Fixing Things

My Choi Savior

Two days later

Donghae’s POV
It’s been two days since Kyuhyun and Siwon met at the hospital. I still don’t know what they talked about, but it’s clearly not something good considering that Kyuhyun has been burying himself in work again, and he doesn’t even chat with me anymore.

I really don’t want to intrude on this Siwon thing because there must’ve been a reason why he didn’t tell me about them in the first place. However, I can’t just sit back and watch him drown himself in sorrow just like two years ago. I just wish I can hear the whole story so I can figure out how to help him.

Today, that we only have a nightshift, I finally have the chance to talk to him at home. As usual, he’s locking himself in his room doing god knows what or probably crying. So I walk to his room door and knock but as I expected, he doesn’t answer. I let myself in anyway.

“Kyuhyun-ah … you didn’t have breakfast yet” He’s lying on his bed, blankly staring at the ceiling

“I’m not hungry” To hear Kyuhyun say he’s not hungry, means that he’s really sad. This reminds me of the earlier days when he first moved in with me. It took a while for him to let me in and to finally be able to smile again. A tear rolls down my cheek just remembering about those days but I quickly wipe it up.

I approach him and lay my body next to his as I also stare at the ceiling…

“I don’t know what’s wrong or what exactly happened that night two years ago, but I don’t want to see you like this again. I won’t let you”

”…”

”Hyukjae told me about Siwon” His body suddenly flinched at the mention of Siwon’s name “I know that you must’ve had a reason for not telling me about him earlier, so I’m not going to insist on you telling me now. I just want my cheerful friend back. I need you Kyu, please talk to me. Don’t close on yourself”

I can’t help it anymore. My tears start streaming down my face ...

Kyuhyun’s POV
Why are you crying Hae? Please don’t … I’ve been holding up my tears for the last couple of days and now seeing you cry like this is not helping at all.

I turned my face to look at him but both of his hands are on his face, trying to hide his tears. I slowly roll my body to the side and put one arm over his chest.

”Please stop … Hae … Please” I really didn’t want to cry so I need him to stop

He removes his hands from his face and looks at me … “Talk to me Kyu”

I realize that I can’t run from this so I have to tell him. Hyukjae already told him the main things but I can see he’s not satisfied by it.

”That night I left the hospital with Siwon. We slept together. I know it may sound irrational but at that moment we both couldn’t deny the strange feelings we were having. However, the next morning, as I woke up next to him I realized that this is not a good thing. I mean sleeping with him was by far the best thing that’s ever happened to me, but I was a mess and heartbroken. So I left him with a note”

“A note?”

”As much as I didn’t want to leave him, I had to. Even though it was already too late for me to unfeel what I felt that night but I had to leave. I believed he’s too good to have someone like me. In the note, I mentioned how bad I felt for leaving, and how he made me feel that night. I also told him that I believe if we’re destined together then we’ll find each other again”

”You were right … You did find each other again!”

”That’s what I thought. But he didn’t. He didn’t believe in destiny … He didn’t wait for me” With that my unshed tears couldn’t stay locked anymore. They start falling down my cheeks wetting my pillow, and making Donghae’s tears also flow with mine.

”What do you mean? What did he tell you?”

”He has a girlfriend Hae. He already moved on”

”What? How do you know? Did he tell you?”

”No. But I heard Hyukjae talking to him on the phone”

“I’m so sorry Kyuhyun-ah … I’m so sorry …” It feels good to let it all go. Now that Donghae is hugging me and comforting me, I feel so lucky to have a friend like him. He has always been there for me even though I don’t open up to him all the time.

”I’m sorry too”

”For what?”

”Not telling you about Siwon earlier … I was scared … He is –was- special to me”

Message From: Hae-Hae
Where are you now? We need to talk …

Messege From: Hyukkie
Home. What’s wrong?

Message From: Hae-Hae
Send me your address.

Right now Donghae is sitting in the living room of Hyukjae’s apartment. He’s really sad and angry at the same time.

“What’s wrong Donghae?”

”It’s about Kyuhyun and Siwon”

”What about them?”

”Okay I know this is not my business and we only had one date so we’re not practically boyfriends. But I can’t see my best friend getting hurt”

“Can you tell me what’s wrong?” Hyukjae knows exactly what Donghae is talking about, his heart jumped the moment Kyuhyun’s and Siwon’s names were brought up. However, now Donghae can tell him about how Kyuhyun feels and so, he can either thank himself for the lie he said or try to fix the mess he made by telling that lie.

”My friend is now crying and moping, disappointed about what your friend did”

“My friend? Siwon? what did he do?”

”You didn’t talk to him after that day at the hospital?”

”He doesn’t want to talk to anyone”

As Siwon was driving Hyukjae home after his release from the hospital …

“Siwon-ah what happened?”

”Not now Hyukjae”

”What did you talked about with Kyuhyun?”

”It’s over and I don’t want to talk about it”

”Over? Did he not remember you?”

”Hyuk-ah please … you better stop talking about him, unless you want me to drive into a tree and send both of us back to the hospital!”

”…”

“It's frustrating. Tell me … Does Siwon have a girlfriend?”

Hyukjae’s POV
What should I do now? Clearly I hurt both of them. Should I tell Donghae the truth? B-but he clearly said we’re not boyfriends and he obviously going to take his best friend’s side. What if he hates me after this? I really like him.

Being  lost in thoughts, Hyukjae doesn’t realize that his face is now wet with tears. It’s probably due to his guilt but he really didn’t mean anything bad by it. He didn’t know it will get out of hand and he doesn’t want Siwon or Donghae to hate him.

”Hyukkie? Why are you crying?”

”I’m sorry Hae … I’m really sorry” Arms resting on his knees, Hyukjae buries his face in his hands while his tears can’t seem to stop.

Donghae, worried about him, he moves closer and tightly hugs him.

”Hyukkie … what’s wrong? Why are you sorry? Talk to me”

It did take several seconds until Hyukjae could manage to stop his tears. He lifts his head and looks at Donghae who’s, clearly, sincerely worried about him ‘You’re so beautiful Hae and I’m already falling for you’ and without thinking twice, Hyukjae’s lips claim Donghae’s as he nibbles on the latter's bottom lip, it slowly and gently. It didn’t take long for Donghae to snap out of the sudden move and to close his eyes as he moves his lips. Hyukjae smiles into the kiss, relieved that the younger is kissing him back.

“What was that for?” Donghae asks once they break the kiss

”I wanted to do that since the moment I laid my eyes on you”

A certain wave of blush makes its way into Donghae’s cheeks but he turns his face, avoiding Hyukjae’s intense gaze.

They were silent for a few seconds before Donghae can remember the real reason he’s there and he soon calms his beating heart. He clears his throat before looking at the older again.

”This is not about us. We have a more important issue right now. Can you help me … Please?”

How can I say no when you’re giving me those puppy eyes of yours. Even though you may hate me after this but I’ll help you.

“You’re probably going to hate me after this”

Donghae looks at him puzzled but before he opens his mouth to ask, Hyukjae adds …

”Okay here it goes. That day when you introduced me to Kyuhyun at the hospital, well his name instantly rang a bell in my head. And I soon realized that he, Cho Kyuhyun, is the man that Siwon kept talking about and hoping to meet again for the past two years”

”Wait … you mean Siwon does …”

”Yes. He loves him. Siwon never stopped thinking about Kyuhyun and he was looking forward to meeting him again. However …”

”However?”

”I messed it up”

”What? How?”

”I love Siwon and we’ve been friends for as long as I can remember so I only wants his best. I know I’m being selfish here but he had been hurt before and I watched him drown in his misery for two years. I just didn’t want it to happen again”

”What are you talking about?”

”The day I was supposed to get released from the hospital … Kyuhyun was in the room and I … pretended to be talking to Siwon on the phone. I noticed how Kyuhyun’s body flinched at the mention of Siwon’s name and that’s when I knew for sure that this Kyuhyun is the one Siwon was looking for”

”So far it’s good … But why do I feel something bad is coming up?”

”I-I may have led him to believe that Siwon is dating someone”

”MAY HAVE?” Donghae is furious at what Hyukjae has done. He angrily stood from the couch and glared at the older.

”I know it was stupid but I had to. I would do anything to protect my friend. I needed to make sure Kyuhyun feels the same way about him”

”How could you?? You could’ve just talked to him and figure out if he has feelings for your friend. Why lie?”

Hyukjae is speechless. He knows that Donghae is mad at him right now and he can’t blame him.

”We need to tell them”

”No please. Siwon would hate me for it. Please …”

”We can’t let them be like this Hyukjae! They’re meant to be together”

”I know that now, but please, we can find another way to get them together … please!”

”They’ll know eventually”

”I’ll make sure I’ll be the one telling them, but not now. I know Siwon. If he finds out about this now when he's sad, he’s going to be real mad at me. He’s the only one I got and I can’t afford losing him”

Donghae closes his eyes and thinks for a minute. If he’s mad at Hyukjae right now just imagine how Siwon his long life friend will be.

Donghae really cares about the older and he doesn’t want this to ruin what might be a relationship. He tries to put himself in his shoes, if it was Kyuhyun he might do the impossible to protect him. Well not a stupid lie like this one … but guess Hyukkie’s imagination is limited.

”Fine. But if nothing works. You’re telling them the truth”

Hyukjae’s eyes lit up. He jumps out of the couch and hugs the startled Donghae.

The Next Day

”Siwon-ah … Can you check if I left concert tickets in your house?”

> What would your tickets be doing here? <

”Remember I stopped by and told you that I’m taking Donghae to Super Junior concert?”

> Wait a second … Found them. You can come pick them up <

”Thank you Siwon-ah. You’ll be home today?”

> Yes. I’m not in the mood to go out <

”Okay I’ll stop by later then. Thanks, see ya”

Weirdo

Meanwhile in the other side of the room …

”Please please Kyu! I really can’t go get them and Hyukjae has a class!”

> I’m busy Hae! <

”B-but your shift will end in a couple of hours! Pleaaaaase”

> Why can’t you take them! Where are you? <

”I’ll cover your next nightshift”

> … Deal. But who’s gonna open the door for me? <

”There’s an Ajhumma cleaning the house right now”

> Okay <

”I’ll text you the address. Thank you”

“So? Did it work?” Asks Donghae

”Yes. You?”

”With a big price but yeah”

”Let’s just hope it will work”

”Hope so. Maybe the memories of that night will flow into their mind again”

”Thank you by the way … For doing this”

”Oh you’ll make it up to me when these two love birds get together”

Donghae blushes while Hyukjae just smiles as he awkwardly scratches his not so itchy head.

Apparently the EunHae couple is conspiring to get Kyuhyun and Siwon together. Hyukjae who accidentally forgot his concert tickets at Siwon’s place, and because he and Donghae are unfortunately busy, they made Kyuhyun go pick up the tickets for them.

Message From: Fishy
”SuJu, Route 1013. Apartment n°13”

Why does it sound familiar?

A couple of hours later, Kyuhyun finally finishes his shift and is happy to go home and play games, his best pass time, but he has an errand to do. So he sighs and walks to the parking lot, gets in his car and drive to this supposedly Hyukjae’s house.

Once there, his eyes wander around the area and a familiar feeling rises into his stomach like it’s a dejà vu. Since it’s been two years since that night, the neighbourhood had been through some changes and that’s probably why Kyuhyun doesn’t recognize it.

Nonetheless, as he starts to walk into the building and towards the elevator, that feeling is getting stronger by each step. His brain is trying to detect why this place looks familiar, but due to the shock that he got when he found out that Siwon doesn’t feel the same way about him, his heart immediately blocked any kind of reminder.

As Kyuhyun steps out from the elevator and starts walking towards the said apartment, his heart is racing fast. As he stands in front of the door, he hesitantly rings the bell and to his shock, it wasn’t an ajhumma who opened the door, no. It was Him.

”K-kyuhyun-ah … what are you doing here?” Siwon’s heart might’ve fluttered thinking that Kyuhyun is here to see him. Unfortunately, to his dismay, that wasn’t the reason.

”I-I’m … Donghae … Hyukjae-ssi” Why the hell am I stuttering? He clears his throat “Donghae sent me to get some tickets that Hyukjae left at his house. B-but I can see this is yours”

”You don’t remember that this is my house?” Siwon is clearly hurt. First by the fact that Kyuhyun came all this way just to run an errand and not to see him, and second because he didn’t even remember that this is his house.

Kyuhyun slaps himself mentally at this uncomfortable situation. It’s not like he can say ‘Ah sorry I just forgot everything about you the minute I found out you have a girlfriend’, can he? So he just decides to change the subject.

”I’m really sorry to disturb you. If you can give me the tickets, I would soon leave”

Seriously? Is this all that you’re here for? Tickets? Fine by me!

”Come on in. It’s rude to leave a guest waiting at the door step” Without waiting for a response, Siwon turns around and walks away. Kyuhyun, dumbfounded, takes a deep breath before stepping into the apartment as well.

How he wish he didn’t agree to Donghae’s favour. Just being in this apartment again gives him heartache. Everything is still the same. His eyes soon land on the sofa where he kissed Siwon, the place where it all started. Where they talked about their strange feelings that led them directly to the bedroom where they connected and became one...

As he is absorbed in his sad thoughts and his shattering wish, Kyuhyun doesn’t notice the single tear that’s now escaping his eyes, nor the figure that’s now walking towards him until the latter speaks …

”Here are the tickets” Kyuhyun soon turns his back to Siwon and quickly wipes the teardrop so the older won’t see it. 

”Can I get a glass of water?” Just before Siwon can answer, the door bell rings making Kyuhyun turn to face the older again.

”The kitchen is over there ... In case you don’t remember. I’ll see who’s at the door” Kyuhyun’s heart sank at that, but he’s confused to why Siwon is upset about him not remembering his house. He moved on, so what’s the big deal? Besides, of course Kyuhyun knows where the kitchen is.

Kyuhyun slowly makes his way into the kitchen. The familiar place where he sat on the counter and wrote his note, the place where he realized, that Siwon may be his destiny.

Kyuhyun closes his eyes, takes a deep breath and walks to the fridge to get a bottle of water. However, as he’s about to open the fridge, his eyes land on something even more familiar. The note itself.

T-this is my note! He kept it? Why would he do that? It’s still neat even after these years … I don’t understand why?

Kyuhyun let his fingers trace the note stuck to the fridge. He’s astonished to why would Siwon keep it if he already moved on. Suddenly, he hears some footsteps so he hurriedly opens the fridge and searches for a bottle of water.

”Found it yet?”

”Yes” Kyuhyun takes the bottle but as he closes the fridge the note is gone. As his gaze diverts to Siwon, he notices the latter stuffing something into his back pocket which he figures it’s definitely the note. Why would you want to hide it Siwon? Well I shouldn't care.

”I better go. Thanks” Kyuhyun takes a couple of sips from the bottle before putting in on the kitchen counter and ready to leave, but as he walks past Siwon, he feels a grip on his wrist.

”Wait” Kyuhyun is surely taking aback as Siwon’s finger moves to his face and wipes some water drops from the corner of his mouth, although It took him a lot of resistance not to close his eyes and drown into Siwon’s addicting touch.

Siwon, on the other hand, seizes this chance to touch Kyuhyun’s lips as his thumb trails the younger’s bottom lip, slowly moistening it with the water drop that was on the corner of his mouth.

Kyuhyun’s feet refuse to obey him as they froze in their place, while Siwon’s thumb is stubbornly still roaming those plump lips as if it’s the most natural thing to do.

To his disappointment, Kyuhyun suddenly feels empty when Siwon redraws his hand and let go of the grip on his wrist. The younger takes the tickets and finally his feet agree to move as he dashes out of Siwon’s apartment. When he closes the door, he runs fast until he reaches his car. However, once he turns the engine, his breathing gets abnormal and his hand clenches on his aching chest right above his heart. It took him a few minutes before he can drive and get out of that place. The place where he's only a few feet away from the man he loves but can't have.

Kyuhyun wasn’t the only one in a mess. Once the door closed, Siwon’s knees can barely hold him up. His arm stretches to grip on a chair to support his weight before he wearily drags his feet to sit on it.
His head feels dizzy and his brain doesn’t seem to function well, and a
s much as he's trying to calm down his beating heart, the bottle on the counter makes it even hard.

Despite the dizziness, Siwon reaches for it and let his fingers trace its cover. Kyuhyun touched it, is all that matters to him. He slowly opens the bottle and lifts it to his mouth, taking a sip before a sad smile graces his lips.


Another update XD
And Hyukjae is starting to fix things, see? With Fishy's help of course but at least he feels guilty, right?
Anyway, for those who doesn't know ... Monkey is safe under a Protection Program so don't sweat yourself in looking for him :p
I'm looking for WK's rainbow which will happen soon (hopefully)
Thank you guys for all the comments I really really appreciate it ^^ and it's what motivates me to update as soon as possible