A single flower

A Class Love

Sohee woke up to the strong aroma of medicine and soap. After a few seconds of confusion, she relized that she was in a hospital. Soon after, someone had entered the room. Though she was fully awake, her eyes were heavy so she kept them closed. She felt some one sit on the edge of the bed.

 

"Sohee ah? Are you up?" She reconinized the gentle voice as Taeyang. She said nothing and remained in her corpselike stature. Her hands were folded on her stomach with her head proped up on a single pillow. And though some of the color in her face had returned, she still looked rather cadaverous.

 

"You know," She heard him say. "My mother taught me a trick to figure out if someone is really asleep or not." He took out a pen from his pocket and help the tip extremly close to the corner of her eye. So close that it was almost touching. "Usually, the person having this done to them will become uneasy. The trick is, only a concious person can feel this nerve without being touched."

 

After a while, she started to get uncomfortable. She whimpered and squirmed around under the blanket. Hearing him chuckle, she realized her defeat. Slowly, she opened her eyes and was almost blinded by the harsh lights of the hospital room. It took a good 2 minutes for her eyes to adjust, and when they finally did, she could see Taeyang's sweet face.

 

"Good morn- err... afternoon." He said in a cheerful tone.

 

She stared at him for a second, trying to remember what had happened. Seeing her confusion, Tae helped her sit up and plopped down beside her.

 

"When I heard about what happened, I wanted to make sure you were okay. I talked to one of your friends and after she gave me your address, I left school early to come see you. When I got there,  I realized something was wrong because you weren’t responding to me. So after panicking like a fool, I carried you to the hospital.” He laughed. “You’re actually not that heavy.”

Sohee combed her fingers through her hair. “You carried me all the way here?”

“Yeh. As soon as I walked through the door, doctors rushed over to me and took you out of my arms. You’re too pretty for them to ignore.” He pat her head. “Anyway. Once you were all settled up in a room, one of the nurses came out and told me what was going on. They said that you consumed large amounts of prescription pills. They had to pump your stomach twice; I’m surprised that didn’t wake you up.” He looked at his watch. “I brought you in at around 8:00am and its 3:00pm now. Whoa, you’ve been asleep for some time now.  I’m glad you’re okay now though.”

“You stayed here with me for 7 hours?” She questioned.

“Yep.”

“You should’ve just let me die and saved yourself the trouble.” She sounded a bit angry.

He looked at her with a calm expression. “It wouldn’t feel right if you weren’t around anymore.”

She blushed and turned her body to the side, crossing her arms. “Wae? You don’t make any sense.” She sounded angrier than she intended. She couldn’t understand why he was being so nice to her; they barely knew each other.

He stood up from the bed. For a second, Sohee thought he was about to leave and she started to feel bad. She was relieved when he walked around the bed, kneeled in front of her, and held her hands gently. 

“I know it seems weird since we just met, but I can’t help it. I…” He searched for the right words to say. “I feel different around you than with anyone else. It’s unexplainable. Just know that you’re special okay?”

She lowered her eyes to his hands on hers and remained quiet. Realizing she wasn’t saying anything, Taeyang squeezed her hand gently. “I won’t ask questions or scold you. I’m just grateful that I’m still able to hold your hand like this.”

She cracked a small smile.

His face lit up. “There’s that beautiful smile.”

After hearing his statement, she blushed and covered her face with her small hands.

He laughed. “Don’t hide from me sweetheart.” He got in closer and removed her hands so he could look into her eyes. Once she was looking him dead in the face, she noticed that their noses were just centermeters away from eachother. They sat there for a moment and stared at each other’s bright red faces. Then, all of a sudden, Taeyang’s phone went off. Hesitantly, he moved away from her and pulled his phone from his pocket.

“Yeobseyo?...Oh that…Yeh…Mianhae umma… I’ll explain everthing when I get home… okay.” He hung up and turned to Sohee. “You ready to go? The doctors said I could take you home as soon as you woke up.”

She nodded weakly and threw the covers off of her legs. Before she could even touch the ground, Taeyang was there to swoop her up bridial style.

“I got you princess.”

About 20 minutes later

Taeyang gently placed Sohee in her bed and pulled the covers over her. He then kneeled beside her and rested his chin on his hand so he could look at her.

She batted her eyelashes at him. “Aren’t you going to school oppa?”

He shook his head. “Not when you’re all weak in bed. I’ll stay and take care of you.”

“Are you sure it’s such a good idea for us to be here alone?”

He scratched the back of his head and laughed nervously. “I guess not. Umm, do you want me to call your appa?”

“Yeh, his work number is on the fridge.”

“Alright.” He left the room then returned a few minutes later. “He’s on his way.”

She nodded. “Thanks.”

“Hey, you’re friends have cell phones right?”

“Yeh.” 

“Give me one of their numbers so I can tell them what happened. I’m sure they’d want to come and see you.”

At school

Sunmi was sitting in her last period class she felt her phone vibrate in her shirt pocket.  She pulled it out and examined the screen. 

~Hey it’s Teayang, Sohee he friend. So here’s what happened…~

After reading the full message, Sunmi gasped harshly (dramaticly really) and started packing her back. Once she had everything together, she ran out of the class room.

“YAH!” The teacher yelled. “We still have 2 minutes of class left!!”

She ran like a maniac to Lim’s class and waited outside the door. As soon as the bell rang, Mimi yanked Lim to the side and told her everything that happened.

 

“What?! Is she okay??” Lim asked franticly.

“Yeh; that guy from this morning, I think his name is Taeyang, he’s taking care of her at her house.”

Lim painted an angry expression on her face, grabbed Mimi by the wrist, and dragged her down the hallway.

 

Jiyong stood at the front door of the school with some girls, discussing meeting times for later in the afternoon.

“Okay oppa, see you at 4.” Both girls said at the same time.

He smiled and turned around, only to be met with Lim and Sunmi. His smile faded away and was replaced by an annoyed frown as a groan escaped from his mouth. “It’s you two. What do I have to do to get you to leave me alone?”

It took almost all of Lim’s will power not to murder him right there on the spot. “Do you know what you’ve done?” She spoke in a low voice.

He looked at her half confused, half annoyed. “The hell are you talking about?” He sounded uninterested.

“You’re a little you know that?”

He instantly became offended. “Excuse me-“

“Don’t interrupt me while I’m talking.” She snapped. He shut his mouth and let her continue. “You’re little stunt almost killed my best friend. Because of those stupid picture, Sohee tried to commit suicide.” 

Jiyong’s heart came close to stoping. “W-what did you just say?”

“Suicide idiot! Because of you, my beloved friend almost took her own life.”

He cleared his throat. “Um… Well, this never would have happened if she didn’t go around telling people about our ‘engagement’.” He did air quotes. Sunmi, as dangerous as a deranged mental patient, steped closer to him.

“She wasn’t the onewho told, it was me.” Surprisingly enough, she sounded very calm, perhaps she felt  guilty about the whole thing. “Believe me, she wants NOTHING to do with you.”

It was a lot for him to take in. He didn’t expect things to get this far. “She was telling the truth? .” He paced back and forth, tangling his fingers in his hair. “Where is she?” He turned to Mimi with a desperate expression.

“Like I’m going to tell you!”

“Yeah, what happens if we tell you? You’re gonna take make fun of her in her face?” Lim joined in.

“What? I would never-“ He tried to defend himself but was cut off my Mimi.

“Oh please, as soon as I tell you where she is, you’re gonna go over to her house and start being a again.”

“So she’s at home. Thanks.” He sprinted out of the school.

“Ooops.” Sunmi covered a bit too late.

 

At SoSo’s house

Taeyang sat with Sohee in her bed; prattling away. Her dad had rushed home after hearing the news. He was in the kitchen preparing lunch as a “thank you” gift for Tae.

They talked about this and that, you know, random things. He didn’t bring up the suicide incident, or the picture scandal. They were just friends hanging out.

Out of nowhere, her head began to hurt. She clamped her hands to her head and pouted. Worried, Taeyang frowned. “What’s the matter?”

She dropped her hands and looked at him with puppy dog eyes. “Headache.” She whispered.  

“Omo.” He brushed some hair behind her ear then kissed her forehead.

“Sohee…?” There was a familiar voice across the room.

They both turned their heads to see Jiyong standing in her doorway with a single flower in his hand and a shocked, and somewhat hurt, expression on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter was crap -.-

I sorry T.T

I learned some new words... can't ya tell??

I've been sick lately so that's why I haven't been updatting D:

I have nothing else to say about this... this... this BOOTY! TT.TT

 

Listening to: Stop girl by U-kiss