Troubles and Fights

My Life As A...Daddy?!

 "...lee." she ended.

I let out my breath and sighed. So she's not Soomin's mum.

"Why?"

"You look like her." I told her, pointing at Soomin who was plucking on the leaves.

She just laughed and continued playing with Soomin.

"I should go home now." I told her and got up.

"Sure. “She said as she got up too.

"I can walk you home if you like?" I requested.

"No, Soomin already missed her bedtime. I'll be fine. But if anything happens to Soomin, then you're not going to be.” she said.

"Have some pity on me. I'm still human." I frowned. She's being bias. Like my....dad.

"If that happens, that just means one thing." she concluded and held up a finger.

"What?" I asked.

"You, “she pointed her finger at me. “Are gay. “She said and burst out laughing.   I laughed but stopped and gave her one of my eye glare. She didn’t catch it until she stood up from laughing and caught me glaring at her. Her laugh fade away and soon did the smile.

“I didn’t m-mean to.”She said softly.

I continued glaring at her and when I couldn’t take it any longer, it was my turn to burst out laughing.

“Yah!” She shouted.

I heard Soomin giggling too. I don’t think she even knows what is happening.

“Soomin’s laughing at me too. This is not fair.” She said and pouted, folding her hands across her chest.

That was the Chaeyeon I knew last time, it’s just a wonder to me she didn’t change after we broke up. At least 99.99% of the girls did.

“Fine, do on home then. I’ll go too.” She said and turned around, walking back home.

Still laughing, I shouted back to her, “Sorry!”

“Whatever.” She waved without turning.

I looked down to see Soomin looking sadly at the image of Chaeyeon disappearing.

"Don’t worry, you'll see her again soon."

Walking home, I thought back to the meeting and got a surprise. I wasn’t acting like my playboy style. Is it because of Soomin? I looked down at her. She was still playing with the grasses she plucked.

"You’re amazing. Real amazing." I grunted as she ignored me. "No wait. You can’t put that into your mouth." I told her and pulled her hand away from . I released her and she moved her hands towards again.

"Soomin. I said you can’t put that into your mouth."

She looked at me with her eyes wide and mouth open.

"Grass is not eatable, unless you're a goat, which you're not. You're human and human's only eat grass that is cooked. And you never eat vegetables when I give it to you. Are you trying to go against me?" I explained and scolded.

She looked at me and blinked a few times. Then, she put her hand down and released the grasses in her hands.

"That’s a good g-"I stopped midway.

. I'm starting to be like my dad.

"That’s good." I finished.

Life was a nightmare again. I had to be woken up in the middle of the night and bring her to her grandma house, dealing again with the childishness of the members yet again.

"Don’t worry Soomin. We'll come and play with you today." Yoseob assured.

"Sorry about yesterday. You must have had a fright." Hyunseung apologized.

"You know she don’t understand what you guys are saying right?"I asked them, staring incredulously.

"Of course she does! Look! She's saying she's forgiven us!"Doojoon said and pointed to Soomin who was eating the lollipop Kikwang gave her.

"She eats anything you give her. She's almost like a dog." I told him while rolling my eyes.

"Yah! How could you say your daughter's a dog?" Kikwang scolded.

"Yeah! She's should be a puppy!"Dongwoon added.

Everyone turned their glare at him while he dropped his head down and ignore the stares they were giving him. I swore I could hear him saying, "I mean, a cute puppy."

"Right. Let’s go." I told them and at least this time, they agreed.

Luckily we weren’t late. Just when school was over, a group of gang members came up to us.

"Junhyung." the head leader, Taecyeon, nodded his head at me.

"What do you guys want?"Hyunseung asked in a low voice.

Let’s just say both of us are the school's most popular group and playboys and there's some type of hatred between us. I mean, I didn’t even know how it started. By a pencil? I can’t remember. The important thing is that, we hated each other. Its hatred to the point of impossible.

"Nothing. We just heard that..."woo young smirked and paused for awhile."...that you're a daddy."

My eyes widen in surprise. I looked over to the other members and they all shook their head. So it wasn’t them who tattletaled. That just means they must have overheard.

"Awww...don’t be shocked. Its time you became one, with so many girls. I was surprised why you still didn’t have one." Junho said and the others laughed.

"I saw your daughter." Chansung said while walking forward. “She’s cute. Just like you."

"Beware we don’t kidnap her away." Junsu snickered.

"Don’t you dare." I growled.

I, for one, was shocked at how I was behaving. When did i become so protective? Usually, i just ignore whatever stupid insult they're saying.

"I thought you didn’t want her. You said that she wasn’t yours. You thought she was an obstacle in your life, blocking you from happiness and ruining your life. " Nichkhun smirked but it turned into a mean one with his mouth in a straight line and eyes glaring at me. “You said she was a useless piece of crap."

Well, I didn’t know what came into me, but I rushed forward with my fist raised and it flew across his cheek. The next thing I knew, there was a riot holding me and Nichkhun back from killing each other.

"Don’t you ever call her that! You better listen, one more time, and I’ll make sure you'll live your whole life as a cripple." I hissed and shoved Doojoon and kikwang's hands away. I my heels and walked away.

I didn’t know where it was leading me to. But I found out it actually led me to the school rooftop garden. Everyone thought it was hunted since two students jumped to their death here before but I don’t see anything scary about it. It’s the opposite actually. I went to one side and leaned against the wall, sliding down onto the floor.

Whenever I was down, or sleepy, if always came to this place. But I forgot who brought me here...

"Hi Junhyung." I heard a firm lair voice greet.

I looked up and saw chaeyeon.

Now I remember. It was her...

"You’re in my property. “She told me and frowned with her arms crossed.

"Oh. Right. Sorry." I told her and stood up but she placed a hand on my arm and pushed me gently back down.

"I was just kidding." her frown replaced by a soft grin.

She sat down next to me.

"What happened to your cheek?"She asked and touched it.

I winced and moved away.

"You got into a fight again?"

I didn’t answer her and continued staring in front.

We stayed seated like that with the wind blowing gently on our faces.

"I have to go. I have to fetch Soomin." I told her and stood up, walking away. Just before I turned the corner, I could hear her say something but didn’t catch it so I continued, not bothering to ask.

                                                                                          ~~~~~~~~~~

"I’m happy you still remember this place Junhyung." I whispered as I watch him disappear.

                                                                                           ~~~~~~~~~~

I walked to my grandma house alone since the members have already gone who knows where. I opened the door to my grandma house only to be greeted by someone shouting.

"Duck, Junhyung! Duck!" a voice that sounded like Dongwoon shouted.

"Duck? What d-"

I suddenly got hit in the head before I could finish my sentence. I tumbled backwards and fell to the ground, clutching onto my head which was throbbing in pain.

"Junhyung, are you okay?" Dongwoon asked while the other members crowd around me.

"Does this look like okay to you?!"I took my hand off and heard some gasps.

"Omo...you're got a cut..."Kikwang whispered.

"I know...OW!"I winced in pain and saw yoseob retreating his finger.

"Sorry. I just wanted to touch it." he shrugged. “Its swelling.” he informed.

I scoffed.

"As if I didn’t know."

I touched the cut twice to see if it was bleeding while the others looked in silence.

"Who did this?!!"I burst out; causing them to jump is surprise.

The others looked at each other nervously. Then, they all too some glances towards Soomin. I turned to see her staring back wide eyed at us with opened and those children's blocks in her hands. I looked down to see what hit me.

It was those blocks.

I looked back at Soomin who was now looking directly at me. Inside I wanted to scold and yell at her like I usually do but something's stopping me.

"Junhyung, you shouldn’t blame her." Hyunseung said softly.

"Whatever." I told her and tore my gaze from her. I went up to the spare room my grandparents had for me and locked the door.

And then it struck me.

All those times I was looking at Soomin while she was sleeping. All those times where I stood up for her and even got into a fight.

And even when one time, I woke up and found out there was no milk left and I was rushing for school and the first thing that I saw was Soomin’s milk bottle. She didn’t had much of an apetite that day so I did what I had to do. It didn’t taste good, to say the truth. But it was much better than orange juice.

All these proves one thing.

I’m really becoming a dad now.