Lost without protection

Split between what difference?

 

>>Shannon

flashback

****”Play!?” I squealed to my older sisters. Being only 6 I found walking around the castle boring. Her guardian angels looked at me with soft loving eyes. “Not now we have business.” The eldest replied. The younger poured tea into a china cup. “But im bored.. please?” I begged. “Leave your sisters alone!” my father smacked me away.  I whimpered with tears b in my eyes. “Don’t you cry in my presence” he demanded.  I nodded and ran down corridors. Where had onew gone?  “Onew! Onewwww?” my voice echoed on the walls. I sat and cried into the dusty ground. I was pulled into arms and fluffy wing wrapped around me. “Don’t cry princess…lets go play..hmm?” he asked smiling. I rubbed my hands on my wet cheeks and nodded*** ENd

“Onew….thank you” I whispered and he carried me to anywhere. My crying had stopped but my heart still hurt. “ anything for you” he replied. “Onew?” I asked. He hmmed as a response.  “Do you miss your home…do you wish to be unbound from the chain?” the question had burned in my heart. “I miss my home greatly but I think if you broke the chain I would miss you more” onew responded. We were both bound down to each other and neither knew how to get out with out losing. Onew finally gently landed making sure my feet touched the ground. I backed away and looked at the ground feeling completely down and gloomy. ‘Why such a sad face when the sun smiles down on a happy day” Onew smiled trying to lift my mood. I felt my insides twist with misplaced anger. Why was onew so nice to me..why did he have to take care of me..why did he care? He had every right to be in a bad mood. I turned to the castle with a huff. The sun did shine but it seemed annoyingly bright next to my mood.

 “Coronation is tonight please princess be in good spirits for your sisters taking of the throne” Onew pleaded. My sister taking the throne wasn’t a good or bad thing for me. I had no idea what thoughts and ideas she had for the land since I had been excluded from the family for years. “Princess Shannon your father has asked you to send a letter to the Netherlands castle” a servant ran up with a letter and a pass.

“Why dose he trust me to deliver a package across the gate when I had all but been banished not to long ago?” I asked the servant. “Im not aware mi’lady but give it to the  soon to be prince at the castle” I took them with a slight bow. “Tell him I am on my way and will try my best to be here for my sisters throne taking” I turned and started walking toward the gate. The castle was only around 60 feet away from the castle standing almost half its height. Onew trailed quietly behind me..his presence felt darker than usual. Two large ivory statues of peaceful lions sat at either side of the gate. I stepped forward and watched their stone face contort into life. “None shall pass without a reasonable thought” The spoke in unison. I held the pass up that held my father’s seal on it. “You may enter”  Their words where muffled by the steel gate screeching open.  A Warm gust of air smacked me once my eyes were set on the land. Black bark trees, Raven birds, A waterfall of lava, and the tall blackened shape of the castle in the distance.

A broken cobblestone path paved the way. “Walking would take to long..plus its not safe for one who isn’t a local” Onew pulled me closer and quickly pulled us into the air before I could protest. I watched the scenery as he flew up. I spotted a gang of chimera munching  on a dragon carcass. Next to the lava waterfall a dragon was tending to her babies.  I really missed this place no matter what people said it was beautiful.  My thoughts were slashed as a pained gasp left onews lips. He hissed an dhis body jerked foreward. I felt heat wash over my face.  I saw his left wing fold and I saw a large dragon with someone riding it. I couldn’t get a good look because onew was falling out of the sky and onto the charred ground. “Onew!”  I yelled. He couldn’t respond. I turned to see the ground close. Right before we hit he turned so he would hit the ground full force. The fall was hard and even though I landed on onew we still rolled a bit.  My body hurt all over and I couldn’t catch my breath properly. I laid a few feet from onew gasping for air. I didn’t think I had anything broken but.. onew on the other hand. I glanced to see him totally out. I forced my self up onto my hands and knees. I could feel blood tricking down my back and legs. I sat down next to  onew. “Wake up…onew…get up…you can’t be hurt. Your invincible” I gently shook his body. No response.  “Stop  messing around your scaring me” I whispered laying my head on his chest. “onew…” I felt tears run down my face.

 

***”Onew your so invincible  and strong” I cheered as he swung his sword into it’s sheath.  “You keep believing that kiddo” He sighed.  “Nothing can hurt my angel! “ I yelled pointing to the other two guardian angels training.  They just smiled and shook their heads at my cute excitement. “Im only strong enough to protect you” He smiled. Back then I couldn’t read that his face held a pained expression.***