Important people

A Class Love

Sohee and her father stood over a sleeping Jiyong, who lied peacefully on the couch. Her father continuously poke and shook him.

"Is he alright?" He questioned his daughter.

"Appa he's fine, why do you keep touching him?" Sohee asked, still partially awake.

"I just want to make sure my future son in law is healthy. Can't have a wedding when the groom is dead."

She crossed her arms and glared at him. "...You can go to work now."

He sighed, laughing a little bit, and held his hands up. "Ok, I get it. You don't want to talk about it. I'll get out of your hair." He put on his shoes, straightened his tie, and kissed Sohee's cheek before heading out the door. 

She ruffeled her hair and turned back around to face Jiyong. She jumped, surprised to see him sitting straight up, looking at her.

"Oh, you're awake."

All he did was nod with the same look on his face.

Shaking off the awkward feeling that she felt, she slowly made her way over to the couch, sitting next to him. She lifted her hand to lightly touch the bandages around his head.

"Does it feel any better?" She asked while examining him.

"A little." He responded, staring straight in her eyes.

"That's good." She answered with a small voice. Slowly, she lifted her hand away from his head and rested them on her lap. *Awkward silence*  “Wanna watch tv?” She timidly asks.

“Sure.” He responds with a hushed voice.

Without looking at him, she placed the remote on his lap. “You pick something.”

He glanced at her a bit before taking it and turning on the television. “What time is it?” He asked, flipping through channels.

Sohee looked at the clock on the wall. “6:30. Why?”

“Wanted to make sure we didn’t miss it.”

She looked at him funny.  “Miss what?”

He pointed to the television where the Korean version of Shin Chan played vibrantly on the screen.

She gasped. “Oh my gosh! I haven’t seen this show in such a long time.” She bounced up and down. “I love this show.”

He smiled at her. “I know. You still remember the opening theme?”

She flipped her heir. “Of course. Do you?” She answered in a cocky manner, trying to intimidate him.

He half smiled. “Girl, this song is embedded in my brain.”

“Well let’s see what you got.”

Before he could say anymore, the  music started. The both of them began shouting the lyrics, trying to be louder than each other. After the music ended,  they both sighed happily and focused their attention back to the show.

About halfway into the cartoon, Sohee’s giggling caught Jiyong’s curiosity. He found himself staring at her childlike face. Smiling whenever she would smile, or muffling a laugh whenever she would repeat something funny that a character said. 

When the animation ended, Sohee looked at the clock on the wall. “Oh man, I should start getting ready for school.” She stood up, stretching a bit, and turning to Jiyong. “I guess you’re gonna be here alone.”

He extended his body on the couch and looked up at her. “You’re leaving me by myself?”

She nodded. “Yep. If you get hungry then it’s fin if you want to cook something. Be careful though, if you use the stove, don’t leave the gas on.”

He smiled. “Are you worried about me?”

She gave him a blank stare. “No, I just don’t want you to burn my place down.” 

He yawned and closed his eyes. “Ok, sure.”

She rolled her eyes and walked in her room. 

About 45 minutes later

A series of knocks came from the front door. Sohee was still getting ready so Jiyong decided to get the door. Once he opened up, he saw Lim and Sunmi staring at him in disbelief.

“What are you doing in my mandoo’s home?” Lim growled at him.

Before he could explain, Sunmi pounced on him, holding his hands behind his back. “He broke in!” She yelled. “Don’t worry Sohee, I’ll protect you!”

Lim took her scarf off and tied his hands together. “You’re not getting away this time!”

Jiyong began to whine in pain as Lim sat on his back. “Call the cops Mimi.”

“I’m on it.”

Before she could reach for the phone, Sohee came running in the living room. “What are you guys doing?”

“Saving your life.” Lim answered.

“You’re welcome.” Mimi said proudly, smiling.

Sohee looked down at Jiyong and gasped. “Omo, his head. Be careful, he’s hurt.” She bent down to untie him. He rubbed his wrists, pouting like a child. She examined his head to make sure there was no further damage.

“Whoa, what’s going on?” Lim asked dumbstruck. “Why are you being all nice to him?”

Still kneeling down, she looked up at them and shrugged. “He’s hurt so I’m taking care of him.”

“But why?” Sunmi still didn’t understand.

All she did was shrug again and help Jiyong on to the couch. “We should get going.” She turned to her friends with a small smile. They gave her weird looks before nodding and heading out the door with her.

On the way to school

“Sohee ah.” Mimi began. “Do you really think it’s a good idea to be harboring that maniac?”

“Yeah, what if he gets upset and tries to hurt you again?” Lim added.

“He won’t.” Sohee said confidently. 

“And what makes you so sure?” Lim asked.

She stuck out her bottom lip, taking a second to think. “It feels different this time. He said he wouldn’t and I believe him.”

Mimi stopped and stared at her in horror. “Oh no. Don’t tell me you’re in love with that psychopath.” 

Sohee shook her head furiously. “No no no. I just feel sad for him. He was my friend you know.” Her face began to turn red. 

“Then why are you blushing?” Lim asked accusingly

“B-because you’re making me nervous.”

“Mhm.” Both girls said in unison.

“Taeyang oppa wouldn’t be too happy if he found out you were falling for another guy.” Mimi mocked.

Sohee blushed even harder, making an embarrassed/angry face. “It’s not like that.” She huffed and power walked towards the school.

After school (in the house :D)

Sohee stood with Seungri, Lim and Sunmi at the entrance of the school, waiting for Daesung to pull up in his car.

“So my hyung is at your place?” Seungri asked Sohee.”

She nodded. “Yeah, he’s resting up there for a while.”

“That’s good. He has a nice place to rest up with his fiancé.” He cooed, earning a nudge in the side from Sunmi.

“Shh! She doesn’t want to talk about it.” She whispered loudly.

“Oh yeah, my bad.” He whispered back.

“Besides.” She added. “Tae and Soso are a much cuter couple.”

As if on cue, Taeyang came up to them with his usual bright smile on his face.

“Hey guys.” He said cheerfully.

“Hey Tae.” They all said in unison.

“Are you heading straight home Sohee?” Taeyang asked, turning to her.

“Yeah. I have some, uh, chores to take care of.”

“Want me to walk you home?”

She debated whether or not if it was a good idea. “Um sure oppa.” She finally gave in. “Bye guys.” She waved to her friends before heading with Taeyang down the sidewalk.

At Sohee’s apartment

Jiyong walked around the living room in complete boredom. “What to do, what to do.” He chimed in a sing songy voice. His eyes then landed on the door to Sohee’s room. He slowly walked over and opened up to her natural habitat. His eyes wandered the innocent look of her room. The light pink shade of her walls, the countless number of pictures of her mother, father, sister and friends, and the tiny army of stuffed animals lined up on her bed.

A small smile formed on his face. “It’s cuter than I remember.”  He walked around a bit, remembering the fun times he had with his ex friend. Suddenly, his foot hit something. He looked down to see the box him and Hyori had sent. Frowning a bit, he bent down to search the inside of it.

Reading the notes and letter they had wrote, he began to feel  worse about himself. Once he came across the ripped up picture of him and Sohee, he stared angrily at it. “I’m an .”  

Outside Sohee’s apartment

“Thanks for walking me home oppa.” She smiled at him.

“No problem.” He smiled back, pinching her nose. 

“Wanna come in.” She subconsciously asked. ‘Crap! Why did I invite him in?’ She thought to herself. ‘What if he sees Jiyong and they start fighting again?’

“I wish I could, but I have to be somewhere in a few.”

She mentally sighed. ‘Thank goodness.’  “Oh ok. See you soon oppa.”

“Bye Sohee.” He hugged her and walked off.

She made her way inside where she found Jiyong sitting on the floor, ripping something up.

“Um, Jiyong, what are you doing?”

“Trying to make things better. I’m destroying the fake photographs I made of you.”

She Sighed. “Do you honestly think this is going to make anything better?”

“Probably not, but I’m willing to try.” He stood up with something in his hand. His arm extended to hers, handing her the item. It was a black folded piece of paper. 

She eyed him before taking and unfolding it. Inside was the childhood photo of him and her, and it was taped back together. Underneath was a sentence in silver marker that read, “I’m sorry best friend.” She looked up at him, not sure what to say.

“I want you to put it on your wall, along with the other pictures of people who are important to you. I’m really trying to make things better.” 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And this chapter is done :D I've been writting this for a month and 2 hours -__-

Tell me what you think ^^

Listening to: Welcome by Jay Park