CH; 12

My Dead Brother

 

“Umma, why am I dressed in black?” leo asked, “We have to go and say bye to someone, very dear to us..”  “who is it?” he asked, “I’ll tell you when we get there.” Jieun took Kris and Leo’s hand and got ready to leave towards the door.

Jieun opened it and dropped her bag to find what was in front of her. “Hey Honey, I’m home.” Tao’s face was right there, Kris and Jieuns face went blank they couldn’t believe he was alive?

“Appa, you’re home!” Leo called out, he hugged Tao. “Hey Leo, did you miss me?” Tao smiled and Looked up at Jieun, “Still looking beautiful as always.” Tao said, “How? How did you..” Tao spreads his arms asking for a hug, Jieun slowly breaks loose of Kris and hugs him tightly. “Honey, be careful. I’m not fully r-recovered.”

Jieun looked down and saw the walking stick. “What happened?” she asked, “When I ‘died’ apparently my leg got snapped in half, now I’m still recovering. It’s getting better though.”

To Jieun hearing that word again made her not want to believe. The word ‘died’ she had images in her head when she didn’t sleep, she didn’t eat, how that word made her not want to live. The person she used to love was gone, now since he’s back she didn’t know what to feel.

“why you guys dressed up for?” Tao asked, “oh um, went were going to your.. ‘thing’” Tao nodded and walked inside. The three followed him inside. “Leo go get changed, we’re not going anywhere.” Leo understood and walked into his room.

“You hungry? I can make you something.” Jieun asked, “That’ll be good.” Tao said, and he smiled.

Tao turned to Kris and said “So brother, how have you been? Looking after my family and all.” Kris started to stutter. “Uh- Yeah we’ve been coping well, ever since you ‘died’ Jieun’s been acting weird, I’ve fed her, but she seemed to lose a lot of weight, and she hardly spoke to me or Leo as well. Now she’s been doing fine, since your back… from the dead..”

Tao nodded, “Yeah it sounds weird, ‘I’ve come back from the dead.’ But at least Im back anyway. Anything happen between you and Jieun?” Tao asked “NO, No, no. Of course not!” Kris panicked.

“I was just joking. Relax.” Tao sighed and said, “It feels weird though, coming back, seeing Leo grown up. Jieun change because of me, and I feel like something else happened, but it seems like I can’t get to the point to know what it is. Would you know?” “Me? No no, I wouldn’t know..”

“I also feel like you’re hiding something from me, something you won’t tell. But you’re my brother you tell me everything. Right?”

Kris just thought ‘Not everything.’