Fair play

A Class Love

It was a week until finals and Sohee had been knee deep in studying lately. All she would do is come home, sit at the coffee table in front of the couch, and study. This often left Jiyong feeling lonely and bored. To ease his boredom, he took it upon himself to help her study.

"Let me help." He said as snatched a piece of paper out of her hand and began to examine it.

"Yah! Give it back. I'm trying to study." She stretched out her arm, trying to get it back.

He leaned back so she couldn't reach it. "You've been working non-stop. I wanna help."

She pouted. "I don't need your help."

He ignored her comment and continued to look over the paper. She sighed, taking the paper back. "When are you going home? You're really getting on my nerves."

He frowned. "Not anytime soon. Don't you like hanging out with me? I like hanging out with you. It reminds me of when were younger."

She continued to jot stuff down in her notebook. "That was when were friends."

"Well what are we now?" He moved closer to her, waiting for an answer.

She stopped to think, then turned to him. "We're nothing." Then she turned back to her text book.

He became frustrated; that wasn't the answer he wanted. "Why are you working so hard?" He spat in an annoyed tone. "You're just gonna end up marrying me anyway."

She ignored him and continued to study.

He let out a dramatic sigh and fell back on the couch. He needed something to get her attention. He reached out and began to draw small circles on her back with his slender finger. Much to his dismay, she remained silent. He then took a few strands of her hair and pushed it over her right shoulder, making sure she could see her paper clearly.

"Sohee ah..." He called out to her gently. "Remember when we kissed for the first time?"

She went stiff as he played with her hair.

He smiled and continued to speak. "We were sitting on this very couch. You were wearing a white tank top and a blue jean skirt. You smelled like strawberries." He brought her hair to his nose. "Like now. You were so cute on that day. But then again...I've always thought you were cute."

She turned to look at him. "Why are you talking about that?"

"To get your attention. You keep ignoring me and I knew that would get your attention."

She rolled her eyes. "I'm ignoring you so I wont fail my finals."

"But you've been studying for a week straight. You're gonna go crazy if you don't take a break."

She put her pen down, turning her body completely around to face him. "Well what do you suppose I do besides study?"

He thought for a moment then got an idea. "Let's go out." 

She gave him a funny look. "Where? It's already 9 at night." 

"The fair is in town and it's open all night. We can go there." 

She lowered her eyes, "I guess I could use a little break. But my appa can't know." 

He smiled, pulling her to her feet. "Kajja!" 

At the fair 

Jiyong walked in the front entrance, being greeted by a couple of other high schoolers from different schools. Sohee followed close behind quietly, smiling shyly whenever one of his friends would wave at her. As they were making their way through the crowd, someone started calling Ji's name. 

He looked around to see his friend, Junsu, waving at him. Jiyong motioned for Sohee to follow as he walked over to him. 

"What's up Ji. I haven't seen you around in a while." Junsu coolly greeted.  

Jiyong flashed his million dollar smile, activating his charming aura. Sohee watched him in amusement at how perfectly his words flowed from his mouth. 

"I went to your house but your Omma-nim said you weren't there." Junsu continued. "Where have you been?" 

"Ah, I had a little fight with my parents and they kicked me out. I've been staying with her." He pointed to Sohee. 

Junsu looked at her, smiling. "Hi there." 

She bowed. "Hi, I'm Sohee." 

"I'm Junsu, but you can call me Jun.K. So..." He moved closer. "Are you related to Ji?" 

Noticing his attempt to flirt, Jiyong threw his arm around her waist, pulling her to his side. "She's my fiance." He smirked as Sohee glared at him. 

Junsu nodded, backing up. "Chugha haeyo. I didn't know you were in a serious relationship." 

"We're trying to keep it on the low until summer vacation." 

The two boys talked about the engagement for a good 15 minutes. His arms was still wrapped around her waist as he talked. Whenever she would try to break free from him, he would only tighten his grip on her, making sure she wouldn't walk away from him. 

After he ended his conversation with Junsu, he let go of Sohee, looking down at her. "Are you okay? You were fidgeting a lot." 

She glared at him yet again. "Because I was being held captive by a madman. I know I shouldn't have come here with you. Take me back so I can finish studying." 

He pouted. "But we haven't gone on any rides yet or gotten anything to eat. Don't you at least want something to drink? I'll buy you whatever you want." 

Crossing her arms, she shrugged. "I guess I could go for a slushie" 

He smiled. "Ooo me too." 

After getting the drinks  

Jiyong had gulped down his entire slushie in just three gulps. Meanwhile, Sohee was about halfway done with hers. He watched as her tiny hands held on to the cup. The red liquid stained her lips slightly, making them look delious like berries. He bit his own lip, trying to refrain from kissing her right there. 

Noticing his staring, she turned to look up at him. "Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked, looking him up and down. 

"Like what?" He responded, still staring at her with glossed over eyes. 

She backed up, gripping her cup tighter. "Really. Are you okay? You have that psychotic look on your face again." 

He snapped out of his daze and chuckled nervously. "Do you have a problem with me looking at you? Believe it or not, you're really cute so I might look at you from time to time." 

She blushed, bringing her gaze to the ground. 

Seeing this, he smiled, taking her by the hand. "Come on. There's still a lot of stuff to do."  

For the rest of the night, Jiyong and Sohee got on rides, played carnival games, and ate funnel cake. Everything was going surprisingly well. There was even a couple of times where Jiyong had made Sohee laugh.  

3 Hours later 

Sohee yawned rubbing her eyes. "Oppa, I'm sleepy." She said as she walked behind Jiyong.

He turned to look at her in a bit of surprise. 

"What?" She asked, looking up at him.

"That's the first time in years since you've called me oppa." 

"Jinjja? I hadn't noticed." She yawned again. 

He nodded, taking the teddy bear he's bought her in his hand, and leaned down for her to get on his pack. Without protest, she climbed on, laying her head on his shoulder. 

"Gomawo." She said softly. 

At the apartment 

Jiyong lightly placed Sohee down in her bed, tucking her in and placing her teddy bear between her arms. He watched as she snuggled up to the stuffed animal. Her soft breathing filled the dark room, calming him. She shifted slightly, sighing as she fell even deeper in sleep.

It was then that he realized that he had been watching her for over 30 minuets. He then also realized something else, he was hooked to her. It wasn't an act of jealousy anymore. It wasn't just about her relationship with Taeyang. It was about how she no longer considered him a friend. She no longer felt safe around him, she hated him. 

He sighed, kneeling down next to her and brushing some hair from her cheek, scanning her face. His eyes then landed on her red lips. He leaned in closer, taking in the sight of her sweet face. Right when he was about to close the gap between his lips and hers, a drop of water fell on her cheek. He backed away a little, confused as to where the water had come from. Then another drop fell on her blanket. 

"What the hell?" He whispered, touching his face.  

Finally he understood where the water had come from; him. He had been crying without noticing and he didn't know why. 

He sighed, laying his forehead on the bed beside her, quietly letting the tears fall out. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Don't cry Ji :( 

Hello subbies ^.^ Long time no see... er... type. 

How's your new year been? Hope it's been amazing so far. 

Hope you liked this chapter, I'll have more soon.  

Listening to: Something by Girls Day