumin or Tao,

“ Minseok-ah, I’m going in..” told that and opened the door, seeing no Tao but one of the owner in his same old post with the headphone on, sitting straight , crossing arms at his study table, on the table with a book and laptop. His eyes closed like he doesn’t want to see, his lips closed like he doesn’t want to converse … Xiumin always works hard, he has angelic voice, but since his Chinese is not fluent yet so he got just small part in each song. The way to get to sing more, he need to speedy improve Chinese language.

“ Minseok-ah..” Luhan called out again, but the person was so deep in his concentration. The guest walked to Minseok, stood behind and peeked at the notebook on the table. And what’s showing on screen shocked him for a moment. The message on the weblog says “ the fandom hates Xiumin, coz he is ugly and fat”. Luhan bit his lower lips to compose his anger. He didn’t know where is that stupid comment coming from, and apparently the comment hurt Minseok’s feeling. He stepped back from Minseok, left a space between them and made a loud A-Hem to break the silence. This worked, Minseok jumped in surprise, lowered the headphone and hurriedly slammed down the notebook cover.

“ oh..what is it Luhan-na?..” asking Luhan like nothing’s happened. Luhan sighed at what he saw… Minseok always keeps the pain to himself, he will never ever let no one knows.. but why Kris???

“ ….I knocked a few times already but heard no answer, so I just barged in….{smile}…what are you doing? Where is Tao?..” .. sat on XIumin’s bed.

“ Tao went to Lay, you will see him there..” answered with smile, assumed Luhan came to see Tao.

“ it’s alright, I just come checking on you.. you were silence the whole time after we came back, is there anything wrong?..” …asked in worry. Xiumin still sitting on his seat, with his back faced Luhan.

“ I’m fine, just a little bit tired..” …his soft voice tell so that he is tired. Luhan looked at his friend in pity, he understand how Minseok feels, it’s stressed enough when you are away from your home country, can’t understand people around you about what they are saying, it’s annoying when you want to sing but can not just because you don’t speak their language, plus that damn comment throwing at your face saying your are ugly and not being loved.

“ Minseok-ah.. you cried with Kris, but why don’t you do the same to me? I’m not worth enough? Or you don’t want to talk to me no more?...” .. still stared at the person who slowly turned back.

“ I’m nothing to you, huh?..” asked again in the same tone. Xiumin sighed and walked to sit down besides his friend.

“ so..  you want to see me cry, huh?..” rather answer Luhan’s question, he asked back instead and giggled slightly to loosen up the stress atmosphere.

“ No! Never! I never want to see you upset or cry! Don’t say thing like that! “ Luhan protested loudly, Xiumin just laughed at it.

“ yes.. I don’t want you to see me cry too, none of you guys. I’m the eldest, supposed to be the strongest, you understand me, right?” .. patted Luhan’s shoulder, also pulled him closer.. while Luhan pouted cutely.

“ But Kris were with you when you cried.. and I’m just a month younger than you, you shouldn’t even count I’m younger..”… Luhan is really like a kid when he behaves like this, he is just so cute to begin with. Xiumin smiled widely, felt his heart got lighten up just by looking at cute Luhan..

“ Well, Kris just happened to be there when I sank in my emotion, didn’t really mean to show him my weak side or anything. He is considered a dongsaeng to me too” …as he explain the situation, not aware of Kris who is eavesdropping in front of the room door. The tall boy lowered his gaze, felt kinda upset when the eldest said as if he is underrated.

“ Minseok…you are too much, at least think of me at the same level please…” whispered in irritated tone…. Pressed his ear even closer to the door, continued his mission..

“ What did you talk to him?” Luhan asked out of curious, if Kris has the right to know.. he should receive the same right too.. Minseok smiled again..

“ I said…” …then paused, rolled his eyes, tried to recall the situation.. Luhan almost stop breathing waiting the story..

“ I said, he is the best leader…. And…  that’s all…” …yep…. And he didn’t lie, it’s exactly what he did, the one who talked all those time was Kris.. The tall boy who is still listening let out a small laughter.. right, that’s Kim Minseok, if he once said it’s nothing, you will get no other detail even you try the whole night..

“ You are really something Minseok-ah…tsk! ” ..Luhan said in annoying.  Alright if Xiumin won’t tell about that incident, but he still need to ask about that stupid comment on laptop screen.

“ I’ll let you go for the crying moment without me,.. but that..”… pointed his finger at the laptop on the table..

“ I saw what was on the screen….” then wait to see Xiumin’s reaction. The short boy fell silence for few seconds then let out a smile, bitter smile.. The boy outside narrowed his eyes when the two inside talked in new topic.

“ Umm…. It’s their right to feel about me, I can’t force the fans to love or pay attention to me. But all of you receive their loves, that’s good enough..” said like big brother. Luhan bit his lower lip, his face got all frowned.

" It's not ok! How can it be ok?.. They are rude, you are not fat at all and you are not ugly. You are beautiful and perfect to me!" ... defended unconsciously, and recognized himself just mentioned something sounds like a confession to Xiumin. Luhan turned red all over the face to the ears, Xiumin also froze for a moment then grinned and started laughing.

" lol, Luhan…. Alright, thank you for the compliment, hahaha. it will give me a sweet dream for tonight"…. He patted Luhan’s back … Luhan is so cute when he being shy like this. .. The one outside tried to put the conversation together and assume that there is a bad comment from fans said Xiumin is fat and ugly..

“ !...if he is ugly, no one on earth can be cute!.. wait!!...his tummy is flatter than mine, if he is fat.. what?! How about me!! Damn!! The fans surely are mean!! Tsk!! ” hissed to himself, tried digging his head to the door, didn’t realize at all that there is pair of eyes watching his weird action… 

“ I’m not upset Luhan-ah, I’m totally fine. It hurts me when I first saw the comment, felt as if I’m not deserved to be on stage with you guys. But when I read it more often, it became nothing to me. The comment can’t change my ability of singing or dancing, even I’m ugly or fat but I’m a son of my mom, my family love me… nothing will change the fact, my dream is right in front of me, no one can stop me, no matter what they will say.. I’ll just humbly accept it. So it’s all fine now” ..said Xiumin with his soft voice. Luhan nodded to the words, …this is it, the Kim Minseok whom he always admire, strong Minseok .. who captured his heart firmly.

“ not just your family… me too Minseok-ah…. I love you…” ….second confession?? Kris at the outside heard it clearly, his jaw dropped in surprise. Xiumin tilted his head a little bit, raised his eyebrow in questioning, then gave away his warm smile..

“ Thank you Luhan… I love you too, my friend…” said to his best friend, same words in different sense .. Luhan felt his heart races like crazy, not sure what is it with this feeling. Everyone says ‘love’ to their friends once in a while, he did too, he said ‘love’ to his friends countless times. But never even once feel like this. Nothing escape from his beautiful lips.. Kris was also in shocked, the word ‘love’ from Luhan surrounding in his head, though he just said it to Xiumin before dinner time, but this time it sounded deeper in the meaning.

“ Gege, what are you doing??..” Tao who stood there observed Kris actions for a while now, looking at Kris who has his ears stuck to the door, the mouth left open so the eyes went bigger than it usually be. The leader acknowledged the magnae, then pretended like it’s nothing, stood straight,  shut his mouth, narrowed his eyes, finally acted all cool.

“..no..i..just …about to knock..” … raised his fist showing he is really gonna knock at the door. Tao snorted at him.

“ No need Gege, you were eavesdropping, I’ll tell Minseok hyung..” with his words, made his way to the door, grabbed the door knob. And Kris snapped at Tao’s hand.

“..no way!..” … tried to drag Tao from the door, but the magnae ‘s hand stick with the door knob like glue…the scene looked like two giants are wrestling …

Another two inside looked at the door..

“ what’s that sound??..” Luhan asked the boy besides him..

“ sounds like Kris…”… stood up and walk to the door, and when the door opened…

“..what??....” the eldest looked at the funny scene at the sight, Toa stood there tried to catch Xiumin’s hand for help, his mouth is covered by Kris giant size hand, and his another arm wrapped Tao’s body to keep him away from Xiumin. The older boy whispered in younger’s ear.

“ I’ll let you go if you won’t tell him..”.. just for them to hear, Tao nodded rapidly to the leader, so Kris lowered his hand from the magnae. Tao fled to Xiumin’s side, held the eldest in his strong arms.

“ Hyung, Kris-ge was eavesdropping!!..” and pointed at Kris, Xiumin’s face went like ‘ what??’.. Kris gave a face to Tao then looked back to Xiumin.

“ he lied.. I just got here..” …but Xiumin didn’t seem to buy his words..

“ I’m not lying, he was here for five minutes at least when I came out and saw him”.. the never-lie Tao put a dead end to his Duizhang… Kris can’t find other excuse for now..

“ ….. alright….I just…want to check on you, didn’t mean to eavesdrop… really…” …

Xiumin smiled to his tall friend, his friend is worry about him, the prideful Kris even did eavesdropping…

“ It’s fine, nothing to hide to begin with..” ….smiled even brighter to Kris, so the tall boy smiled back to the eldest, didn’t forget to give a dead glare to Tao. Luhan walked out to see all of them, stared at Tao, who is still holding Xiumin in his bear hug.

“ Let go of Minseok already Tao, before he get all sweat and need to bath again..” …can’t stand the sight so he nagged at Tao instead. The youngest didn’t even pay attention to the second eldest, he let out a cute yawning, Xiumin turn back to face his beloved magnae.

“ Aigoo… our baby is sleepy now, should we separate? “ … lifted his head to look at Tao properly and pinched the younger’s cheek . Tao still has his hands on Xiumin’s waist, grinned to his big hyung… love it so much when Xiumin pampers him.

“ what a big baby ever…” Kris trolled the black hair boy again before taking his leave.

“ well, I should leave too” said Luhan, gave a wink to his friend and turn to the way to his room..

“ Minseokkie hyung, can I sleep with you? I couldn’t sleep well for last few nights, I need cuddling..” … pleaded with his innocent eyes, sure thing…Xiumin never turn down his cute dongsaeng..

“ of course, let me cuddle you  tonight then…”… the two disappeared in their room… Luhan stood still clenching his fist…

“ what are you guys?? Love birds?... damn! I will sleep with Minseok too! .. I will! … I sure will!!... Just you wait!..” … swore to himself, then got startled by Lay, who popped his head out of the door.

“ Gege, who are you talking to? Would you come in?? I’ll turn off the light….” …, spoke with his lazy tone, and that bothered the older even more…

“ tsk!! Even Lay doesn’t take my side…” …cursed again then went back to his room with his grumbled face….

…..

Well, their big brother is exceptionally cute and warm, the members love him dearly. We will see, who will have this lovely Baozi in the end…. : ))