Trouble Itself Came Back

My Life As A...Daddy?!

 

"Oh! Junhyung! Oh my gosh...your kitchen is such a maze! Especially in the dark." she called out when she saw me.

She rushed over to me. She still looks the same to me. Long, sandy blonde hair. Big hazel eyes. And also, that infamous smile of hers which always gets her out of any trouble. And then, I saw a small cut on her cheek.

"What happened?" I asked, pointing to it.

She reached up her hand to feel it herself and just smiled to herself.

"Just a small cut when I was in your kitchen. In the dark." she added.

"You need a plaster there." I blurted out.

She only gave a small smile.

"You’re still the same Junhyung..."

I was surprised at that comment. Ever since young, I have always treated her like a gem. I had always wanted a younger sister. And yes, I’m very protective of her.

"Why’d you say that?"

"Mum kicked me out of the house." she confessed.

"Now for what?"

It’s usual to see her getting in trouble. She's always getting into trouble. Although she doesn’t look like those sorts with those innocent eyes, angelic smile and her fashion sense.

"I broke the fire extinguisher."

"Only?"

I WAS once the bad boy in my school.

"And threw it at a jerk's head." she grinned.

My eyes widen. It must have hurt. That guy, I mean.

"So, how's that jerk?"

"Okay. Just a concussion. But he'd be fine."

"What did he do?"

"He mocked me for having a stupid smile and greasy hair. Please! He's just a sissy and jealous of my silky hair!"

I smirked at her. Yup, that’s her alright.

"So can I stay here for awhile? I traveled a long distance!" she asked.

"Well..."

Having a baby in my house is enough. With another one...

"Pretty please?"

She looked up at me, giving me her puppy dog eyes and pouting. I looked away. It’s because of that that she always gets her way.

"With me on top?" she added.

I looked back down at her and she was still giving me the same type of look.

Don’t fall for it Junhyung. If you do, you're gay! Dont dont dont!

"whatever." my mouth spewed out the words before I could stop it.

"Assa! You're the best!" she screamed in delight.

I sighed in defeat.

"Just promise me you won’t destroy anything in the house. We really can’t afford it." I pleaded.

"Okok. I promise. I'll go to the spare room!"

She raced up before I could say anything.

I was getting some orange juice when she came running back down and smacking me on the head.

"Ow! What the heck was that for?!" I shouted in pain and soothed the pain.

"You come with me." she hissed out.

She took my hand and led me up to the room. I knew what was coming. She must have saw Soomin. And I was right. She led me right into my room and to the cot.

"What is that?" she asked, pointing at Soomin's sleeping figure.

"Well, let’s just say, I’m a daddy? And she's Soomin, not that." I said while scratching my head.

She glared at me.

"Ha-ha..."I laughed half heartedly.

"You can still haha? I am one year younger than you but at least I still have senses! I know well enough that I’m not supposed to have a baby at this age!" she hissed.

"I didn’t know it too! It just happened."

"Eungh..."

We both look down to see Soomin flipping over and laying on her stomach, falling asleep again.

"Let’s talk this outside." I took her hand and led her out.

We sat down on the sofa and looked at each other in silence.

"When did she come?" she broke the silence and asked.

"I don’t know. She arrived at my doorstep. Her mum says she can’t take care of her by herself."

Now that I said it myself, I haven’t had a heart to heart talk with Minyoung about Soomin yet...

"So you know who the mum is?"

"Yeah..." I said, pulling at the thread sticking out from my shirt.

"I can’t believe you're a dad... she's really your child right?"

"Confirmed by dna." I nodded my head.

"You okay with that?"

"Not at first but I’m getting used to it."

Again, silence.

"You love her?"

"You mean Soomin or the mum?"

"Soomin."

I paused to think about it.

"Junhyung, don’t take so long to answer. It’s a yes or a no."

"Yes. I love Soomin."

"Then Minyoung?"

"That not so much."

"So what? You're gonna be a male widow? Don’t you want a wife or at least a girl to become Soomin's mum? She needs a mum, fyi."

The first woman that popped up in my mind for Soomin was not Minyoung though.

"Junhyung, you're not answering."

"Then you be the mum!" I shouted out, frustrated. Why are girls always lecturing me nowadays!

"It must be hard." she said with pity in her voice.

"It is."

"You look tired."

"I am." I admitted.

Could it be...?

"Get used to it." she ended.

Stupid me. For awhile there, I thought that sympathy from my 17 year old cousin was heading my way.

"Thanks." I said sarcastically.

"No really. You have to start a new life if you want to become a good daddy.  Not like mine. That stupid jerk." she turned her look into a glare." I swear, if you become like that to Soomin, I’ll kill you. And stop being a rebel. I myself would change one day when I become mums so don’t even tell me about it."

"Why are you so protective over her anyway?"

"She’s my niece after all. Talking about that, I’ve not taken a good look at her yet." she said and stood up, going back up to the room.

"Don’t wake her up." I reminded.

"I won’t."

But not long after, I heard a loud, ear breaking scream followed by loud wailing.

"Yong Jaeyeon!!"

I sighed in exasperation.

"Sorry!" she screamed back.

Now I’m going to have trouble putting Soomin back to sleep again.