A Happy Ending

My Life As A...Daddy?!

After a moment of crying, she finally spoke up.

“What do you mean by that?”

“By what?”

“What you said earlier.”

“What?” I asked, deciding to play along.

“You know, that!” She said, trying to sound pissed but couldn’t since her nose was probably blocked from all the crying.

“Oh, that. Well, it just means that I don’t want to make the same mistake of losing you and giving you up again.”

“You can’t do that. You have Minyoung and Soomin now.”

“We called the wedding off. No, actually she called it off.”

I stepped away from Chaeyeon, hands on her shoulders.

“She wished us good luck on our future.” I said.

I was expecting her to smile, jump in joy and then we’ll live happily ever after, but all she gave me was a frown and a shake of her head.

“I can’t just destroy your family like that, and besides, I have Doojoon.”

“I know you’re lying. Doojoon told me the truth.”

She looked stunned, lost for a moment with no words to say. “ But I still can’t…” She said softly.

“Yes, you can. I like you, Kim Chaeyeon. My ex girlfriend just gave up her own happiness for both of ours. You can’t just go around and destroy it. And I know you like me, you can’t deny that too.”  I said smugly.

She blushed.” I don’t liked you.”

“Yes you do.”

“No I don’t.” She turned around and hurried away.

Chasing after her, I continued teasing. “Yes you do.

“No I don’t.”

“Yes you do.”

“NO. I don’t.”

“Yes you do.”

“Fine. I do.” She blurted out and gasped, covering with her hands.

“Ahah! Got you!” I said playfully and ran away. And again, it was hard since I was wearing a tux.

She was chasing me and with the experience I got as a playboy for so long, I decided to do the old trick. I stopped suddenly and turned around, causing her to bump into me as I engulfed her into a big, tight hug of mine.

“I love you.” I whispered into her ears.

And this time, she didn’t fight and hugged me back instead.

 

[3 years later ]

“Appa, can I and Yongsoon go out to play?” Soomin asked as she pointed towards our garden.

“No! Yong Soomin, you didn’t finish packing your toys!” Chaeyeon screamed from inside the kitchen.

“Go quick! Before mummy locks you in your room!” I said and pushed them out the door.

I walked into the kitchen calmly, seeing her cutting some vegetables.

There was a loud scream, followed by the familiar laughter of our daughter.

“Yong Junhyung, it better not be that you let them out.” She said, back still facing me.

“Aww…you have to let them play for awhile.”

“Fine. You don’t get dessert.”

“Aw, come on! You can’t be serious.”

“By the way, we are having chocolate pudding today.”

Yes, Chaeyeon and I got married and moved into a new house. And you guys might be wondering who Yongsoon is, it’s my 2 years old son. I wanted him to be called Yongjun but Chaeyeon found it amusing to have the last part called ‘soon’ after my real name so yeah, I can’t deny her. Soomin’s 5 now and I’m officially a mature dad. I’m having a family with a loving wife, immature daughter and a cute son. He even takes after me! Even though Jaehyun said that was a bad thing…but whatever. My life is exactly perfect.

And another good news?

Chaeyeon’s pregnant with another of my child.