CH; 20 *(Final.)

My Dead Brother

 

I saw what I was looking for, Leo. I reached through the window and saw him lying down on the bed, I could see Jieun sleeping on the couch from across the room, “wake up.” I shook him lightly but no movement, “yah, wake up.” I shook him again and he woke up.

“a-appa? What are you do-“ “shh, come with me, we’ll go somewhere~” Tao took his hand and helped him outside, Tao went back in to get him a jacket to wear and shoes, “Here, wear these. We’ll have fun.” Tao took his hand and walked down the street.

“What we going to do?” he asked, we’re going to “where would you like to go?” Tao smiled, looked almost innocent but that smile looked evil. “I’m hungry.” He said, “we’ll go get something to eat, c’mon we’ll get a taxi and go far from here.” Leo nodded and the took and taxi, ‘I want to be as far as possible. I don’t want them to find us.’

“Chill Diner, please.” Tao asked the taxi driver. “That’s going to take 6 hours to get there.” The driver said, “And? I want to go there.” The driver let out a big sigh and drove in the direction of the diner. “How long is 6 hours appa?” he asked, “won’t take long, unless you sleep on it.” Leo closed his eyes and let the drive do the work, ‘we’ll be as far as we can imagine.’

-

NO-ONES POV

Friends drove around trying to find Tao, Kris was going crazy and searched in every little corner. “Tao,  where are you?!” he yelled to himself, Kris took out his phone and started to dial Chanyeols number, “Did you find him, yet?” “No not yet, Kris. Sorry.” Kris hung up and continued searching for him.

Kris stopped at a station to fill up on gas, he looked around and he started to sweat a little. “Please be alright…” Kris said quietly, he looked around and saw a guy and a little boy in the taxi. The glass on the taxi was getting foggy and couldn’t see anything through it, ‘How cute. Reminds me of Leo and I’ Kris looked away and took a deep breath, “Ok, I have to continue.”

Kris got in the car and drove off yet again, for another round.

Tao rested putting his head back as Leo slept in the taxi, “we’ll be there soon.” He rubbed Leos head softly and relaxed more, “Ok we’re ready to continue our journey.” The taxi driver said, “Ok, let’s keep going.” The taxi driver took wheel and drove off.

Jieun finally woke up from her long rest on the couch, ‘ahh~ my head.’ Jieun held her head as it started to ache and got worst. She got up and went towards to the kitchen to get something to sooth her head. ‘Is leo still sleeping?’ Jieun thought, ‘I won’t wake him up, I’ll let him sleep a little longer.’ Jieun sat back down on the couch and let the cool breezy air run against her face, it seemed to relax her more, made her forget about the bad things.

Kris came back from the search and went up to Jieun, he kissed her forehead. “I can’t find me, neither can the others. What should I do?” Kris asked, Jieun looked down and let out a big sigh. “Well, I guess there’s no point finding him, he’ll be far from now. He usually goes far away and starts a new.. But he wouldn’t do it alone.” “you saying he’d take someone with him?” Jieun nodded, “who would go with him?”

Jieun ran to Leo’s room and didn’t find him in bed, “he’s gone.” Jieun walked back looking towards to Kris “who’s gone?” Jieun started to cry and couldn’t speak, “L-Leo.. He’s gone.. Tao must of t-aken him.” Jieun stuttered.

“where would you think he’d go with him?” Kris asked, “I don’t know.. somewhere fun? I mean, he took Leo and Leo would want to have fun, right?” “No, he’d do something more then just have fun..”

Kris got in the car and dialled up friends, “Luhan, Chen. I need you to take the east side of the Diner in the country side.” “The diner? Why?” They asked, “Please, just go there. Tell the others as well.” Kris hung up and drove off. ‘There’s a construction site nearby for a new building, he’d want to get here with Leo and do something horrible.’ Kris drove as fast as he could, but slowed down for lights.

Kris started to call Jieun, “Jieun, I know where he’d be taking Leo..” Without hesitation, Jieun got in the car and drove, ‘Babo! Babo! I knew he’d be there! God, I hope it’s not too late.’ Jieun continued driving and cried again.

-

TAO’S POV

We finally arrived at the Diner, “c’mon Leo, let’s eat.” He shook Leo lightly trying to wake him up, “Money?” the taxi driver asked, “Oh yes, thanks a lot.” I passed over a lot of money and walked out with Leo.

I took a table with Leo, there was hardly anyone here it was quiet and classical music was playing filling up the room. Leo looked at the menu trying to figure out what they were going to eat, “What you want?” I smiled, “I want waffles!” Leo yelled, I held my hand up for someone to take my order, I told them what we both wanted and we looked outside the window. “Appa, what are they doing?” he pointed out the construction workers outside, “they’re making a new building. Wanna go check it out later?” Leo nodded.

Their food came and we dug in. “Appa, why’d we go all the way out here?” Leo asked another question. “Well, I thought it would be better if we went ourselves somewhere different, and be far away from the big city and see the country.” I smiled again. Leo continued eating and i continued my food and thought ‘I’ll be all over, and she’ll regret doing what she did to me.’

NO-ONES POV

After they’ve eaten Leo was starting to get interesting with the construction. “You still want to look around?” Tao asked, “Yes yes yes!” Leo yelled, he held Taos hand and Tao gave a evil smirk and walked slowly towards the construction site, “The men have left.” Leo said, “Yeah, they’ve all gone home. Want to sneak in?” Leo looked shocked from Tao’s words, but nodded.

Tao helped Leo over the gate and they both walked in, “whoa! This is so cool! Appa, can we go up there to get a better view?” Leo pointed over to where there was a big crane with a ladder attached for people to climb up, “you sure? It’s going tobe pretty high.” “I can handle it! I really can!” Leo boasted, Tao nodded, and Leo ran up to the ladder from the crane and started to climb, ‘It’ll happen soon, and no-one will no about it, Jieun imagine now how it feels to loose a loved one.’

Jieun called Kris and said “Where are you? Are you close? I decided to come, in case you needed help.” “Jieun, you shouldn’t of came! You’re going to put your life at risk because of me, and us.” Jieun started to get angry and yelled “Kris, Tao has taken my son, I need to be there for him!” Kris let out a big sigh, “ok fine, just be around the diner soon, I’m almost there.”

Kris arrived at the diner and got out of the car, he saw the woman leave the diner in her uniform, “Excuse me, have you seen a man and a little boy around?” he asked, “Um.. yeah I did actually, they left about 15 minutes ago. There are no buses, nor taxis around. I don’t know where they would go.” He started to get frustrated, and ran his fingers through his hair, “sorry, I’m not much help. Hope you find them both though.” She said, “thanks.”

A few minutes later, Jieun had arrived, “you’re here! I asked the lady if she’d seen them afterwards, she doesn’t know where they went.” “I do.” Jieun grabbed Kris’s hand and ran towards the construction site. “Why are we here?” he asked, “don’t you remember? I thought you would of known since you and Tao would…” she stopped there and turned around.

“what happened? How come I don’t know this?”

“I guess you heard about being knocked out by a car accident, right?” she asked, Kris thought about it for a while and remembered, he nodded.

“That’s not true, You were knocked out because you knocked your head on a pipe while in a construction site like this one with Tao and someone else..” “who’s the someone else?” Kris asked, the wind blew more making the air colder, “your.. sister.”

“I-I had a sister..?” Jieun nodded, “I only know this much, because Tao told me years ago. I’ve tried keeping it away from you ever since. Tao is up there with Leo.” She pointed over at the huge crane, you couldn’t miss it. “Tao knew Leo would want to go up there, if we don’t hurry it’ll be too late.”

They both climbed over the gate and ran towards the crane, they both started to head up the ladder, they could see Tao and Leo above, they were too far away. “We need to climb faster.” Jieun said.

Tao and Leo had reached the top of the crane, “whoa! Appa, the view is awesome!” Tao had his hand onto Leo’s shoulder and gripped on it making sure he wouldn’t run away. “want to walk down and look below?” Tao asked, “No, it looked scary.” “C’mon it’ll be fine.”

Leo looked below and didn’t realise he was so high up. “appa, I don’t want to~” he whined. “It’ll be fine.” Tao forced his voice towards him, making Leo do what he said. “O-Ok..” Leo walked slowly, and Tao held him, just in case he wouldn’t walk back. “Good boy, keep going.” Tao said. His voice was husky, it was almost terrifying towards Leo.

Kris and Jieun arrived at the top of the crane and saw Tao and Leo walk across. “Yah! Tao!” Jieun yelled, “Umma!” Leo yelled, Tao turned his head and Kris saw the devil. “Yah, Tao! Don’t do it.” Kris yelled, you could hear fear in his voice. He was scared.

“Appa, what are you going to do?” Leo was scared you could see tears forming in his eyes, they started to drip down, Kris took a step forward and Tao took a step back having Leo go with him, “Tao, you don’t have to do this!” Kris yelled across, “You still believe in the car accident?” Kris’s eyes went wider, “I-I heard.. Jieun told me. What happened to her?”

“We were around Leo’s age, we were at a construction site just like this one. She asked if we could climb up the crane, you refused and stayed below. I’ve hated her ever since she could talk, I knocked you out with small pipe so you wouldn’t remember what I did to her.” Tao said, “what did you do?!” Kris yelled more making him frustrated, looking for an answer “we reached the top.. I.. I pushed her off to her death.” Kris started to feel this emptiness inside, “why’d you do it?” Tao gripped his hand onto leo’s shoulder making him scream.

“I only did it was because, mother favoured her more. You might of forgotten, but I didn’t. Ever since mother had her she would always pay attention to her! You know how much it hurts not to feel attention, especially when mother isn’t paying the attention.” Kris walked closer “it’ll be okay, everything will be okay.” Tao started to cry, forgetting that Kris was coming closer.

“Yah! Back away, before I do the same thing to Leo!” Kris stopped, Jieun had fear in her eyes, she didn’t want anything to happen to her baby. “Tao you don’t want to do this, please give over Leo.” “No, I won’t.. You and Jieun will suffer what I’ve suffered. You took Jieun away from me, and I’ll take Leo away from you.”

“Tao don’t!” Kris yelled, Tao had his mouth open as he was about to say something, but was out of breath, he pushed over Leo making him hit his head onto a bar. “Leo!” Jieun cried as she ran over to get him, “T-Tao..?” Kris called over, but no response, Tao held his neck as he got down on his knees “Kris.. I’m.. I-.. sorry..” Tao fell. His body looked like it was floating kris looked down as tears were running down his face. Tao’s eyes closed shut as he disappeared down below.

Below there were Chanyeol, Chen & Luhan. Kai climbed to the top, “You guys okay?” he asked, Jieun was holding Leo, “Here let me take him down.” Jieun passed him over, Leo was unconscious.
“We’ll take him to the hospital, don’t you worry.” Kai said, Kai had a sweet voice making Jieun trust him, “thank you.” Jieun walked up to Kris as Kai started to gently go down. “He’s gone, back being.. dead..” Kris said, Jieun wiped his tears as they both looked at each other, “Yeah, I guess so.. Don’t worry.. It’ll be fine..”

---

The next day, Kris and Jieun where at the hospital with Leo. Leo was sleeping on the bed, and Jieun held his hand, Kris was there in case Jieun needed anything, so she wouldn’t leave Leo alone. “Need anything?” Kris asked, Jieun just looked at Leo, “I want him to wake up..” “It’s okay, he’ll wake up.” Kris said, hugging Jieun. Jieun still holding his hand, never wanting to let go.

Leo started to move from the hospital bed, “Leo, you’re okay~” Jieun said, Leo opened his eyes to see Kris and Jieun, “Umma~ where am i?” “Sweety you’re in the hospital.” He rubbed his eyes and said “why am I in the hospital? Did something happen?” “Well, you-“ “you got into a car accident.” Kris cut off Jieun, “yeah.. a car accident. We’re fine, you got knock out. You feeling any better baby?” Jieun rubbed his head lightly, making sure she doesn’t hurt him. “Yeah I’m fine.”

‘Leo, we would tell you what happened, but you’re too young to understand what happened. But we will tell you one day, we will. When that time is right, we will. But that will be saved for another story.’