CHAPTER; 4

My Dead Brother

 

“I’m home!” Jieun yelled, she took off her heels and walked towards the kitchen, she was stopped at the sight seeing Leo and Kris sleep together on the couch, leaving the TV with the menu screen on.

‘I should leave them there.’ Jieun thought smiling, she walked towards the kitchen so she can get something ready to eat when Kris and Leo wake up.

After a while, Kris woke up and walked towards the kitchen and Jieun was still cooking.

“Hello!” Kris yelled, making Jieun jump, “Yah! Don’t scare me ~” Kris just laughed, “haha, sorry Jieun.” She continued cooking and didn’t say anything to Kris for a while. “So how was looking after Leo?” Jieun asked.

He started to explain what happened when Leo woke up, and also the incident that happened when playing hide and seek. “Yeah.. He must really miss him, Tao always used to play with him all the time, but now you’re here. So it should be the same for him.” Jieun explained.

“what if he never comes back?” Kris looked depressed and Jieun just looked at him, “why would you say that for?” “just saying! You never know, it’s a 50/50 chance.” Jieun agreed with what he said, but she didn’t know how to reply.

“Look, if he doesn’t come back, ill look after you guys okay? I’m always here. I’ll be here to look after Leo and you if you’re ever sick. You’re my brother’s wife, I always look after family.” Kris said, “but why don’t you look after yourself?” Jieun asked.

Kris wishes she didn’t say that, but then again she was right. Kris thought about it for a while, ‘I’ve probably been worryin’ about everyone else, and havn’t really been thinking about what I’ve been going.’ Kris thought. “Don’t worry about it, I’ve been thinking about before I came here, I know I should be doing something.. But, ive been thinking about starting my own family, you know. Have a beautiful wife and a kid. But with the relationships ive had recently have been gone.. wrong.” Jieun stayed quiet, after hearing that she started to regret asking him.

“Still, don’t worry about it.” Kris said, “How could you not worry about it, I think you might have a chance at getting someone into your life and making it better, I guess.” Jieun walked behind Kris and gave him a back hug.

Kris felt this shiver going down his spine, it made him feel warm inside. ‘It felt good having someone hug you, I havnt been hugged in a long time.’ Kris just held Jieuns hand and turned around.  “You’ll find someone.” She whispered.

‘But.. what if it was you?’