Unexpected

My Choi Savior

"Donghae, was that your friend who treated me?"

”Yes. That’s my best friend that I told you about”

“He seems nice”

“He is … Oh, speak of the devil”

Just when they were talking about him, Kyuhyun walks in to the room.

"Yah! Who are you calling a devil?" Kyuhyun glares at Donghae, whose sticking his tongue out at him, before approaching his patient.

“How are you feeling now Hyukjae-ssi?”

“I’m feeling much better now. Thank you Doctor-…” Hyukjae pauses his sentence as he doesn’t know his doctor’s name yet. He turns to Donghae and narrows his eyes as if asking him to introduce his friend to him.

“Ah sorry. Kyu, this is Lee Hyukjae. Hyukkie, this is Cho Kyuhyun”

Kyuhyun giggles at the nickname Donghae gave to Hyukjae but he doesn’t dare to comment on it because of donghae’s blushing face. But he will save that for later.

Hyukjae’s POV
Cho Kyuhyun? Why is that name sounds so familiar. I heard it somewhere but my brain can’t seem to work when I want it to. Kyuhyun … Cho ... Kyuhyun … ! It’s him. The one Siwon can’t stop talking about. I can’t believe this is him. He's Donghae’s friend? Is it possible that there are two persons with the same name? But … It’s exactly how Siwon described him. Tall, brown fluffy hair, brown orbs, chubby cheeks, milky skin ... What the hell am I supposed to do now?

"Hyukkie ... are you okay?"

Hyukjae was lost in thoughts that he didn’t notice the two staring at him until Donghae’s voice brought him back to reality.

“Ah … Sorry. Nice to meet you Kyuhyun-ssi”

”Nice to meet you too Hyukjae-ssi”

Kyuhyun doesn’t miss the way Hyukjae is staring at him right now. He wants to ask why but he chooses not to. Luckily, his pager rang, breaking the awkward stare.

"I gotta go. I'll check up on you later. Meanwhile, if you need anything, I'm sure Donghae here can take good care of you" Kyuhyun emphasized on the words ‘good care’ while glancing at an even more blushing Donghae, and with a smirk he excuses himself from the room.

”What is it?”

”The chief called. He said there’s a consultation you need to attend to outside the hospital. Here are the details”

"Thank you"

Kyuhyun sighs in disappointment because he was looking for to have a little rest since he is very tired, but now he can’t. Duty calls.

He thanks the chief's assistant before heading to his locker room to bring his stuff. After that is done, he wearily drags his feet to the elevator. He leans his tired head on the wall as he continuously presses the button.

“Damn you elevator!” Apparently someone beat him up as a sign shows that the elevator is heading down to the first floor. Not wanting to wait any longer, Kyuhyun takes the stairs instead. 

Just when he takes the first and the second steps of the stairs, the elevator door opens and a tall man steps out of it ... If only he waited a few more seconds.


When Siwon got the call from Hyukjae, he immediately drove to the hospital. He asked the reception for Hyukjae’s room and hurriedly head towards the elevator.

Once he stepped out to the hospital ward, Siwon suddenly freezes in his place. He felt something weird in his chest and his sight unconsciously lands on the stairs but all there is, a shadow disappearing behind some stairs. Siwon's heart starts beating fast and he doesn’t know why. He just figures it’s due to his hospital phobia again, considering how he never stepped into a hospital ever since that night when he brought Kyuhyun in.

"Excuse me, I need to get through"

"Oh, sorry"

Siwon takes a deep breath in and out. He shakes any disturbing ideas from his head and walks to his friend’s room.

“Hyuk-ah, what happened?” Siwon directly walks in and stands next to hyukjae’s bed.

“Siwon-ah. I’m okay now”

“Food poisoning? Seriously? What’s the name of that restaurant? I’ll sue them”

“I already did that”

Siwon's body flinched at the intrusion. Apparently when he came in, he didn’t notice the man standing by the window because he was worried about his friend. So not until Donghae spoke, that Siwon turns his head and sees who's talking.

“This is Donghae” Hyukjae introduced while Donghae narrowed his eyes and titled his head a bit

"Haven't we met before?"

“Well ... you look familiar”

”Oh … Siwon-ssi! You were the one who saved Kyuhyun from drowning!”

”K-Kyuhyun?”

“Yes. You don’t remember him? Chubby, milky skin, brown hair … You saved him from drowning in the han river”

Siwon’s POV
Of course I remember him. How can I not? He’s been living in my mind and heart for two years! 

Hyukjae’s POV
Siwon knows Donghae too? What should I do? I can’t let him find out that Kyuhyun works here or that he’s Donghae’s best friend! I’m sorry Siwon but it’s for your own good.

“Ah! My stomach!” Before Donghae could blur out the fact that Kyuhyun is his best friend or that the latter is working at this hospital, Hyukjae’s voice cut him off as he clutches his hand over his stomach, pretending to be in pain.

”Hyukkie are you okay?”

“Hyuk-ah what’s wrong?” Siwon and Donghae hurriedly approached the bed

“It’s my stomach … It hurts”

“Let me go bring K …” 

"No! No! I'll be fine in a minute. I can feel it passing by" Again Donghae didn’t have the chance to even speak up Kyu’s name. For whatever reason, Hyukjae does not want Siwon to find Kyuhyun.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, yes. Can you please bring me a glass of water?” He pats donghae’s hand that's resting on his arm as he sweetly smiles at him. Hyukjae has no clue why he’s doing this, but something urges him to do so.

“Yeah sure I’ll be right back” Donghae bows at Siwon and excuses himself from the room

“Feeling okay hyuk-ah?”

“Yes. I’ll ask Donghae to give me a sleeping pill. You don’t have to stay. I’ll be fine”

“I don’t mind staying”

“No it’s okay, really”

Siwon knows that Hyukjae can be stubborn sometimes, so he just agrees to go home but he’ll come back the next morning to check up on him

“Then I’ll come back tomorrow morning. I’ll bring you your clothes”

 …

The moment Hyukjae opened his eyes the next morning, worry was written all over his face. Even with the sleeping pill, he couldn't sleep well. He was in deep thought about the Kyuhyun thing and he needs to figure out a way to know the latter’s true feelings before letting him meet Siwon. Of course now that Hyukjae is dating Donghae who’s happened to be Kyuhyun’s best friend, it’s easier said than done.

Well, it’s not like he doesn’t want Siwon to meet Kyuhyun at all, but as Siwon’s best friend, Hyukjae doesn’t want him to get hurt again. He knows exactly what Siwon had been through when he lost his first love, and he wasn’t going to let him go through all of that pain again.

And so, Hyukjae needs to figure out if they both feel the same for each other. If Siwon never left Kyuhyun’s mind for the past two years like it never did with the latter. If Kyuhyun really believed in what he said in that note he left. If Siwon is really in love with this stranger and it's not just a passing crush that he formed after that one night stand. Thus, if it turns out to be true that they’re destined for each other, Hyukjae will make sure they’ll end up together.

As Hyukjae is lost in thoughts, Kyuhyun comes in to the room to check up on him.

”Good morning Hyukjae-ssi”

"Kyuhyun-ssi"

"How are you feeling today?"

"Better. Thanks"

"Well then, there's no reason for you to stay in the hospital. I'll just have to fill in this chart and sign your discharge papers" standing at the edge of the bed, Kyuhyun motioned to the chart in his hands before pulling out a pen and starting to write down the medical stuff.

As he's focused on doing his job, Kyuhyun doesn't notice Hyukjae's gaze that's fixed on him. The latter knows that this is his chance to do something. He knows that Siwon will be coming to check up on him anytime soon and he does not want them to meet yet. Suddenly, he gets an idea. He pulls out his phone and pretends to be talking to someone.

Siwon-ah … where are you? <

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened at the mention of Siwon’s name. His eyes widen and his grip on the pen in his hand tightened but he doesn’t dare to lift his head. He’s afraid he’s only imagining things again and he doesn’t even know if he heard it right or not. So he just waits for what Hyukjae will say next. 

> Aren't you coming to see your friend, Siwon? <

He definitely said Siwon. I did hear it right! But this Siwon, is he the same Siwon I know? 

> So your girlfriend is more important than me, ha? <

Girlfriend? This Siwon guy has a gurlfriend? It can't be him, can it? B-But... What if it's him. Could he possibly already forgotten about me? Did he not feel the same way I felt?

> Well enough with your lovey dovey act and I’ll see you soon, Siwon <

Hyukjae intentionally emphasised on the words Siwon and girlfriend. He wanted to see Kyuhyun’s reaction. He needs to know if Kyuhyun even remembers Siwon.

”I-I need to go. I’ll call Donghae to help you get ready” Kyuhyun doesn’t wait for a reply nor does he look at Hyukjae. He suddenly feels a pain in his chest like a knife is stabbing him. He’s not sure if Hyukjae’s friend is the same Siwon he knows, but he can’t help but feel hurt. He hurriedly drags his feet to nowhere in particular. He just needs to keep walking. His breathing is getting fast and his vision is turning blurry. He half runs half walks until he finds himself inside the elevator.

Kyuhyun has no idea why he’s panicking right now. A tight feeling is growing in his chest while tears already start to well up in his eyes and as much as he tries to suppress them from streaming down, they do anyway. 

It’s been two years and that name still manages to give him this much ache. Kyuhyun is not certain if it’s the same Siwon, but something in his gut is telling him that Hyukjae’s friend is the same Siwon that he fell in love with after that night together. The man that saved him not only from dying, but also from misery, the man he's been anticipating to meet again. The man he couldn't stop thinking about. And now that he may meet him again, he can't do anything about it. That man is already taken.

 …

As soon as the elevator beeps and the door begin to open, Kyuhyun rushes out but only to bump into another person's chest. However, he doesn't have the strength to move. His tears continue to fall down his face and he unconsciously buries his head in the stranger's neck. 

Once the tears started to slow down, Kyuhyun slowly exhales in and out, trying to even his breath. He couldn't miss the somewhat familiar scent he's inhaling but his mind is too immersed in the hurt that his brain is not functioning well.

Between all the dizziness and the confusion, Kyuhyun didn't care about his surroundings or the man he bumped into. He only wanted to get rid of his pathetic emotions and he thought that by crying it would feel less painful. So when he calmed down and as he is about to lift his head up, a soft familiar voice comes lingering into his ear...

”Are you okay?”

That voice!

Kyuhyun’s eyes shot wide open but he doesn’t dare to move his body. He recognizes that voice, how could he not? He still remembers every little detail about the man who stole his heart.

However, Hyukjae's earlier conversation rang in his ears, making him realize that if this voice does really belong to Siwon, then it means he was right. Hyukjae’s friend is the same Siwon.

Kyuhyun can’t help but feel even more pain piercing into his heart while blood begins to rush all over his body. 

Siwon didn't feel the same way about me... he didn't believe in our destiny.

Kyuhyun can just run and disappear from Siwon's sight, but as much as he's hurting, he can't help but enjoy being in Siwon's embrace once again. Hands barely touching the older's abdomen, he lets his head rest comfortably on his chest, reminiscing their sole night together. But once he realizes that he can't stay in that position any longer, Kyuhyun slowly straightens up his body and while trying to look as tough as possible, he lets his gaze fix on the older’s. 

It really is him!

 …

Siwon's POV
As I stand up in front of the elevator, a figure comes crashing onto me. I looked down to see who it was but his face was buried in my chest. I didn't know what to do since he was clearly crying as I felt my shirt getting wet with tears, so I just stood there waiting for him to calm down. Strangely, his embrace felt kind of familiar but I didn't know how.

I asked him if he's okay once I felt his body shift in my embrace and that made him look up at me. I couldn't believe what I saw next, my heart immediately skipped a beat ...

"K-Kyuhyun?"

 …

Am I dreaming? Is this really him? I can't believe I finally found you! Cho Kyuhyun ... I've been waiting for this day for two years! But ... He's crying ... again!

Unfortunately, before Siwon can utter another word, Kyuhyun dashes out and runs as far as possible away from Siwon, and away from his lost wish.

If he has a girlfriend ... then that night meant nothing to him. Unlike me who kept living in hopes of meeting him again ... Siwon had already found someone else.
I'm such a fool !


Don't kill me please :p
And don't hate Hyukjae he means well, don't you think?
I actually wrote the wk scene twice! Well there will be more to come ^^