CH; 15

My Dead Brother

 

“Honey, I’m home.” Jieun walked in and saw Tao on the couch watching TV. “Hey, did you fix the problem of your friend?” Jieun let out a big sigh and said, “She’d rather be better off without my help.”

Jieun walked towards the room and laid down on the bed, “You okay?” Tao walked in and sat next to her, “I’m fine, I’m just confused. That’s all.” Jieun looked at him and said “I’m glad I have you in my life, I’d rather not be with anyone else.” Tao smiled and leaned forward and gave a kiss.

She felt like she was regretting those words; feeling like she’d do anything else but not day those words. ‘Forget about him. Forget about Kris.’ She couldn’t though.

Jieun started to think something else; ‘should I tell Tao that I was going out with Kris, that I’ve been having an affair with him while he was gone. That I’ve liked him, that we’ve been spending a lot of time together, now we’re not seeing each other, that we’ve forgotten about each other?’

Bad idea.

“I’m happy I’ve found you too, I wouldn’t trade you for anything else in the world. You’re that missing piece in my heart that I’ve been looking for. I’m glad I found it.” Tao smiled, It made Jieun feel warm inside, that same feeling when she was with Tao the days that they were dating, that day when he got down on his knees and asked her to marry him.

She hugged him close, getting more warm. Having her head onto his shoulder, Tao felt comfortable and was happy he was here, ‘Nothing seems to be a bother to her now. That’s good.’

Tao still had a lot on his mind though ‘what was she worried about? What made her uncomfortable? How did she suddenly lose the bother when I called Kris about it? Somethings up, and im going to get to the bottom of this. Don’t worry babe, you’ll be safe with me, no matter what happened I’ll keep you safe.’

------

Kris felt stressed out in his apartment, “I should do something, get my mind off things.” He told himself. “what should I do..”

“Should I go back to the club? Get completely drunk and find some girls?” He asked himself, “Yeah! I should do that!”

Kris got himself ready, looking good for the ladies he was about to encounter. “Okay Kris, no matter what. You’re getting drunk, forget about everything bad that has happened in your life!” He told himself while looking in the mirror. “Fighting!”

Kris drove to the club he went to last time and went to the door.  Kris walked up to a guy in a suit, Kris and him were best friends for a long time “Ayo waddup Kris?” Chanyeol said, “Ayo wassup!” they gave a brotherly hug and he walked towards the door. “Chen and Luhan are inside.” Chanyeol said, “Thanks. See you later.”

Kris walked in and tried to find Chen and Luhan, those two have been primary school friends, and they don’t ever leave each other’s sight. Kris found them and decided to come sit with them. “Hey guys.” “Kris! How have you been?” Luhan called out.

Kris just sighed and said “It’s been going alright, I guess. A lot of things have been happening. I honestly don’t know how to explain it.” He said. “It can’t be all that bad, right?” Chen asked. “Well some parts have been alright, I just feel like a total idiot right now. I’ve don’t something I now regret, why am I so stupid?” Kris ran his fingers through his hair in frustration.

“What did you do?” Chen asked, “Well, You know how Tao went to the military and stuff. I was looking after his wife and son. Then I started getting feelings towards her, first of all we didn’t know what to do. We both were awkward, then she confessed to me. Then we we’re dating while Tao was off. Then she got a call from the Military saying Tao had died..” Chen put his hand on Kris’s shoulder. “Sorry man..” “OH, but here’s the twist!” Kris yelled. “Tao suddenly came back to life, now he’s at home with Jieun and Leo. As for me and Jieun, I told her it was wrong to do this ‘affair.’ When Tao was around. So I told her we shouldn’t be seeing each other. Now that’s why I feel like an idiot.”

Chen and Luhan looked at each other “Tao came back from the dead?” they both said, “Yeah, I know it’s hard to believe but it’s true.” They both laughed “Are you trolling us right now? Haha.” Chen said, “Are there hidden cameras anywhere?” Luhan said.

“Screw you guys I’m leaving.” Kris got up and went up to the bar. “Hey Kris, what you want?” “Hey Kai, just surprise me.” Kai set up a drink for him, he knew what he wanted. “Here you go. What’s wrong?” Kris sighed again and took a sip. “Trust me If I told you, you wouldn’t believe me.” “Try me.”

Kris had explained to him what happened, “You serious?!” Kai yelled. “Yes, I’m serious! I told Chen and Luhan, but they didn’t believe me.” Kai relaxed a bit more “This is big man. So Tao.. came back from the dead?” Kris nodded and took another sip. “How is that even possible?” Kris shrugged. “Who knows. I never got to ask anyway..”

After a few minutes, Kris started to start his plan. “Kai fill me up, I need to get drunk.”

Kai looked at him like he was crazy or something, but with what he said before about Tao, I guess he was already crazy. He didn’t know whether to believe him or not, so he left him be. “coming right up!”