Research and Clubs

My Life As A...Daddy?!

During lunch, I did some researching. I went to all the girls who were kim’s and asked them if they had a baby. Some were shocked and called me a jerk.

Like Kim Saerin. She was one of the most popular girls in school. I asked her that question and she said yes and gosh was i having a celebration. That is until she said. "We could have one if you like." and gave me one of her flirty smiles. I was so disgusted I just glared at her and walked away.

Or Kim Eunhye. For the 2 days I was with her, I knew she was sensitive. And as in VERY sensitive. And she really hasn’t gotten over our break up and how did I know? I asked her that question and in the end, she broke into tears, saying how much she loved me and how could i have had a baby behind her back.

And then there's Kim Minyoung. Well, she's also popular although she's more of the quiet and mysterious type. But she has a presence around her that’s almost magical. I guess that’s what you call charisma. I asked her that question and she just ignored me. I wasn’t surprised. I only went with her for 5 hours and got bored.

But so far, not much luck is on me since I couldn’t find anyone who seems to be Soomin's mum. I took my books from the locker and closed it, shocked from seeing yoseob's face behind.

"Ah...you scared me, twerp."

"You should have seen my head."

 "Sorry but I guess you were too short." i reminded him.

He acted like he had just heard the most insulting thing in his life and pretended to be a diva, ignoring me and going around complaining about me.

"Shut up Yoseob." Doojoon told him.

"Hmp! Fine. You guys don’t know what you're missing. “He said and walked ahead of us to the detention room. When we reached there, we thought we were the only ones but we found out there was someone else there.

"Chaeyeon?!" I exclaimed when i saw her.

She looked surprised to see us but then it changed into a smile.

"Annyeong!" she said cheerfully and waved.

All of us smiled and waved back at her. Well, everyone except for me.

Well, she was one of the girls whom i had been with. And for 5 months. Yes, she was one of my longest relationships.

But the funny thing about her was, when I broke up with her, she was of course sad, but she doesn’t show it at all. Her personality is the always cheerful and bubbly type. When I knew her, she was stubborn and very, very clumsy and childish. But no matter what, she always has a smile on her face. And it’s not annoying at all. But yeah, I broke up with her later on.

"Hi Junhyung!"She said happily.

Yup, she wasn’t affected at all.

"hey." I gave a small nod and went to the back while the others just sat in front with her.

"So how's life Chaeyeon?" Kikwang asked.

"Its okay." she replied with a faint smile.

"Why are you here?"Hyunseung asked.

"Oh...my alarm spoiled so I woke up late. “She said sheepishly. “What about you guys?" she asked.

"We had to drop of junhyung's bab-" Dongwoon said but was cut off by me.

"Baby cousin!" I said aloud.

"Oh..."she said, slightly unsure.

And through the detention the guys kept on talking to her as the ignored me. Chh! As we were walking out of school, they kept asking why I won’t tell everyone that I had a baby.

"Do you want me to ruin my reputation?"

"Of course not but you should be proud of Soomin! What would she feel if she knew her father was doing this?"Doojoon asked.

Her father. I'm her father. It still feels weird to know this fact.

There no proof I am." I challenged.

"then why should it be you that a baby appeared on your doorstep?" Doojoon challenged back.

"I’m a playboy. Maybe those girls are trying to get back at me."

"With a book all about her. She looks like you Junhyung! You can't deny that!"

"Well, we'll just see after the dna check. I'm going home." i told them and walked away.

"Well, what about Soomin?" they called after me.

"Forget about Soomin! I'll just ask dad to go and pick her up."

 I got a scolding from dad big time. He definitely hit the roof. He scolded me for being unreasonable and how I shouldn’t be doing this as soomin's dad. For goodness sake, it’s not confirmed yet. But I did receive the kit and I had just sent it in today, saying it will return 2 to 3 days later. I was going to my bedroom when Jaehyun came out from nowhere carrying the crying baby.

"Here ya go bro. Good night. “He said happily and ran to his rooms after giving me the baby.

I stared after him then back down at the baby who was looking at me while crying.

"Great...why do they always leave the tough work to me." I mumbled to myself as i went to my bedroom, sitting on the edge of my bed rocking her to sleep.

But I was supposed to go out to the club with them. The baby can go right?

So I left secretly without my dad knowing and when I have finally put Soomin to sleep. I arrived there soon and even standing outside, I could hear the music blasting out loud.

It can’t be that bad for her right?I asked myself.

When I finally agreed to myself it was alright, i pushed open the door and was welcome by the smell of alcohol. It wasn’t crowded today. Thank god.

"Junhyung, over here!" Doojoon yelled out from the other end.

So I made my way to the other side, which consists of going pass the two ginomous stereos. I covered Soomin's ear and quickly rushed past.

"Omo...you bought Soomin?"Dongwoon asked, shocked.

"How could you?! She's a baby! She's not even 1!" Hyunseung scolded as I sat down next to Kikwang.

"Chill! It’s not like it'll ruin her or anything. She won’t remember a thing when she grows up anyway." I told them and asked the waiter over. “One coral reef please." I ordered. (sorry, I created one lame name since I head there were stupid names for drinks such as bloody mary :)

"No. Just give him a coke." Doojoon changed the order.

"Hey!"

"A dad can’t drink alcohol." he explained.

"Fine. Whatever. Cokes good too." i pouted and gave in.

"You know. Soomin really shouldn’t be here." Doojoon said uncertainly while looking at her. The others were just too mesmerized looked at her sleep.

"She’s sleeping. She won’t remember a thing like I said. And I won come here every day, just a few times." I reassured him and turned to Yoseob.

"Would you cut it out?!" I snapped at him as he was fondling with the baby's hair and her hands and feet.

"Sorry but it just it fascinates me how small a human being can be. “He shrugged and continued doing it.

Just then, Soomin stirred and her eyes opened up slowly. All of us looked at her silently. She blinked twice and her eyes darted around, looking at her surroundings. And then, the worst thing came. Her face scrunched up, eyes closed and opens. And 1 second later, she was bawling her lungs out.

"Dude...you have to calm her down."Kikwang told me while the rest of the guys took turns trying to stop her.

"Why did you bring a baby in here?!" someone shouted.

"Yeah! Get her outta here! She's killing this place!" someone else said.

"Junhyung. Maybe we can come another time when you found someone to babysit her. We should get out now." Hyunseung told me.

I felt guilty. They wanted to come and I’m ruining it for them.

"No. You guys stay. I'll go home. I'll see you next week." I told them and stood up, walking towards the exit. But strangely, just when I went out and the door closes and we were left with only the silence of the night, Soomin stopped crying. Like immediately.

"You’re really something aren’t you?" I asked her and she just smiled up at me.

"Since I don’t want to go home so early, let’s just go to the park." I said and pushed her buggy in the cold night.