Missing Mother

My Life As A...Daddy?!

 I woke up the nest day feeling a heavy weight on my stomach. I looked down and saw Soomin sleeping on my stomach.

How did she even get there?

I stood up slowly and placed her aside to go and brush my teeth. When I came back, soomin was sleeping in a different direction.

"Oh my...soomin’s that type of sleeper?" I thought to myself and took note not to sleep with her on the same bed when she grows up. I know how it feels.

I was sleeping with dad once when I was young and I woke up to find out he was on top me. I had to shout for my brother to come and help me move him.

From what I heard, dad says babies usually wake up before us. It’s already 7.30. Dad should be up for work now. I went to jaehyun's room.  It was dark since the curtain was down. And his room stinks. I stepped forward when I felt something squishy under my foot.

And then, I had those type of feelings where I don’t know what I stepped on but know it’s going to be bad and I want to know what it is but another part of me doesn’t want to. I on the light and brought my leg up to see a piece of peanut butter and jelly bread squashed under my feet. Even worse, the break looks like it’s been rotting there for weeks.

"Jaehyun!" I shouted.

His head popped up and he looked around in a daze. When he saw that the house wasn’t on fire, he dropped his head onto the pillow.

"What?"He asked, voice muffled by the pillow.

"Why aren’t you up yet? Its school day." I said through clenched teeth.

His head popped back up at me and he looked at me. His eyebrow raised and he was looking at me like I was a retarded.

"It’s the school holidays. We have a two weeks holiday remember. I guess your brain was washed off by Soomin..."he said and brought his head back to the pillow and in seconds, I heard him snoring. I went back to my room.

"Hey Soomin, guess wh-"I stopped when I found out that Soomin wasn’t on the bed anymore.

I searched on the floor. I searched under the table. I searched even in the toilet outside but she was nowhere to be seem. I rushed down and searched the whole living room and when I didn’t find her, I went to the kitchen but skid in my steps.

There, was Soomin seating happily in her baby seat drinking orange juice while my dad was making pancakes.

"Hi son. “He said with a cheerful wave. But it turned into a frown. “Why are you sweating?" he asked.

"You have no idea."i told him and collapsed into the kitchen seat next to Soomin.

Soomin pushed her orange juice bottle to me.

"Thanks." I said and took it but before I could place it into my mouth, I stopped.

"Oh my god, I’m going crazy." I told myself and handed back the bottle to Soomin.

"Proper cups are over there. “My dad pointed out.

"I know dad!"

"Just thought you forgot." he said and shrugs.

"Ding dong!" the bell rang.

"I’ll get it." I shouted and rushed to the door. It was none other than my dear friends. They were all standing there with a smile on their face but that’s not the reason why I feel like closing the door on them. They didn’t just bring themselves; they brought a whole load of junk. And by junk I mean baby toys.

"hiyeom Junhyung!" Kikwang greeted and Doojoon took a step forward. I brought out my hand to stop him.

"You’re not coming in with THAT thing." I told them.

They looked at what they brought and looked up at me.

"They’re for Soomin." Yoseob said.

"So let us in." Doojoon said and shoved me aside.

I scoffed. They didn’t even buy anything for me for my whole life and here they are, spoiling Soomin.

"hiyeom Soomin!"

"We’re here!"

"How’s out little niece?"Dongwoon asked.

"She’s not your niece Dongwoon." I reminded.

"I’m your brother. You're my hyung. That makes her my niece." he said stubbornly and went back to playing with Soomin.

~2 weeks later~ (sorry, I think I can’t make up so much things for them to do during the holidays :)

"wake up~wake up~wake~wake~wake~wake up~" Yoseob sang.

All of the member's came over early to wake me up, but I think their main motive was to see Soomin.

"Shut up, twerp. I hate son dambi's song."i said and hit him with the pillow.

"You told me she's your ideal type!" he argued.

"I didnt."i mumbled.

"gee~gee~gee~gee~GEE!" he sang.

"I hate that song. It gives me cooties. So just go away!"

"go go away~eh~eh~eh~eh!" he continued singing.

"At least sing a better song."i grumbled.

There was suddenly silence at the other end. And then I heard footsteps shuffling to my side. I smirked quietly as I thought of what he was going to do next.

"yarghhhhhh!"He screamed and jumped on my.

I jolted up in surprise but was pushed down by his weigh.

"Get off of me!"I shouted.

"No! Not until you get up!"He said and started tickling my stomach."

"Ha! I’m not scared of that!"

He started tickling my armpits.

"Ha! Not scared there too!"

"Oh really? Then how about this?"He said and tickled my feet."

"Nope you loser."

"Hmph. You'll regret. “He said and got off of me. I heard him disappear. I heard him got back again and heard him whispering something to somebody but I didn’t turn around.
 

And then, I heard some bubbling. Then sniffing and hiccing. That’s sounds exactly like...

And then, the voice burst out into an ear splitting cry. I turned around and saw Soomin crying in yoseob's arm.

"Im sorry Soomin ah!" he shouted over the noise and handed her to me. I held her in my arms as she cried. Her face was red and scrunched up and tears were coming out.

"shh...it’s okay Soomin! What did that j, I mean guy do, huh?"

I grabbed around for her toy and found one of her stuffed giraffe.

"Look! Look! Its gigi!"I said and shook it in front of her. She stopped crying and sniffed, while looking at the toy I given her. She reached out her little hands and took the toy from me.

She was still hiccupping as I brought her downstairs.

Doojoon and Dongwoon were sitting on the couch watching TV while Kikwang and Hyunseung was sitting at the table eating pancakes. Jaehyun and Yoseob were playing with the wii.

"Hey! That’s not fair!" Jaehyun shouted. “You cheated!"

"Life’s unfair, my friend. Deal with it. And in life, we have to cheat once in a while, if not, you'll just grow up to be a loser." Yoseob told him, patted him on the back and went to join Doojoon and Dongwoon. Jaehyun just stood there gaping at him.

Getting Soomin ready to go to her grandma house was hard and long enough. If you plus another 5 person who acts like 5 year olds, it would be hell. But again, we were late for school as usual and we got our normal detention slip.

We were at our normal lunch table when a group of girls came up to us. I didn’t know them, except for a few whom I dated last time. Just then, a girl came up to me. She stood before me.

"May I help you?"

The girl just shrugged, took out a piece of paper from her pocket and handed it to me. Then, she walked away with her posies.

"What did she give you?" Dongwoon asked.

"No idea." I opened it up.

"Please meet me at the roof garden after school. I have something to tell you.

Minyoung."

Minyoung? Isn’t that the girl I dated for 1 week and then broke up? What does she wants. I shrugged it off and at the end of the day; I followed what the note said and went up to the rooftop garden to meet her. She was there earlier than me. But girls are always punctual, I found out.

"Hi Junhyung." she gave a small smile.

When I dated her, she was just like any other girls. But I think her kindness got to me, so I lasted with her for another 3 days.

"Hi,” I paused for awhile. "Minyoung."

"You remembered my name?"She asked, her smile brightening.

"I saw it on the note."

"oh." her smile faded.

"So, what do you want to see me for?"I asked as I walked over to the bench and sat down. She walked over and sat next to me.

"Before that, how's life?" she asked.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Life’s okayyy." I replied.

"Is it any hard? Any different than your previous life?" she asked.

Something clicked in my mind. Does she know about me and Soomin? She looked at my expression and added.

"You know, you look kind of tired nowadays." she said.

"Oh. I'm fine. Just caught up in homework."

She must have found it hard to believe. Homework. Ha! Like I ever did anyone of them.

"I have to tell you something."

"Shoot."

"You know how things happened when you're in a relationship and sometimes things go wrong? And how sometimes you may forget some things." she babbled on.

I frowned. What the heck was she talking about?

"And when someone makes a one wrong mistake and it leads to another and soon, before we know it, a baby came?" she said.

My eyes widened and I looked right into her eye. She lowered her head to avoid eye contact.

"Well, I...erm..."

"Get to the point already." I urged.

"Soomin...she's...our child." Minyoung finished.