If You're Hurt, Then I'm Hurt

My Choi Savior

 

Kyuhyun is sitting in the front seat of Siwon’s car. He doesn’t know where they’re headed and he doesn’t dare to ask, although he knows he has to. He hesitates for awhile but he asks anyway.

“Where are we going?”

When Siwon saw Kyuhyun back at the hospital confused and sad as he clearly didn’t want to go to his house, he just wanted to get him out of there as soon as possible. He would figure out where to go later on. Siwon didn’t care about Kyuhyun’s answer. He just signed the discharge papers and led him to his car.

Not until now, when Kyuhyun asks him where are they going, that his thoughts get all mixed up. What is he really doing? Where is he taking this man that he just met? However, with eyes still fixed on the road, he finds his lips pricking a smile and then his mouth moves involuntary as he mutters the word …

“Home”

Kyuhyun’s eyes snap their focus onto the man next to him, but strangely no words would come out of his mouth. He just smiles back and turns his head to the side window watching the road.

Siwon can clearly see from the corner of his eye that Kyuhyun’s gaze is on him but he pretends not to. He just continues driving and focuses on the road, although he didn’t miss the way Kyuhyun smiled at his answer.

How come I’m taking you, the man who I just met and don’t know anything about, to my own home? And more strangely, why do I feel good about it?

Siwon parks his car in front of his building. He turns off the engine and gets off the car. Kyuhyun, not knowing what to do, just stays in the car seat. His eyes are focused on his hands that are wrapped over his lap.

Kyuhyun is lost in nervousness that he doesn’t notice Siwon opening the door for him and asking him to get out. Not until Siwon nudges his shoulder that he snaps out of his thoughts.

“Huh? I’m sorry. I didn’t hear you”

“It’s okay. Come one, let’s go”

Kyuhyun takes a deep breath first, before he obediently puts his right leg on the ground and gets out of the car. His eyes immediately shot up to get a look at his surroundings.

From the fancy houses and buildings that surround the neighbourhood, Kyuhyun can clearly see that it’s prestigious. Which make him realize that he doesn’t even know what Siwon does for a living. But apparently, he’s rich.

“Are you coming or what?” Siwon, who is now already standing in front of the door’s building, brings Kyuhyun back to reality. But he can’t help but chuckle a bit at Kyuhyun’s reaction.

Looks like I’m not the only one who’s nervous!

Kyuhyun takes big steps to reach Siwon. As they start walking next to each other, Kyuhyun can see how even the entry of the building is quite spacious. He’s left marvelling each detail of it as his eyes wander over the expansive ceiling and the decorated walls. He doesn’t realize that Siwon is now far ahead of him until his eyes turn in his direction and he suddenly stops walking…

Kyuhyun’s POV
Siwon … You can be a , a thief or even a serial killer for what I know. I’m not used to going to a stranger’s house. But why does this feel different? Why am I not the slight worried about what you may do to me? Is it because I’m broken and doesn’t care about where my life goes next? Or is it because of some spell that you cast on me? Either way, I want to find out just what makes you special that my stomach drops to around my ankles whenever your dark eyes looks at mine. 

“You’re spacing out a lot. Are you sure you’re okay? Maybe we should go back to the hospital”

“No, no. I’m fine. It’s just that … I … you …” Kyuhyun doesn’t know how to phrase it, but before he can figure it out, he finds Siwon standing a foot away from him with his arms crossed over his chest. While leaning down to meet Kyuhyun’s level, Siwon’s eyebrows frown until they nearly meet in the middle, as if he’s trying to read the younger’s mind.

“Don’t worry. I’m not a serial killer or anything. Let’s just head upstairs. If you feel uncomfortable then I’ll drive you to wherever you want. I promise. Okay?”

Kyuhyun only nods, but not because he doesn’t find the words to respond, but because of the close proximity of Siwon’s face that, once again, does that weird thing to his stomach. To add to that, those deep dimples that makes him blush heavily once Siwon smiles at him.

The lift to Siwon’s floor was quite. They were both spacing out on what a weird day it had been, until the ‘ding dong’ that’s indicating that they reached the 10th floor, brings them back to reality. Once they step into the hall, Kyuhyun follows Siwon from behind as they walk to the latter’s apartment n°13.

Siwon pushes some buttons and then the door’s unlocked. He steps inside the house and gives Kyuhyun an encouraging smile. But as the younger removes his shoes, he’s left staring in utter silence at Siwon who just turns around and disappears behind one of the doors.

Kyuhyun, confused about the sudden outburst, lets himself inside the house and walks to the door where Siwon had disappeared into, which he later finds out it’s the bathroom. He sees Siwon bending over the toilet, throwing up. Out of reflex, Kyuhyun walks out of the bathroom and starts searching for the kitchen. A few seconds later, he walks back to Siwon with a glass of water in his hand.

With a shaky breath, Siwon leans on the wall and takes the glass of water while muttering a small thank you.

“Are you okay?”

I can’t believe I threw up! And it had to be in front of Kyuhyun, aiiish. This always happens to me but usually when I’m in front of a hospital, not hours later *sighs*.

“I’m fine. Thank you … I should clean myself. Do you mind if I take a quick shower?” Siwon asked once he normalized his breath and stood up while supporting his weight on the tub since he still feels dizzy.

“Yeah, of course. But are you sure you’re okay? Did you eat something bad?” As a doctor and of course because he has a weird feeling towards Siwon, Kyuhyun finds himself worried. Siwon was fine just moments ago and now he threw up all of a sudden.

He’s really concerned about me. Something about this boy gets me so confused.

“It’s just that… back there at the hospital …” Siwon never talked about his ex or his hate for hospitals to anyone, even Hyukjae. His friend was there for him when it all happened and he never insisted on talking about it. He was just there for him with his full support.

“You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to. I’ll wait for you outside”

From the way Siwon stuttered and fidget, Kyuhyun can tell that there’s definitely something behind it. So he doesn’t want to push him into telling him something that apparently sounds personal. It’s not like they knew each other for a long time. They’re not even counted as friends. So Kyuhyun just gives Siwon an assuring smile and heads out of the bathroom.

Siwon's POV
I never talked about this to anyone. Not even Hyukjae. But, strangely, I wanted to tell him. This stranger that I just met today.  However, he didn’t let me finish. I’m glad he did so because I looked like an idiot stuttering and speaking incoherently. He turns around to leave the bathroom and I keep staring at his back sight until he disappeared behind the wall, leaving me with a fast heart rate.

...

As he stepped out, Kyuhyun’s eyes wander inside the spacious living room he found himself in. His mind begins to search thoroughly the place as he was earlier worried about Siwon that he didn’t get the chance to do so.

His eyes keep wandering around the walls, paintings everywhere. He is in awe of all the beautiful things Siwon has. He looks like a rich person’s house indeed. Just the living room can go as half of Kyuhyun’s apartment.

It’s not like Kyuhyun is short of money or anything, because he can be counted as rich too. He’s a doctor after all. It’s just that his ex always scolded him about spending unnecessary money on such trivial things.

At first, since they were both still studying, they stayed at the orphanage. But once they started college, they both moved to the dorms. And after graduating from med school, Kyuhyun was very much a genius that he soon got several offers from different hospitals. However, because she was yet in college, Kyuhyun chose ‘Seoul Hospital’ because it was the closest to her school.

So Although Kyuhyun started working at the hospital, he wanted to save up his money to buy a big house for the both of them, so he just rented a small house near the hospital. He was spending most of his time at work anyway, so it didn’t matter.

Thus after long hours and sleepless night working his off, Kyuhyun was able to save up money, so they would be able to live together. He wanted to buy a big house for them, so they started looking up houses, but she disagreed. She said ‘It doesn’t matter as long as we’re living together’ and Kyuhyun was very excited, because up until this day, he really believed that he would spend the rest of his life with her.

Tears start to well in Kyuhyun’s eyes as he remembers how everything was perfect and then suddenly came shattering down. He is standing in the middle of Siwon’s living room. One hand on his mouth stopping his sobs from being heard and the other one is clenching on the sofa on his left to keep his balance.

Kyuhyun cried more today than in his whole life put together. His knees became week and so his grip on the piece of furniture gets even tighter. He is spacing out and lost in his own sorrow that he doesn’t hear or notice Siwon standing behind him until the latter puts his hand on his shoulder to get his attention.

Siwon's POV
I actually feel weird right now. I don’t know why exactly, but the thought of Kyuhyun is out there in my living room is making me nervous. I don’t know why I’m hurrying up with my shower, but I just want to see Kyuhyun. Does that even make any sense?

I closed the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist. Since I’m not taking a shower in my room’s bathroom, I’ll have to walk next to Kyuhyun to reach my bedroom for clothes. I hope he won’t feel uncomfortable about it.

As I open the bathroom door, I can see him standing in the middle of my living room. His back is facing me. I approach him, but apparently he doesn’t notice me because he doesn’t make any reaction. As I get closer I can hear faint sobs coming from him. His hand is tightly gripping the sofa. Is he crying? Again? I suddenly feel my heart aching like the other times I saw him crying earlier today. My heart hurts and I just want to hug him and take his tears away.

I take a few steps closer to him but since he’s spacing out, I put one hand on his shoulder and I can feel it trembling with suppressed emotions. I slowly nudge him a bit but end up startling him. However, I managed to make him turn around and face me. I watched him for a minute, carefully studying his features. He looks tired and the lines around his eyes, that are still full of tears, look a little bit deeper. I can soon feel my heart ache again and my eyes start to get watery as well.

My feet involuntary move a couple of steps forward. I lift my arms and wrap them around Kyuhyun’s back. I don’t know why but I can’t help it. I rest my chin on top of his head while my fingers work through his brownish hair, pulling it loose. My other hand is moving up and down on his back trying to sooth him.

(End of Siwon’s POV)

...

They are left standing there in the middle of the living room. Kyuhyun’s face is buried deep in the crook of Siwon’s neck as the tears roll down on the latter's bare chest.

Siwon is feeling hurt as much as Kyuhyun does. He doesn’t know what it is, but he feels somehow connected to this weak man that is crying in his arms. He doesn’t want to move but once Kyuhyun’s tears dried out, Siwon can feel him trying to free himself from the embrace. Siwon then loosens up his grip but he doesn’t completely let go of him.

Kyuhyun’s POV
I spaced out thinking of how my life turned upside down in just one day. I was cheated on, I lost the only two people in my life, I almost died and … I met Siwon. Well the last one is strangely not bad at all. He looks like someone I can trust. Thinking of Siwon always makes me momentary forget about my sad life.

Siwon is so close, I can feel the heat from his body. His scent is so refreshing and I can sense my teardrops mixing up with the water drops on his still wet body. This is something I shouldn’t probably do. But it feels extremely good.

Once the tears dried out, Kyuhyun lifts his head slowly and looks at Siwon. His hands resting on the taller’s man chest while their eyes are once again lost in an intense stare. Kyuhyun thinks that it’s somewhat mortifying to have a man looking in your face, but he doesn’t seem to mind it at all.

A single tear slowly makes its way down Siwon’s cheek, but it’s not for himself. Siwon cries for whatever it is that’s hurting Kyuhyun. Because he doesn’t know what else he could do or say that would help alleviate the younger’s pain.

Upon seeing the sadness in Siwon’s eyes, Kyuhyun feels something goes ‘Bu-thump’. He raises his hand and brushes the tear away with the pad of his thumb. Kyuhyun can feel Siwon leaning into his touch as the latter closes his eyes and tighten his grip on the younger’s back, clearly fighting back the urge to shed more tears.

Siwon opens his eyes again. He moves his hand to caress Kyuhyun’s, that’s now fully resting on his cheek. He keeps his gaze locked on Kyuhyun’s face. His almond shaped eyes, his white porcelain skin, his brunette hair and his cherry lips which were so kissable…

“I really want to kiss you” Siwon leans closer as he murmurs those words in a whisper as if they were only meant for Kyuhyun to hear.

Kyuhyun wonders if Siwon is simply stating a fact or is he asking for permission. Looking in his dark eyes, Kyuhyun’s breathe hitches as Siwon leans even closer, stopping a whisper away from his plump lips.

A glint of red finds its way on Kyuhyun’s pale cheek. He lets his forehead rest on Siwon’s and whispers back “Then why don’t you”

Siwon smiles at the unexpected answer while Kyuhyun is asking himself what is he doing anyway. He said something so unlike his usual self.

Soon their lips meet in a deep sweet kiss, their lips moving against each other as their eyes close tight. They don’t know why or what are they feeling, but one thing for sure is that whatever this is, it feels right. However, Kyuhyun can’t help but think …

When one thing goes wrong, everything else falls apart. So in meeting you like this, is it a continuation of my bad luck?


Finally I can update! Too much emotions in this one, hope it will reach you. I'm not so good at descriptions.
Thank You