For The First Time

My Choi Savior

 

“Do we really have to go Hae?”

”Well, you’re the one who talked to the chief when he clearly said that we must attend”

“I know, I know. I just don’t like these events”

“I know. You’d rather stay home and play video games all night”

“Exactly”

“Well not today you won’t. Come on, go and dress up”

“Fine”

...

Kyuhyun is really grumpy today. He doesn’t like big events where he needs to put on a fake smile on his face and have to listen to people blabbing about this and that, mostly about boring topics. Not to mention dressing up.

Now he’s standing in front of his closet searching between his clothes for the only proper suit he has. The one he once bought when he went to apply for his job at the hospital. Since he’s not the classy type of a guy, he keeps that suit stashed somewhere in the closet in case he ever needs it again.

...

Kyuhyun doesn’t feel good today. He didn’t have much sleep since he had been thinking the whole night about what happened at the restaurant. Of course he knows Siwon’s kiss didn’t mean anything to the older, but to him. It meant everything.

He sighs upon remembering the details of the night before and to add to it, when he was looking through the clothes, he stumbled on a certain pair of shorts and a t-shirt that are safely put in a plastic bag and buried inside of his closet for two years.

Siwon’s clothes

Kyuhyun has no idea why he kept them all these years but he kind of hoped that it will somehow reminds him that he’ll get to return them someday when he meets Siwon again.

He slowly unwraps them from the plastic bag before lifting them to his face and smelling them. He knows that Siwon’s smell has gone by now but, strangely, whenever he sniffs them, the smell comes running through his mind somehow.

He smiles at the thought of Siwon, but he quickly straightens up his composure and put the clothes back in the closet.

Gotcha!

“Who are you talking to Kyu?” Shouted Donghae from the living room

“No one. Just found my suit”

“The old rusty one?”

“That’s the one”

“We seriously need to buy you a new one!”

Kyuhyun just rolls his eyes and walks to the bathroom to take a quick shower, not aware of the phone conversation that Donghae is having outside his room.

“So? Did you tell him yet?”

> Yes I did but he’s being stubborn. He doesn’t want to go after last night’s scheme <

“He has to come. After last night’s kiss, this is their chance”

> I know. But what should I do? <

”Leave it to me. I’ll figure something out”

> Are you sure? <

”Yeah just text me Siwon’s cell number”

> Okay <

Message From: Unknown Number
It’s Donghae, Hyukjae’s boyfriend.
Are you coming to the hospital event tonight?

Message From: Siwon
Oh, Donghae-ssi. I don’t think I’ll be able to come.

Message From: Unknown Number
Siwon-ssi you really need to come.
I have something important to tell you about Kyuhyun.

Message From: Siwon
About Kyuhyun?
Okay I’ll be there.

Piece of cake!  I knew he can't resist. Donghae smirked

Siwon’s POV
What can Donghae possibly want to tell me about Kyuhyun? I really hope it’s nothing serious.

Kyuhyun is surely going to be at that event too, so I’ll see him again. We’ve been meeting a lot lately. Well not that I’m complaining, but after last night, I don’t think I can look at him and not remember how that kiss felt. How am I supposed to ignore the itching feeling in my heart whenever I see him?

This is going to be a long night. Still three hours until 5pm. Now I’m going to keep wondering what Donghae has to tell me about Kyu.

Kyuhyun-ah, am I going to be able to dance with you tonight?

So here they were in Kyuhyun’s car, both dressed up in black suits.

“Hae, why aren’t you going with Hyukjae?”

“I am. We’ll meet there”

“Oh, okay”

Meet there? Does that mean Hyukjae will bring Siwon? Could this be another scheme? I can’t believe this. I’m not going to say anything now but dear Hae if I catch Siwon there, I swear I’ll … I’ll … What am I going to do?

Sapphire Hospital Charity Event

As Kyuhyun parks the car in front of the big auditorium where they are holding the event, his eyes bulge out when two familiar figures step out of the car beside them. Donghae, who’s watching Kyuhyun’s reaction from the corner of his eye, doesn’t dare to face him as he quickly gets out of the car.

“Hyukkie!” He rushes over and hugs his boyfriend after slightly bowing to Siwon. The latter bows back but his attention soon averts to Kyuhyun who’s holding tightly on the steering wheel, not so confident about facing Siwon again.

After a few seconds, he finally takes a deep breath and decides to just get this night over with. As he steps out of the car and after glaring at Donghae, he silently greets Siwon and Hyukjae before starts moving towards the door.

...

The auditorium was large and already full of people, mainly doctors. It was simply decorated, and since it’s a Cancer Charity Fundraising, mostly everything was in pink. There is a long flat buffet table with a white cover that lends itself to an elaborate still life of pink flowers and different kinds of food and drinks, the carpet on the stage floor is also pink, and even the waiters are wearing white and pink uniforms.

So as they walk further, they are welcomed by one of the charity founders and each one of them was presented with a Cancer pink ribbon, before they continue their way inside and join the festivity of the night, the slow music and the chatting of the guests. Yet, as Kyuhyun walks ahead of the others, he can’t help but feel a certain stare on his back. So as he steals a sudden look behind, he catches Siwon red handed staring at him, leading to a heavy flush, while the latter just embarrassingly smiles before averting his gaze to look at his shoes that seem to be very important at that moment.

...

So as the party started, Kyuhyun and Donghae are soon dragged by their chief to meet some important guests, leaving Siwon and Hyukjae alone sipping at their Champaign glasses and trying to find something to pass the time.

Siwon of course already has something to keep him occupied, and that’s observing Kyuhyun. The latter is trying to put a perfect smile on his face as people compliment him or just started talking about some boring topic that Kyuhyun has no interest in. Although, as his eyes skim through the dressed up people, he can’t help but take glances from time to time in Siwon’s direction. That’s when his smile turns into a sincere one as their gazes meet, but not for long when another topic comes up and a lot of questions are being asked, making Kyuhyun obliged to focus on the people in front of him.

...

Finally when he's able to escape the boring talk, he lets his legs unconsciously bring him to Siwon’s side, who is now left alone as Hyukjae went to find something to eat. A slight pink tinge travels into his cheeks and Siwon can’t help but think that it goes well with the party’s theme.

“So about yesterday” Kyuhyun thinks that he should at least thank Siwon for what he did for him the night before but soon a frown took place between Siwon’s eyebrows at the mention of last night.

“What about it?”

“Thank you. I would’ve looked miserable if you didn’t k-.. I mean do what you did”

“Oh, no problem. And for what it’s worth, you can never look miserable”

“But I was going to. I hadn’t seen her since that night and the worst thing is that she’s still with him. So, it would’ve looked really messed up if she would’ve seen me alone. I mean not alone alone, just unengaged”

“I understand”

...

Unaware, as they didn't quite dare to start a new topic, Siwon and Kyuhyun are instead lost in an intense stare, eyes on each other not even daring to blink. Which instantly reminds them of that day at the hospital, and how they both knew right away that something strange was happening.

So both standing still with their untouched glasses in their hands, Siwon and Kyuhyun didn’t notice the changing music until a waiter came up to them and asked to take their glasses so they can dance. Confused, they let their eyes roam the place as they watch how the guests already formed in pairs and started slow dancing. Even Hyukjae has already found his boyfriend and are now dancing a few feet away from them.

Nervously, Siwon smiles while stretching his hand for Kyuhyun to take.

“You don’t have to”

Kyuhyun knows that it will be awkward to dance with Siwon, so he tries to avoid it. But as Siwon motioned for him to look around again, he realizes that they’re the only ones who are standing still while the others are already swaying their bodies to the rhythm of the music.

So without waiting for any more objections, Siwon steps closer grabbing Kyuhyun's left arm and placing it on his back, before letting his right arm rest on the younger's waist, pulling him in. His left hand took Kyuhyun’s right, linking it together and bringing it about shoulder level.

“Shall we?”

Siwon is smiling down at Kyuhyun making the latter suddenly aware of the way Siwon is holding him, aware of the way his body was pressed so close to his, of the way their chests are almost touching. So, to prevent showing the wave of blush that takes place in his cheeks, Kyuhyun looks away before giving a small nod.

Siwon’s arm tightens around Kyuhyun’s waist while his left hand pushes the younger’s back as he moves his foot towards Kyuhyun’s. The latter replies by moving back. However, he tries hard not to let their chests meet, afraid Siwon might hear his racing heartbeat.

...

The slow pattern continues as Kyuhyun seems to relax in Siwon’s arms. His head falls comfortably over the corner of the older’s shoulder, giving the latter a sweet taste of his auburn hair. Siwon closes his eyes, lost in the scent, as well as the feeling of Kyuhyun’s frame in his arms, until a voice manages to cut off his train of thoughts. 

“Why are you here alone?” 

The older pulls back and knit his eyebrows in confusion “What do you mean?”

“Why aren’t you here with a date?” Kyuhyun hesitated before asking but he can’t help but wonder what a not so single man is doing here dancing with him? If he has a girlfriend, then how come he never saw him with her?

“Why? Are you here with someone?” Even though it wasn’t expected, but Kyuhyun feels kind of hurt by that question. How can he be with someone if he’s in love with him?

“I’m not the one with a girlfriend” Kyuhyun sarcastically muttered, but as much as it sounded more like a whisper, Siwon heard it clearly. Unfortunately, he didn’t have time to react as a female interrupted them saying that Kyuhyun is needed backstage.

Kyuhyun slowly redraws his body from Siwon and excuses himself. Leaving Siwon standing there bewilder and confound by that unexpected statement.

Backstage

”What? I’m not doing it”

“You have to, Kyu! The chief insisted that you sing”

“B-but how could he even know that I can sing?”

“Everybody knows! You always sing for sick children at the hospital”

“But those are lullabies!”

“Well a great voice is a great voice no matter what type of song you sing”

Kyuhyun and Donghae are bickering backstage because the chief requested for Kyuhyun to sing, but the latter is refusing.

“Come on! Just one song and you won’t get in trouble”

“The chief did say that he wanted you to sing” Interrupted the chief’s assistant

“Fine”

“So, what will you sing? Maybe something for … Siwon” Kyuhyun was startled when Donghae whispered the last name in his ear. Which makes him realize that not only does he have to sing, but he have to do it in front of Siwon?

“There’s a song on my phone, wait”

So that’s how Kyuhyun agreed to perform a certain song that he wrote himself. A song that even though he doesn't want to admit it, it was actually written for Siwon.

...

Meanwhile, back at the hall …

“Hyuk-ah …”

Siwon, who is still quite confused about Kyuhyun’s earlier accusation, as he’d like to call it, asked Hyukjae who's now standing next to him, sipping from his glass of Champaign. The latter just hummed back motioning for him to continue.

“Why the hell does Kyuhyun think that I have a girlfriend?”

That managed to get Hyukjae choke on his drink as he was not expecting that question. Luckily for him, Kyuhyun is already on stage, making Siwon surprised and moving to stand in the middle of the room, with his eyes fixed on the younger. Is he going to sing?

...  

 

 

 

...

Though Kyuhyun’s heart is nervously drumming inside his chest, it doesn’t last as the music starts playing and he slowly gets absorbed in it. Closing his eyes, he inhales the soft and distinct notes echoing from the speakers as he waits for the first verse to come.

Genuine, absolute and pure feelings are threatening to come out, but Kyuhyun has no intention on holding them back. He slightly opens his eyes again and parts his lips to make way for the first lyric, while looking in the direction of one particular person.

...

As the first verse escapes from Kyuhyun’s lips, Siwon freezes in his place. He is amazed by how that incredible, soft, endearing voice can come out of the person he loves so much. Furthermore, he feels like Kyuhyun is talking to him through the words of the song. Eyes never leaving each other, Siwon is already under the younger’s spell although he's not minding it at all. His heart starts beating on its own rhythm and he lets the lyrics sink into his aching heart and the notes to draw him into a magical place where there is only him and Kyuhyun. 

...

The crowd was silent during the whole song, but as Kyuhyun and the music said their last notes, the guests lift their hands and start clapping for the angelic voice that just managed to charm them in only short minutes.

Kyuhyun, not able to resist the ache in his heart anymore, quickly bows and thanks the crowd before disappearing backstage again. He soon let his hand clutches on his chest as his breath starts feeling unsteady and his eyes turn blurry.

“Kyu are you okay?” Donghae who was waiting for Kyuhyun to finish his song, soon rushed to his side when he felt that something is wrong.

“I need to go. I can’t stay here” Kyuhyun managed to mutter between his uneven breaths.

“Why?” Kyuhyun starts walking away from his friend but the latter held his wrist to stop him “At least tell me where you're going?”

“To where it all started” was the only answer Kyuhyun could think of, before freeing his wrist from Donghae’s hold and rushing to the back door exit.

...

Donghae retreated back to the auditorium to find Hyukjae and Siwon there waiting for him. Well Siwon is more waiting for Kyuhyun, so when he didn’t see him with Donghae he immediately asks

“Where’s Kyuhyun?”

“He left”

“What? Why? Is he okay?”

Without answering, Donghae turns his attention to Hyukjae who knew exactly what the younger is thinking about.

“Listen Siwon-ah. I’m really sorry but …”

“But what?”

Donghae’s hand reaches for Hyukjae's, giving him support in what he is about to say.

“I’m stupid and I’m sorry. Kyuhyun-ssi thinks that you already have a girlfriend” Finally it was said. Hyukjae can feel his tears threatening to fall because when he heard Kyuhyun singing, the guilt that gathered in his heart was immense.

“How could he? I mean what makes him think that I … a girlfriend?”

“It was my fault” and soon those tears are streaming down his face “I only wanted to protect you but I know I was wrong. I don’t know if you can forgive me but I really am sorry”

Siwon is starting to get confused and all sorts of questions are popping in his head right now. How can Hyukjae do this to me? Is that why Kyuhyun was avoiding me? Is that why he told me to forget about that night? But does that mean he also loves me?

Then it struck him. Not able to look at Hyukjae, he turns to Donghae instead …

“Donghae-ssi. Does Kyuhyun … love me?” His heart starts beating fast afraid of the answer but soon a huge smile plastered on his face when Donghae's words came out

“He’s been in love with you since that night two years ago”

“Where did he go?”

“He only said he’s going to where it all started”

“Where it all started? Thanks Donghae I know where that is” He patted Donghae on the shoulder before turning to leave but he suddenly turns back and walks towards Hyukjae whose head was hang low making the tears fall on the floor.

“Hyuk-ah, we’ll talk later” That made Hyukjae lift his head and stare at his friend who’s kindly smiling at him. He just smiled back and nodded frantically.

Where it all started … Wait for me Kyuhyun-ah. I’m coming.


Hello my super readers ^^
Well the bad news is that this story is coming to an end soon,
but the good news is that WonKyu are going to be together yey XD
So until the next update, I love you 

PS: The video was rushed so it's not that accurate, but you get the point ^^