Another Chance

My Life As A...Daddy?!

 

"Junhyung, its time." my brother came in to tell me.

I was sitting there for awhile, thinking on what I should do. And I made up my mind. I'm not just going to abandon Minyoung like that after all that she's done for me. If Chaeyeon thinks what she done was right, then she is. If she thinks its better this way, then so be it. I took a deep breath; made sure my outfit wasn't rumpled and went out.

I stood outside the big doors and I could hear the music playing inside the church hall.

"You ready, bro?" Jaehyun asked.

"Of course I am." I told him.

"Good luck. “He said and patted me lightly on the back.

"Don't worry, you'll find yours someday soon," I joked, raising my hand to ruffle his hair when he stopped me.

"Hyung! This took me a long time to style!" he shouted in defense and swiped my hand off.

I chuckled at him and then, the door opened.

It was such a heart wrecking experience, to walk down that aisle with everyone looking at me. Nearing the front, I caught sight of my dad and Soomin sitting on his lap. And then, there was grandma and Jaeyeon. They were smiling but i knew deep down, they wished i was marrying someone else. And then, there was my group of friends. They really stand out of the group. Everyone was sitting down, while they were standing up, cheering and whistling. I saw the priest shoot them a deadly glare. When I have walked to the front, the priest asked me to stand at his left hand side. And then, the music started again, the doors opened and in came Minyoung. She was, truly beautiful in that gown. And just then, Chaeyeon popped up in my mind. I shook my head to get her off.

Stop thinking about her, Junhyung.

Minyoung was smiling widely, but something about her smile, it just wasn’t...full. There was remorse somewhere deep inside but I didn’t think much of it. She reached the end of the aisle and stood next to me. When everyone quietened down, the priest started talking.

"May the two couple face each other." he started. When we did, he continued.

(I really don’t know the process of what he's supposed to say so I'm just saying fake stuffs.)

"Do you, Yong Junhyung, take Soo Minyoung, as your legal wife and promise to take care of her and love her through thick and thin?"(I said it, I really don’t know how these things are done or said.)

Holding on to Minyoung's hands; "I do."

"Do you, Soo Minyoung, take Yong Junhyung, as your legal husband and promise to take care of him and love him through thick and thin?"

She looked into my eyes. She looked at me, moving her eyes left and right, like she's searching something from me. There was a sign of hesitancy on her face. Her eyes that were searching mine held pain and bitterness.

"I..." she paused and held on.

My smile turned into a frown. What was going on with her?

"I..." she tried again.

She looked at me one last time, closed her eyes and bit down hard on her lips until I saw that it had gone from cherry red to pale white. I see her body breathing in a deep breath and she opened her eyes while releasing the breathe.

"I'm sorry, Junhyung. I can't marry you." she ended.

Everyone in the crowd started talking in hushed tones. The priest doesn’t look a single bit surprise, maybe he saw it happened many times. I saw it too, on TV and books, but never in real life. I looked questioningly at Minyoung.

"I'm sorry, Junhyung. But I can't get married to a guy who doesn’t have a heart for me. I know you still love Chaeyeon."

I opened my mouth to protest but she cut me off.

"Please don’t deny it. It only makes it worse." her pained face turned into a forced smile.

She took my hand and held on to it tightly.

"I don’t want to be with someone who doesn’t love me, and neither can you be with someone you don’t love. You're still in love with Chaeyeon, do you think I don’t know after being with you for so many years?" she chuckled to herself.

"I want you to get back with Chaeyeon." she said, softly but determined.

"But what about us?" I asked.

"Us is impossible. And I want you to take Soomin. I...don’t think I can take care of her myself." she said.

I looked at her pitifully. I know it must be hard to let me go.

"I just saw Chaeyeon here awhile ago."

I looked at her and she gave me a light push.

"What are you waiting for?"

"You okay?" I blurt out.

"How can I not be? I just gave up my marriage for the guy I loved happiness."

I stared in shock and surprise.

"I was just kidding! Go get her back Junhyung."

She took out something from her pocket, took my hand, placed it inside and closed it. She let go of my hand and I opened it up, seeing the ring that we both bought for the wedding. I looked back up at her. She gave me a smile.

"Good luck."

I gave her a smile back.

"Thanks." I said and ran out of the church.

And then I realized, I didn’t ask where she is. Again. And then, I saw Doojoon staring at me by the doorway and I got an idea.

"Yah, lend me your hand phone."

"Wae?"

"Just lend it to me."

"Shiro. I have private things in it."

"You really not gonna lend me?"

"Nope."

I just grabbed hold of him and stuffed my hand into his pocket. Feeling the phone, I quickly pulled it out.

"Yah!" he shouted angrily.

"Mianhe!"

I said and ran away. When I lost sight of him, I quickly sent a message to chaeyeon.

"Can you please meet Junhyung?" I sent a message using doojoon's phone.

It took a while but she replied back after 3 minutes.

"Why? Isn’t he getting married today?"

I can’t just put that I called off the wedding. She won’t want to see me.

"The wedding was called off."

After 3 minutes again, she replied back.

"Why?"

"Soomin's missing."

Her reply came back immediately this time.

"I’ll meet you there."

"No! Meet me at the park."

"You lost her there?"

"Junhyung did. Just meet me there. Bye."

I ended the message conversation and smiled to myself.

 

I quickly rushed to the park, although it’s a little hard while I'm in a suit or a tux. When I reached there, my was drenched with sweat. But there was Chaeyeon, early like always.

"Junhyung! Where's Doojoon? Did you see Soomin? I tried finding her here before you arrived. But she's not here." she kept on blabbering on.

"Well..." I said, rubbing my head.

"What? Did you find her? Did something happen to her?" she asked, her eyes wide, on the brink of crying.

"We didn't find her. She's still missing," I lied."She's just missing like that." I pushed on.

"But how can she be missing like that? She's so young! What if she's kidnapped and we'll never see her again?" she started crying, burrowing her head in her hands.

Oh . I didn't mean to push this far. I was just thinking of joking.

"Er...Chaeyeon..."

"How could you still be so calm when your daughter's missing?!" she continued to bawl out.

Everyone at the park was looking at us, but mainly at me. They thought I was the bad guy!

"Chaeyeon-ah, you gotta stop crying. People are looking," I tried whispering to her.

She didn't stop but at least she made her crying softer.

I didn't know what to do, as a guy; I was never good in comforting people. So following what all those drama does, I just pulled Chaeyeon into a hug and let her cry it all out.

“Chaeyeon, I was just lying.” I said softly, whispering it into her ears.

She suddenly froze when I told her the truth. She pushed away from me, but I continued to hug her, not letting her go.

“Let me go.”

“No.”

“I said let me go, Junhyung.” She said again, saying it louder.

I didn’t let go still and she struggled in my arms.

“I don’t want to make the same mistake of letting you go again.” I said and this time, she stopped stuggling.