Baby-Witched

My Life As A...Daddy?!

 "So...what do you want for breakfast?"

I heard dad say that babies can’t eat any food except for milk and baby products.

"You don’t have much choice do you?" I said, pitying her. "Then I’ll make you something that you can eat. Are you teething right now?" I asked.

I asked her to open and I saw a little whiteness coming from her gums.

Then, I went to make her breakfast which consists of fresh milk in her baby cup and a bowl of porridge. I place the food in front of her.

"Tuck in!"

But again, she gave me one of her famous stares. I got it and took the bowl from her feeding her slowly. It’s the first time I ever fed someone, except for that time I tried feeding my brother when we were young and in the end scalded him. I was scared I’ll make the same mistake with Soomin.

"Say ah..."I told her, opening my mouth along with hers. I put the spoon into the mouth and she clamped on it. I pulled it out but she wouldn’t let go.

"You can let go now Soomin." I told her, still trying to pull it out gently. But it still didn’t bulge.

"Come on..."I urged, yanking at it a little harder. When she still wouldn’t let go, I just gave a hard tug and it flew out. I gave her a glare.

"For a girl like you, you sure are strong."

She just giggled and chewed on her food. When does porridge needs chewing? I made myself a cup of milk and porridge too, feeding her while eating mine. By the time those were done and she was brought to sleep again, it was already 6 o clock.

So I rushed around, trying to get ready for school.

"You’re fetching her to grandma house right dad?" i asked while hopping around, trying to put on my socks.

"I have to rush. You just bring her there yourself than go to school. It’s near anyway. “He told me and went out the door.

"No..."

I was starting to regret my life. Why oh why did I have to do that? I went to collect Soomin, placing her in her buggy while carrying my school bag. Just then, Doojoon started calling me.

"Hey! Where are you? We've been waiting at hyunseung's house for so long!"he shouted into the receiver.

I told them to meet me at my grandma house and once they saw the baby and heard my explanation, boy did they hit the roof.

"So that baby is your baby?" Yoseob asked.

"You’re already a dad?"

"Congratulations!"

"Wow...you're so lucky!"

"Who’s the mum?"

Many questions came flying my way.

"She’s not mine yet okay? I’m gonna do a DNA check. And I don’t know who the mum is. I’m just stuck with this thing."

"Awww...but she's so beautiful...she does resemble you a little..."Kikwang said, looking at the sleeping baby.

Soomin was already awake and she was happy while the other guys played with her. Babies could really make someone bring out their soft side. I mean, look, Doojoon is even acting cute in spite of him and his manliness.

"Okay guys, we have to get to school soon." I told them but they just ignored me and continued playing with her.

"Guys, we have to get going." I said a little louder but again, they didn’t hear. Dongwoon even picked her up and place her on his shoulders, running everywhere while the others ran after him, telling him to be careful.

"We have to go to school now so put the baby down!" I yelled and they all freeze and looked at me.

"Sheesh...when were you scared of being late for school?"Hyunseung said as Dongwoon placed the baby back in her buggy.

"Well, by the pace we're going, I don’t think you guys would be letting her go by the end of the day if no one came to stop you."

The others took at least 15 minutes saying bye to her, not wanting to leave.

In the end, I had to pull them away one by one and order them to stay.

"Okay." I said as we all stood at the walkway. “Now we can go....wait. Where's Yoseob?" I asked.

The others shrugged and looked at my grandma house. I turned around and saw him looking through the window.

"Yang Yoseob! Get your back here right now!" I shouted.

He turned around and pouted, giving me his puppy dog eyes. I marched towards him and pulled him by the collar. Once I let go of him, he started running back but I grabbed onto him and pulled him along with me towards school.

"You guys..."I said through gritted teeth.

"Where are you going after school Junhyung?"Kikwang asked.

"Of course to the movies. Didn’t we say we wanted to see the new release?" I asked.

They looked around at each other

"But...we can go another time. Can’t we, you know, come back here?"Doojoon asked with a smile.

"You want to come back here? Why?" I asked.

"For Soomin of course!" Doojoon said while the others nodded behind him.

I looked at them. They were really hypnotized.

"How could you not want to spend time with her?" Dongwoon asked.

"I don’t know. I don’t really feel like I want to."

They all gaped at me.

"You’re one weirdo for sure." Yoseob said as we were walking.

"Watch it before I pummel you." I told him and he held up his arms to protect himself.

Well, we were late for school, as normal. But this time, it was for a completely different reason.

"And your reason?" the school guard asked.

"We had to drop of junhyung's baby." Hyunseung blurted out. I glared at him as he tried avoiding my eye contact.

But for something, the guard didn’t seem shocked. Well, I guess that’s what happens when I’m the school playboy.

"She’s actually my niece." I told her.

The others gave me weird stares.

"Fine. Go on in. You'll be serving detention." she said and let us in.

"I guess it’s going to be the 6 of us again huh?" Doojoon said.

"But is it still okay if we go and visit Soomin after that?"Kikwang asked.

I just ignored him as I walked ahead of them.

"Seems like someone is having PMS." Dongwoon’s voice said.

"Maybe he took on a role of a mum too." Doojoon said and everyone laughed.

I spun around, causing them to have a shock. Yoseob couldn’t stop in time and collided into me.

"Seriously guys, say some more and I’m going to put her into foster care somewhere far, far away and you'll never get to see her again." I sputtered and turned around before they could say anything else.

"Fine! We're sorry!"I heard Hyunseung yelled out.

"Just don’t touch Soomin alright?!"Yoseob added.

Pft! Again it’s about Soomin.