Hopsital Results

My Life As A...Daddy?!

After school the next day, the 5 guys were following me to the hospital for the blood test. Chaeyeon and Minyoung were already there, and they were looking awkward sitting next to each other.

"Oh...what do I see here? A love triangle?" Doojoon said playfully as he moved his eyebrows up and down.

"Shut up." I slapped him on his shoulder.

"Shall we go in now?" Minyoung asked.

I nodded and followed her into the room with Soomin and Chaeyeon following behind. Kikwang was following too until I stopped walking and he bumped into me.

“What are you doing hyung?" he asked.

"Why are you coming in? You're not supposed to come in."

"I’m not?"

"Yeah, you're not."

"Oh..."

He stood there like he was thinking really hard before turning around and leaving the room.

"Please take turns going to the doctor to take out some blood. Can the baby go first?" the nurse asked once we were inside.

"I’ll take her." both Chaeyeon and Minyoung said at the same time.

They looked at each other and I swore, even if they weren't speaking, there was sparks coming out from their eyes. To avoid any cat fight, I sacrificed myself.

"I’ll take her." I told the nurse and she told me to sit on the chair. Once seated, she asked me to take out Soomin’s sweater and roll up the sleeves to her shirt. And then, they took out the needle or something like that to take out the blood.

My heart started thumping fast but it wasn’t for me. It was actually for Soomin. Have she ever done this? What if it hurts? I looked over at Soomin but she looks perfectly fine. But that’s cause she doesn’t know the pain and danger that was going to come to her soon. The nurse started putting some of the numbing medicine on the cotton wool and was about to apply it to Soomin when I pulled her away. The nurse looked at me questioningly.

"Is it going to hurt?" I asked.

"No it won’t. She won’t feel anything." she reassured.

I looked at her warily before letting her apply the medicine on her hand. Then, she injected the tube like thing. And blood started filling up. I looked nervously, darting my eyes from Soomin to the tube and back again. But Soomin looks perfectly fine, and before I knew it, the blood had been collected.

"Are you okay?" I asked Soomin. She just looked at me and blinked her eyes so I took it as a yes. Then, it was Minyoung’s turn before chaeyeon and me.

"Now, would you wait outside for a few minutes while it’s being processed?" the nurse instructed.

We went out of the room and the guys flooded in on Soomin, asking if she was okay and if it hurt. Yoseob even had her favorite soft toy.

After a moment of silence, the nurse finally came out of the room and asked the three of us to go in.

And the news wasn’t shocking, just upsetting.

Turns out the blood for Minyoung, me and Soomin really matched and chaeyeon has not a single blood relation with me.

Minyoung looked normal, since she knew she was the mum. And chaeyeon too look calm since she knows she isn’t the mum. Soomin was playing with her legs but I can tell she's not happy too although she's got a smile on her face. Since it was late, we decided to just go straight home.

"I’m going to my grandma house? Wanna come along for dinner?" I asked, directing the question to all of them. The 5 boys nodded and Minyoung and chaeyeon nodded too.

But when Doojoon saw it, he piped up and said:"it’s okay. You guys go ahead. We need to go home for dinner."

The other members got the idea too and nodded their head. Except for Hyunseung.

"My mum's not cooking so I can come." he said while playing with Soomin.

"No. Your mum is cooking right?" Kikwang said and winked his eyes. But still, the clueless Hyunseung didn’t get it.

"What are you talking about? And is something wrong with your eye?" he asked.

Dongwoon sighed, walked to him and pulled him away while Hyunseung was arguing that he wanted to eat my grandma's kimchi stew. I saw Dongwoon whisper something to Hyunseung and he gave the 'oh' look and nodded his head.

I turned back to look at the two girls.

"So...we'll go now?" I asked. The two girls nodded and Minyoung stepped forward.

"I’ll push Soomin." she said and pushed the pram. On the way, the two girls kept on arguing on who get to push the pram so by the time we got back, I had had a major headache.

"We’re...home." I shouted.

"You brought anyone home?" she asked from the kitchen.

"Erm..."I looked over to the two girls. "Yeap."

"Chaeyeon?"

I looked over to the two girls, mainly to Minyoung and her cheeks look a little reddish.

"And another one."

My grandma appeared and looked over to Minyoung.

"Now who's this young lady?" she asked.

"I’m Minyoung." Minyoung said politely. "Soomin’s mum."

My grandma's mouth open to form an o as me and chaeyeon looked at her.

"Soomin's...mum?" my grandma asked, shocked.

"Yes."

"I see..." she nodded her head. “Dinner will be ready soon." she said and went back into the kitchen.

Chaeyeon and Minyoung helped set up the table while I played with Soomin in the living room.

"Dinner’s ready!" chaeyeon shouted and I went inside to be greeted by the aroma. There was silence as we ate until my grandma broke the ice.

"So...how old are you two."

"We’re both 18 years old." Minyoung said and chaeyeon nodded.

"18 years old and you're a mum." grandma directed that at Minyoung and she blushed.

"And who do you like, Junhyung?" she asked.

"Halmoni!"

Why would she even ask this type of question?!

Halmoni looked over at chaeyeon than to Minyoung and back to chaeyeon again. Then, she let out a soft chuckle and went back to eating. I ate like a rocket and went out to the living room to avoid any further embarrassment.

"Junhyung, it’s late. Send the girls home." my grandmother said after they ate finish.

I agreed, wrapped myself and Soomin up in warm clothes and was about to head out when my grandmother piped up.

"So where do you live?" she asked the two girls.

"I live at just down the road from junhyung's house." chaeyeon said while Minyoung told her that she lives a few minutes’ walk from here.

"That’s quite far. Why not I drive you?" my grandmother asked Minyoung.

Minyoung and Chaeyeon's eyes widened.

"Don’t think that I’m just some old hag. I drive a car." she confirmed. "So are you on?" she asked Minyoung again.

Minyoung looked over at me desperately. I knew she wanted to walk with us. I know she doesn’t want to leave me and chaeyeon alone together. But before I can say anything, my grandmother said cheerfully:"then it’s settled than. You take my car and Junhyung, you send chaeyeon home."

And while me and chaeyeon walked the other direction, I could swear that my halmoni gave me a knowing wink.